Sea Crest Motor Inn

101 Beach Drive, Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States

More about Sea Crest Motor Inn

Rude Staff, Musty Rooms, Over Priced

Be ware, the rooms are nothing like what are seen in the brochure and website. They are over priced, rundown, and had a musty smell. The staff was very rude and to some extend nasty. A simple request such as a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner seemed to be an inconvience for the staff at the front desk. There are plent of nicer places in Cape May, so don't ruin your trip by staying here.

Closest to the ocean in Cape May

I agree - the staff is not as friendly as they could be and the rooms are not cheap - - - - but my husband and I have been staying there for several years for a few reasons - of all the hotels in Cape May - they have the best ocean front rooms. They also have covered parking which is ideal for when my hubby wants to drive his classic car to Cape May. I do wish the staff were a bit more pleasant and the prices a bit lower - - - but if you want nice views with rooms VERY close to the beach (we've never had an issue with smelly or unclean rooms) (and a heated jacuzzi in addition to a pool) plus covered parking - this is the best place in Cape May.

One of the Nicest in Cape May

I stayed in the Marqui de lafayette their rooms were in desperate need of remodeling they were so overpriced. The next time I stayed at the Seacrest. What a difference. The rooms are nice, they are clean. The staff was friendly. I even met the owner she was just adorable. My room was ready ahead of time. I will be staying there again. They are my first choice always.

Always a relaxing get away.

My wife has been going to Cape May since she was a kid and then later in life with me after we married. We have stayed at a variety of different Motels/Hotels in Cape May, but the Sea Crest Inn is truly the best of them all. We have been going there for the last 15 years and have never had a problem.

The staff and owners are very friendly and go out of their way to meet all your specific needs. The hotel is always clean including the daily maid service. The hotel offers spacious rooms with a breath taking view of the lighthouse and ocean. The pool and hot tub are heated and you have a short walk across the street to the beach.

The hotel is also in walking distance to the boardwalk, shops and mall, but far enough away to get you out of noise those other hotels have to deal with.

The Sea Crest is definitely the best Inn in Cape May.

best place in Cape May

I have stayed at the Seacrest for many years and continue to go back every year. I think it is the best location and hotel in Cape May. It is located in the quiet part of town, but still is only a short walk to the center of Cape May. The views of the sunset are awesome and one can sit on the balcony and view the lighthouse. If you choose to sleep with the windows open, you can fall asleep listening to the ocean and feel the sea breeze. Or you can crank up the AC if needed. The rooms are always so clean and updated. The pool is heated with a hot tub also available. The maids are great, trustworthy, and always offer extra towels. I have tried other places and some were dirty, noisey, and more expensive. The owners always try to make our stay nice and relaxing. I do not understand the bad reviews of this place, because I have found it to be the best spot in Cape May for years. The room rates are reasonable and the number of people allowed in each room is the same as 95% of the other hotels in Cape May.

Loved the ocean view

My husband and I spent our 25th wedding anniversary at the SeaCrest and loved every minute of it. The owners were very accomodating- surprising us with a bottle of champagne and flowers on our arrival. The sunsets are simply gorgeous. It is just across the street from the beach and the downtown area is just a few blocks away. I have recommended it to all my friends. It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible first experience

We stayed at the SeaCrest on Fourth of July weekend. I just have to say that we've stayed at many resorts in Cape May and this is by far the worst. First, the rooms were not as they were pictured in the brochure and they had a weird smell. Secondly, when we asked to have more towels the woman (who we assumed was the owner) looked at us like we asked her to pay for our vacation. The staff was friendly, but the hotel owners seemed nasty, like it was an inconvienience to have us stay there. We felt like they were watching and waiting for us to do something wrong. I have to say, for all of the money the owners must make, why do they look so miserable?If anyone should be miserable, it's us. It was our 16th wedding anniversary and the only gift we got from the SeaCrest was a big bill, cheap owners and an even bigger dissapointment. I think next time we'll try a bed and breakfast again, at least we know they appreciate our business.

Very Nice!

I was visiting while organizing my wedding come this September, and I'm defintitely recommending this to my guests! It was a very clean place, people who work there are very nice, rooms are a great size for families of 3 or more too.

Pure Delight

by TripAdvisor Member gazoo

My sister and I stayed at The Seacrest Inn July 31, 2005 to August 2, 2005. We came to Cape May to destress and we did just that. The staff at the hotel couln't have been more helpful. We got directions and recommenations for fun places to eat. Our room was wonderful. It was a one bedroom suite but was more like a small apartment. The only drawback was that we did not have a view. Wer didn't spend that much time in the room anyway. The pool was clean and heated. We went on a tour of four B7B's through mack with it ending a the Physic estate for tea and scones. It was great fun and I highly recommend it.

Ok Place, Crummy Management

by TripAdvisor Member cmd123

We stayed here for 3 nights in early June. First, the physical plant is pretty nice. We had a kitchenette with full-size refrigerator, 4-burner stove top, and microwave, plus 2 tv's. Despite the creative photo on the Sea Crest website, it is not right on the beach, but rather across the road. Still, you have a sea view. Our problem was with the management. On April 11, we called to make reservations for 2 rooms in June. We were told if we stayed 2 nights we would get the 3rd night free. We made the reservations for 3 nights, and received a confirmation notice to that effect. Two weeks before our arrival date (June 4th), we received a phone call, saying, "The clerk made a mistake. The Special is for the 3rd night at half price." My husband didn't argue with them--he thought we had been caught in a bait and switch operation. Regardless, I felt that we had a contract which they were breaking. Our friends, whose reservations we made at the same time, were not given the Special, and the manager refused to do so, saying that their room didn't qualify. We hadn't requested anything special for either room, and didn't understand why one qualified and the other didn't. At any rate, the manager was always "Out" and impossible to catch (we communicated through the staff), and our friends paid full price for the 3rd night.

The Sea Crest seems to be trying to cut corners several ways. Small things, but things you notice--no luggage rack, no paper towels in the kitchen, noisey plastic covers on the mattresses. The staff was very nice, and helpful in most areas.

We didn't want to stay at a B&B, and chose this hotel instead. Next time, we would try someplace else.

Comments