The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn

stephanK's Profile Photo

Fantastic Weekend Escape

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 26, 2011

My Wife and I decided that we needed a break from our 3 kids, so we decided on a weekend getaway in Cape May. We don't typically like a lot of crowds, so we opted to go here in their slower season. The town is really a marvel, not only for its astonishingly beautiful array of Victorian homes and B and B's, but the fact that there are so many shops and restaurants still open in the winter.

We decided to go to the Mason Cottage based on recommendations from my In-Law's. They went last year and raved about it, so we decided to try it. Well they were right, it was perfect! It was just what we needed to relax and recharge.

Patti is the innkeeper here and she was great. She made several dinner recommendations and then took care of the reservations for us. We were very glad we took her advice. We went to Peter Sheilds and had a very romantic dinner (just my wife and I, no kids!).

After dinner, we came back to the inn, settled into our room and slept like babies. My wife and I both commented on how quiet it was. We had such a great time, that I wanted to share our experience with others here in this forum. It was definitely worth the trip!

Unique Quality: Beautifully maintained Victorian Inn
Historically registered
Fantastic breakfast
Afternoon tea that is dedicated to us Chocoholics
Spacious rooms

• Suites
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Cape May Travel Forum

Need advice about Cape May, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Cape May and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cape May hotel reviews