Twin Gables

731 Columbia Ave., Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States
Twin Gables
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Cape May

Looks like 0001 Cemetery Lane..the Adams Family!Looks like 0001 Cemetery Lane..the Adams Family!

Hawk seen from the lighthouseHawk seen from the lighthouse

On Cape May BeachOn Cape May Beach

Scallops with lobster ravioliScallops with lobster ravioli

Travel Tips for Cape May

Take a horse and carriage...

by rossandkelli

Take a horse and carriage ride! They will take you through the streets and tell you all about the history. Each home must conform to historical standards so they are beautiful!

http://www.capemay.com Walking the Promanade early in the morning while sipping coffee and eating french pastries! The boardwalk by the beach was washed away so many times in storms that they knocked down the wooden one and made a cement boardwalk with very few stores. When they did this they built a promanade about 4 blocks from the beach with shops and dining, it's cobblestone and cut off from most traffic...I love to shop here!

Packing List

by roamer61

A simple soft bag will do. Bring a bathing suit during the Summer. The beach is close by. If you plan to do any hiking or birdwatching like I did, bring plenty of insect repellent. You'll need it in some places. Bathing suits are a must in the Summer.

This quiet end of town is...

by richiecdisc

This quiet end of town is where my other brother Tony and his wife Donna lived the past few summers. It’s over by the Lobster house but in atmosphere, eons away and well worth a wander to see some of the quaint shore houses along the dock.

Right on the Pier at Fisherman's Wharf

by starship about The Raw Bar

When we are in Cape May, one of our favorite places to eat is the Lobster House where we choose to get our favorite seafood as take out and then sit outside on the pier. Our whole family loves it!! But if you are in the mood for some oysters on the half shell or steamed clams and an ice cold mug of beer, you've got to try The Raw Bar!!

The Raw Bar is an airy, bustling place with two-sides of the restaurant completely open and overlook the Lobster House Docks and the Cape May Harbor. You can choose to sit at their large bar, or at one of their many tables, or outside on the pier.

They offer the usual hamburgers and sandwiches, soups & salads but you can get that everywhere. For appetizers, try a dozen hot & spicy steamed shrimp ($8.00); or 6 oysters on the half-shell ($7.25); or a dozen steamed little-neck clams ($8.00); Clams Casino ($7.00). If your little ones are not fond of seafood, they can order grilled cheese sandwiches with fries ($5) or chicken fingers ($5.25).

The Raw Bar is a very popular place and seats at the bar are usually available, but seats on the pier can be hard to get especially on those fabulously sunny warm days in Cape May. Hours can vary all year so call ahead to make sure they will be open when you arrive. I probably have at least six types of seafood that I love! So one of my favorite things to get at The Raw Bar is the "Clam Bake Dinner." For about $20 you get a small lobster, steamed clams, shrimp, mussels, red skin potatoes, and steamed corn!! That's what I call good eating! This meal is very much like our favorite meal from the Outer Banks of North Carolina which is called a Steamer Pot because the meal comes in a big aluminum pot in which all the fabulous ingredients have been steamed. My east coast, southern heritage really shines through when I think about how much I love this type of seafood...oh, don't forget the crab cakes, fried flounder and hush puppies!!

Great coffee and internet access too

by toonsarah about Magic Brain

This is the place in Cape May for great coffee, and they have the bonus of internet access with a decent speed too, for keeping up to date with all your VT friends ;-) We came here for breakfast most mornings as I do like my caffeine fix! They have the full range of cappuccinos, lattes etc, with options such as decaff (why ...?!!), flavoured syrups, soy milk and extra shots. There’s also a choice of regular brews, teas and cold drinks. There are various breakfast goodies such as muffins and croissants, which were mostly very good (though I found the scone I had one day a little dry), and I also liked the granola with yoghurt and strawberries.

You’re not supposed to eat at the computers (although a mug of coffee is OK) so we would eat our breakfast at one of the small number of tables provided and then pay for a 15 minute stint while finishing off our coffees or in my case maybe having a second one!). They charge $4 for 15 minutes (or $6 an hour if you bring your own laptop and want to connect to their wireless access), with discounts for whole day use (or even whole week, I believe) and of course extra charges for printing.

Comments