Victorian Motel

223 Congress Place, Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States

More about Victorian Motel

We had a lovely stay at The Victorian Motel

by TripAdvisor Member themomapdw

We were extremely impressed by the cleanliness of the Motel. It is located in the middle of town, walking distance to beach, shops, and resturants. The staff at the front desk was very polite and helpful. The manager, I think his name was John was very friendly and was ready to meet our every need. The swimming pool was great for the kids and adults to enjoy. It was warm and very clean. The only complaint that I do have is that one of the possible head maids or a manager was very rude and obnoxious to me and some of the other guests. She had a very bad attitude and I overheard her speaking about another guest that was staying here and it wasn't a very nice comment. That same guest I talked to later and her and her husband said that they were never going to return back to the Victorian Motel due to her attitude and how she treated them.
Other than that the stay was very pleasant and I would recommend this motel to family and friends.

The place was SPOTLESS!!

by TripAdvisor Member AuntMick

I have been going to the Wildwoods / Cape May at least once a year for the past 40 years for vacation. I have stayed everywhere from Congress Hall and B&B's to the tacky motels in the Crest.

Every year I have walked passed the Victorian Motel, was envious of the location but never made a reservation. I needed to stay in Cape May by myself just for one night on business so I took a chance and stayed at the Victorian. What a wonderful surprise! I was shocked at how clean the room was. I have never had a room like that at the shore. I almost felt guilty unpacking all my stuff! The bathroom seemed brand new, it couldn't have been remodled more than a year ago. There was not a speck of dust anywhere and there was no seashore / moldy smell or overpowering smell of cleaning solutions.

The location is perfect. It was nice to be able to walk everywhere and have a close location to put all my purchases from the mall. I have already raved to my family about the place and I am looking forward to the next time I get to come back.

I have stayed at places like Congress Hall - save your money, it is all hype. This place is a real keeper.

Nice Owners/Wonderful, Clean Motel

by TripAdvisor Member bubbieluv

I have been going to the Victorian Motel several times each summer for the probably the past 15 or 20 years, at least, and have never been disappointed. For someone who is handicapped, the motel is convenient, clean, comfortable, close to everything. A ramp makes it so much easier to ride my scooter to the room. Refrigerators are now supplied in each room, which is a big help. Management is friendly and helpful. I don't think anyone would be unhappy with these accommodations. Can't wait until next summer when you can be sure to find me and my family back at the Victorian Motel.

Loved the Vitorian Motel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gamadoodle

Spent last week at the Victorian Motel and just loved it! Had a 2 room eff. ste. Very clean and great view of the mall. Could walk to beach, stores, etc. Went with another couple who had a room next to ours on the third floor. Can't wait for a return visit! Owners very helpful and nice. Great motel!!!

Great Location- Great Motel

by TripAdvisor Member bjretto3

The best motel that I've stayed in at Cape May and I've stayed in a few over the years. Fairly new bath, rooms were simple but clean. I stayed in a 2 room eff. with a friend. We both had our own space . The only things that I could have asked for was a TV in the bedroom and a solid door between the rooms. The door that was there did not keep any noise out . Also, an overhead fan in the bedroom or a small air-conditioner in the bedroom window would have been perfect . These things would bring my rating up to Excellent.
I will go back to this motel again .
P.S. The staff was great too !

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member BirdInHandWalker

My wife and I stayed at the Victorian Hotel Dec 5-7 weekend. It was the weekend of the Christmas parade. We could not have had a better location to watch the parade. We could even watch it from the warmth of our room. Our room was immaculate and we loved the new bathrooms. John and Suzanne are great hosts and they provided the guests with a little Christmas cheer on Sunday morning, coffee and fresh baked cookies. We enjoyed our weekend at the Victorian and we will definitely return.

Don't agree with other reviewers

by TripAdvisor Member LT921

The only reason I'm giving this place 2 stars is for the unbeatable location and the good price. You can walk to the Mall and the beach. However, the room was definitely NOT clean. The bathroom was gross and the tub had other people's hair in it. The whole place had a smell to it. We had a two room "suite", but there was no a/c or tv in the bedroom, and only a flimsy see-through door between the rooms. Both the bed and the sofabed were extremely uncomfortable. The pool is great, but they close the whole pool area at 7 pm. In the summer! The management was very rude and wouldn't even let us in to the pool area to cook on the grill. There is a housekeeper manager there who is extremely rude. We were talking to other guests who also agreed they aren't returning because of the rude treatment by management. When we checked out at the end of our stay, we weren't planning on leaving town until late in the day as we had family that was still staying at the hotel and wanted to spend time with them, so we asked if we could spend the day at the pool. We were told NO, we had to be off the property by noon!! I am never returning to this place.

Don't overlook the Victorian!

by TripAdvisor Member staunch67

Cape May is filled with historic hotels and ritzy bed and breakfasts - all of which can cost you an arm and a leg - but if you're like me and just enjoy being near the sea as often as you can, then the Victorian is for you! While not directly on the beach, you are well within walking distance, as well as a hop, skip and jump (literally) from shops and dining. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable (two very important things in my book!) - and the prices cannot be beat. So, whether you're in Cape May during the season, or off - I think you'll agree that the Victorian is well worth it! By the way, the staff are very friendly and accomodating!

Treated this Coast Guard family wonderfully

by TripAdvisor Member Beachgal0738

My family and I needed a place to stay when my son was graduating from the Coast Guard Recruiting program. Coming from Maine, we had never been to Cape May, New Jersey. I went to the city website and asked for their recommendations. They suggested the Victorian Motel who in turn contacted me themselves through email. They were awesome! They made it simple for me to book the rooms I needed. They were in touch with me to make sure I was all set. On the day we traveled, we went down through a snow and freezing rain storm. When we got to the hotel, the folks were very friendly and had been concerned about our drive down. They made us feel like we were back in our own small town....friendly, neighborly, helpful. The hotel's accommodations were all that we needed. Someday I hope to return to enjoy the beach and all the shops that are only a walk away from the hotel. This was the perfect place to be.

Comments