Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

850 Paterson Plank Road, Route 120, East Rutherford, New Jersey, 07073, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• CristinaMIA's Profile Photo

Close to the City without the Price Tag

We booked one Room with two double beds. The room included a desk with chair, armchair, TV, dresser, armoire with ironing board and iron, blow dryer. We fit five adults in this room comfortably. (we had to push the beds against the walls but we had plenty of room to move around. The hotel staff was excellent. They were extremely helpful and attentive.

Unique Quality: Bus Line 163 that goes straight to NY. Drops you off at the Bus Port Authority on 42nd street. One block from Times Square.

24/7 Coffee/Tea/Cocoa Served. This is great when you walk in after walking 9 hours and need a pick me up.

Contintental breakfast until 10:00 AM. (Coffee, Milk, Cereal, French Toast, Pastries, Bagels)

After Hours - Room Key required to enter building

Safe location. Several Families stayed there.

Food Deliver Place that is open until 3:00 am. (Amalfi Restaurant)

Directions: Off route 1-20.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

A Gem of a hotel just outside of Manhattan Island

We chose this hotel because it was about 6 or 7 miles from Manhattan. I did a bit of my homework and found that this hotel was also very near Giants Stadium. I'm not a real big NFL east coast affectionado and I'm sure the answer is really simple, but can someone tell me why the NY Giants have a stadium in NJ?

Anyway, this 5 floor hotel, like other newer Fairfield Inns have the complimentary continental breakfast, 24 hour coffee service and USA Today in the front lobby. This hotel has on-site, self serve laundry facilities (very important in my family) and vending machines on every other floor.

Since the hotel was in the heart of the Meadowlands, there was sports memorabilia dotting the lobby. There were some restaurants close to the hotel, however we were here for Manhattan Island and did not take advantage of visiting any of them. We did have some take out and the phone numbers were provided to us in the room folder.

We also chose this hotel because it was in route with one of the NJ transit lines. Very convenient to have a bus stop right outside our hotel that went directly into Manhattan Island and the main NJ/NY transit hub.

The hotel staff was very helpful with directions (they're probably used to it) and insightful information about the bus routes. We also had some problems getting to the hotel because there was some construction that diverted us away from the hotel. The front desk staff was able to get us on the right track.

Unique Quality: When we entered our room it was fairly clean, however there was a huge dent in the wall right next to one of our double beds. It looked as if someone leaned on it and planted a permanent butt imprint. Since they at least sealed it up as best they could with wall paper, I didn't think it was a big deal.

The rooms had hairdryers, iron and ironing boards, and high speed internet access. They did not have balconies, but they did have a nice spot for me to smoke just right outside on the hotel grounds.

I requested that the rooms be non-smoking and as close as possible, and the hotel was accomodating with both requests. I was unable to get a late check out due to the fact that they were expecting 2 bus loads of people that day. Oh well, that's what I get for not requesting a wake-up call.

Directions: In the Meadowlands Sports Complex just off of Route 120.

Comments