100 Glimcher Realty Way
Expedia.com Booking.com CountryInns.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Country Inn And Suites Newark Airport

great hotel

We stayed here for 5 nights in Oct/2005. I booked a suite because my husband and I go to bed at different times, and he could watch TV as late as he wanted without disturbing me. The hotel seems brand new and it felt clean. Also I found the bed very comfortable. As it is very close to the airport, I definitely could hear the planes taking-off and landing (and that's with the a/c fan running). It seemed that the last plane to take off was at about 11pm or midnight, so for me, it wasn't a problem. The continental breakfast was good. I kinda watch what I eat and I found porridge, banana's and apples, so I was happy. What was especially handy about this hotel, it's a 5 min. walk to New Jersey's largest outlet mall. Many New Yorkers come to shop here as there's no tax on clothing. Now that I'm talking about New York, I'm getting to the only problem I had staying at this hotel, and it can be a major one for some people. You have to switch trains, etc about 4 times (no exageration) to get to Manhattan and 5 times to get to Brooklynn. It took my mother and I, 1-1/2hr to Manhattan and 2hrs to get to Brooklynn. The amount of time wasted on commuting was frustrating. If I remember this correctly, there was the free shuttle from the hotel to the airtrain, the airtrain to the airport path train, the path train to the subway, then the subway to where you want to go. This cost about $22. So, if you and your husband are doing this every day, that extra $40 could go toward a hotel in Manhattan where you'd be close to everything. I thought I"d be saving lots staying in New Jersey, but with the time and cost of commuting...I'd rethink this. It's a good thing we travelled with my parents. With all the switching trains, I don't think they could have done on their own. They would have ended up who knows where. So as I was saying earlier...My husband and I (as well as my parents) loved this hotel, but the commute is a real pain in the neck.

A very good experience

by TripAdvisor Member NorthYork

We stayed four nights and had a very good experience with this hotel, especially because it is very clean, beds are comfortable and breakfast is more than adequate. Pool and whirlpool are nice and clean too.
We drove six minutes and parked at Elizabeth train station($5 daily) and took the NJ train to New York Penn Station (30 to 45 minutes - $5 one way).Very convenient.
The hotel receptionists are not in a mood to please, but at least they make an effort.
Hotel shuttle to the airport was always on time.
ONE WORD OF ADVICE:
We got billed for a long-distance phone call we did not make. We did not argue too much about it, because it was only $2, but I suspect the person resposible may have been the cleaning woman. Anyway, if you don't want to pay for someone else's calls, I suggest you ask the reception to deactivate your room phones entirely, and use the payphones or your cellular.

Very Good Experience

by TripAdvisor Member yorom

This is a perfect hotel forpeople who need to be in this area. In my case I needed to be close to the Newark airport and it takes about 4-5 minutes from the hotel to the passenger terminal (P4) at Newrak airport. Yes there is airplane noise.... DUH!!!... this is an airport hotel... but the sounds from outside did not bother me. Nice clean hotel!

Only ok

by TripAdvisor Member Scousie

I'm quite surprised that this hotel has scored so highly. I got it on priceline for $30 and for that price it was ok but I wouldn't have been happy paying the rack rate of $100 or so. We chose it as we were flying from Newark back to the Uk and needed somewhere convenient for the Airtrain.

The rooms were ok - seemed worn and uncared for and were basic. The front desk weren't overly friendly but were reasonably efficient. The worst bit was when their (small) luggage room was full so on check out we were nearly lumbered with 4 cases when we had a day to kill before the flight. Eventually they found some room in their office to store this - for which we were very grateful - but it seemed to me there should have been a more substantial facility with it being an airport hotel. People will have lots of luggage!!

On the plus side there is a shuttle to the airtrain (although waited over an hour when its supposed to be every half an hour) and it is only 15 minutes away. And there's a huge outlet mall across the road.

I appreciate that this is an airport hotel but, while I don't know what the others are like, if I needed to stay at Newark again I wouldn't choose here.

Great Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member readbe4ugo

What brilliant value for money when compared to staying in the heart of NY!!! Travelling to NY was easy, we drove to the Staten Island Ferry (free) which took 20 mins, parked for $6 in the security manned car park, rode the ferry across to New York and then purchased the fun pass for unlimited travel on the subway ($7). In total for 3 people $28. The hotel was excellent, very clean and comfortable with lovely bedding and furnishings, it's fairly new and everything is still pristine. The staff were great, especially the guy on the front desk, who patiently gave us the driving directions to everywhere we wanted to go. The breakfast was great too, plentiful and replenished immediately - everything was very fresh with juices, bagels, omelets, cereals, fruit, toast, oats, sausages and waffles etc. We liked the fact that you could get a tea or coffee and cookies any time of day also. The pool/hot tub was closed for maintenance on our first day but lovely to relax in after a day in New York. You are under the flight path for New Jersey airport but you honestly do not hear a lot of noise. Had a great meal in Ruby Tuesday's restaurant next door, would recommend it and the Jersey Garden Outlet Mall was good too. We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time there, would recommend it to everyone, and hope to return soon!!

Near perfect choice

by TripAdvisor Member Jubilado

We stayed at the Country Inn by Carlson on both ends of our trip to Europe and couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. We found the front desk staff and the shuttle drivers to be very helpful. One shuttle driver really bailed us out. The rooms were clean and the breakfast "spread" was better than good. If you need to kill time waiting for a flight, the Jersey Garden Outlet Mall across the street is huge. Like all airport hotels in the area it is easy to get to New York by the shuttle to the Airport Air Train, and the Air Train to the Airport NJ Transit/Amtrack train station. You end up at Penn Station.

Excellent experience

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to attend a conference in Manhattan, and it turned out to be a really pleasant experience. The hotel was very clean. The room was very large and really nice, and the staff friendly (when I checked-out, I could leave my luggage in the hotel’s storage room for a few hours). The free breakfast offered many food choices, and the free in-room high-speed internet was a great feature.
The hotel is about 10 minutes away by shuttle from the Newark Liberty International airport. The complimentary airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes from the hotel. The Jersey Gardens Mall is 0.5 mile away from the hotel (across the street is the mall’s parking lot). The distance to New York City (if you don’t have a car) is a factor to consider. It took me some 60-90 minutes to go to New York City in the morning (depending on what the destination was): I used the hotel shuttle to go to the P4 parking lot of the airport (10 minutes, free), I took the Airtrain to go to Terminal A (10 minutes, free), I rode the New Jersey Transit bus 62 from Terminal A to Newark Penn Station (20 minutes, $1.25), and then the PATH subway from the Penn Station to World Trade Center (20 minutes, $1.50). I read on the internet that some people have found the bus 62 unsafe, but I did not have any problems, and I would use it again. The return to the hotel was much more direct: I used the New Jersey Transit bus 111 (or 115) from the New York Bus Terminal (41nd /8th streets) to the Jersey Gardens Mall (35 minutes, $4.75). The earliest bus (115) departs from the New Jersey Gardens Mall at 9 AM, in case you want to use it to go to New York City. The Jersey Gardens Mall has a decent food court. I will definitely stay again at this hotel next time I visit New York City.

Pretty Bad

by TripAdvisor Member CaitlinRadick

While the hotel seemed new and reasonably clean, the location was less than ideal for NYC goers. The biggest problem, however, was the hotel's admission of a "typo" in their individual guest directories, which promised "adult time" in the pool from 11 p.m. until 2 a.m. When we found the pool closed shortly after eleven, the front desk explained that said "adult time" never existed, despite the reference in the pool rules. Furthermore, the desk staff was rude in this explanation.

Last time I checked, "typos" referred to misspelled words, etc. It should not be used to reference made-up rules which are given to the occupants of all rooms in such a way that they may plan around the guidelines.

The experience was extremely disappointing.

Great park and fly for EWR

by TripAdvisor Member denssharon

We did a park and fly. What a nice hotel. They contacted us that the pool area would be closed for improvements and gave us a jacuzzi room at no extra charge which was wonderful after a bumpy flight from Paris, France. The breakfast was great fresh belgian waffles, cereal, donuts, fresh fruit etc. The Ladies at the front desk were very friendly and nice. The hotel is modern and clean. We would defintely stay here again.

mixed bag

by TripAdvisor Member newface

Huge room, Great price, Free breakfast, friendly service, however, spotty shuttle, out of your way location, if no car, ur dependent on shuttle and airport to get around.

Comments