Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast

967 Route 517, Glenwood, New Jersey, 07418, United States

More about Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast

Best Breakfast Ever!

We had off from work Sunday and today, so we decided to do something nice for Mother's Day - we went up to a Bed and Breakfast in Glenwood, NJ.

After a short 1 hour and 40 minute drive (we live in South Long Island), we pulled up to an idyllic spot, the Apple Valley Inn ([--]). We were greeted by the owners of the inn, Lauren and Leigh, and were immediately shown to our room, which was gorgeous and had its own fully functional fireplace!

The house is incredible - built in 1831 (but newly renovated), has a bunch of rooms, including a lounge to relax in, and (of course) the beautiful dining room.

After dropping our stuff off at the room, we headed out to explore the surrounding area. The inn actually is on the border of Northern NJ and NY State - so we headed up back into NY. We went through a lovely town called Warwick and stopped for lunch.
After lunch and a walk around town, we headed to an artsy village called Sugar Loaf. We bought a few things here and headed back towards the inn.
On the way back, we saw the sign for the Applachian Trail...so we decided to stop and go for a walk.

Afterwards, we headed back to the inn (which is literally 5 minutes away from the trail) to relax for a bit, then went out for dinner - at a pub in Warwick. They were super nice and even gave Angela a Mother's(-to-be) Day Rose!

After dinner, we had a little walk around the beautiful property surrounding the inn. After 10 minutes of that, I think Angela (and baby) could walk no longer, so we headed back to the room to settle in and watch TV (we had the option of several DVD's provided by the inn, but had a few new TV shows to watch!) and drifted to sleep.

We woke up this morning to the smell of bacon cooking. I cannot describe to you how GOOD that was! We went in to breakfast - OJ, strawberries, fresh homemade banana nut pancakes, bacon, banana muffins and lemon-poppy cake. I swear to you, it was the best breakfast I have ever eaten (Angela agrees heartily!). It was EXTREMELY hard for me to decline a second helping, even though it was offered several times - I am still around 20 lbs from my weight loss goal after all!! Before we left, we chatted to Lauren and Leigh about the area, being vets, and their cat Calvin. Our picture was taken (below), and we were VERY sad to leave. It felt like we had made friends as well as had a relaxing day away from home.

So, despite getting stuck at the George Washington Bridge for an hour in traffic, it was still an incredible day away. We fell in love with the area - there were farms (including cows, sheep, alpacas and horses that came right up to the roadside), hills, wineries and tiny villages everywhere. It felt like the UK...felt like home. All being well, we hope to move up there in the next few years or so. In the meantime, however, we shall return to the inn when we can...hopefully sooner rather than later!

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member WILDJersey

My partner and I spent three nights at the Apple Valley Inn, and had a wonderful time. The hosts, Lauren and Leigh, were extraordinarily attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. The inn is beautiful, quiet, and very clean. The surrounding gardens and a creek that runs through the property tempted us to spend our days just relaxing on the porch at the inn. Lauren and Leigh provided a choice of DVD's to watch in our room in the evenings, and went out of their way to make us breakfast early on our last morning, as we had to leave before their regular breakfast service. And what breakfasts! We've never eaten so well - everything was delicious. We would absolutely stay here again.

Apple Valley Inn B&B

by TripAdvisor Member njtf

The Apple Valley Inn B&B is a wonderfully quiet and beautiful place to stay. The innkeepers, Leigh and Lauren are the BEST hosts and serve a delicious breakfast. This is a terrific place to stay!
Lisa S
Jackson, NJ

Apple Vally Inn is a Jewel

My wife and I celebrated our 27th anniversary after last minute plans affored us the opportunity to stay at the Apple Vally Inn. The hosts were gracious, attentive, and cabable. We enjoyed every minute and will visit again.

Just a wonderful experience!!!

Just a wonderful experience! Leigh and Lauren take the extra step to provide you with a memorable experience. Our room was comfortable, clean and charming. Special touches like assistance with your luggage, coffee/tea to your room after a long day travelling, DVD player in your room, departing pic for my scrapbook were much appreciated. Breakfast was fantastic and plentiful. My husband and I have stayed in various B & B's, but the Apple Valley Inn stands out amongst the rest. Thank you for a terrific first anniversary, we hope to celebrate future milestones with you! Deb and Eli

A B&B Jem!

The Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast was by far one of the best Inns we've ever stayed at. I only wish we had stayed longer! Nestled in rolling green hills, the location is picturesque, and the inn itself is just stunning. Our room was warm, comfortable and beautifully decorated and the common areas were equally cozy and charming. The full-course country breakfast was absolutely mouth-watering--and plentiful, and the Candy Apple gift shop is also not to be missed. Inn-keepers, Lauren and Leigh, were without exaggeration, the kindest and friendliest hosts we've ever had. They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay and their restaurant and activity recommendations were right on. If you're looking for a relaxing, cozy and authenric country B&B experience, this is a jem.

Perfect First Experience at a B&B

This was our first time at a Bed & Breakfast and Lauren and Leigh did an outstanding job making us feel at home. They both greeted us when we first arrived, showed us to our beautiful room (the Cameo Room) and then gave us a tour. Our room was so comfortable. The bed was amazing and the decor was very pretty too. The grounds were breathtaking and the breakfasts were perfect. The first morning we had Fruit, Blueberry Muffins, and Banana & Walnut Pancakes. The second morning we had Fruit, Banana Muffins, and French Toast, Scrambled Eggs & Sausage Links. They always offered us seconds even though one serving was more than enough. They made me hot chocolate and served it with a side of mini marshmallows and my husband loved the coffee. Lauren and Leigh were always there to give us great recommendations for dinner and local events. We went to a couple of Italian restaurants nearby, Silvio's Italian Villa in Warwick, NY (great) and Rigatony's in Vernon, NJ (amazing, we will return just for this alone, more food and less money). While in the area, we stopped by Space Farms Zoo and Museum, that was a nice way to spend a few hours. Went to the Drive In Movie Theater in Warwick, NY. A really nice experience. We also spent a half day at Mountain Creek Water Park, very fun but be prepared to be sore the next day.
Overall, an amazing weekend getaway and a perfect first experience at a Bed and Breakfast. We'll definitely try other B&Bs and maybe even return to Apple Valley Inn.
Oh yeah, and we brought home a pound of chocolates from the Candy Apple Store at the Apple Valley Inn. Amazing!

love was in the air

From the monent we arrived, we fellt like members of the family. A beautiful room awaited us. A stroll in the gardens along with a vist from Calvin the cat and Lauren's two dogs. The Inn is a definte must stay and everyone and we are looking forward to many more visits.
Lauren and Leigh

Pat Barscz and Jell Arthur

Exceeded our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member uncleray

We were just looking for a relaxing place to stay and use as our base for exploring the area. Upon arrival, our first impression was "I think we are going to like this place". After meeting with the owners, we could see that they were interrested in our comfort and meeting our needs. Throuout our 2 day stay, they made sure they were available and accomodating to all our requests. We enjoyed the grounds and veranda as well. I especially enjoyed sitting out at night with a drink and listening to all the night sounds. The babbling brook, the serenade of frogs, the wispering wind through the trees. We could not believe we decompressed so much in only 2 days. I love this place! We loved meeting and getting to know Lauren and Leigh also. The Apple Valley Inn and Keepers - Perrrrfect Together.

Ideal

by TripAdvisor Member let'sgob&b

If you're looking for an ideal historic B & B, this is it. The house itself and the setting are utterly beautiful and peaceful. Every little item in the house has been carefully chosen and placed. The hostesses could not be friendlier, and the breakfast is divine. If we had wedding plans, this would be the place.
Naomi and Marty - 8/9/06