3 Wild Turkey Way, Hamburg, New Jersey, 07419, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Grand Cascades Lodge

Amazing Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member LivingstonHopscotch

A romantic 40th Anniversary Surprise -- and here we are just forty-five miles from home! What absolute perfection at Grand Cascades Lodge in outstanding accommodations, breathtaking views and the most amazing food. Our only regret was that we only had time for a one night stay! We were amazed at the ambience of the hotel and the beauty of its gardens and architecture. Looking forward to a return visit when we will definitely try the award-winning Latour retaurant. My husband is looking forward to a day of golf at Crystal Springs and I shall book a day at the Spa. Grand Cascades Lodge has defintely brought a touch of romantic elegance close to home.

welcome to Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member lisa040

Just came back from the Grand cascades Lodge for an anniversary weekend. We can't say enough about the hotel.
From the moment you enter you are transported to another world.
It's hard to believe you're only an hour outside of NYC. Everything was great. The rooms were beautiful, Starbucks coffee maker in the room, Indoor pool that is beautifully landscaped and views of the mountains from every direction.The restaurants are delicious as well. We ate at Latour and had a great (funny) french waiter. He was charming.If you are into wines you will be amazed. Check Zagat's! We golf, and the course was amazing as well. We played Crystal springs and it is really special. The caddys wear knickers like in Scotland. This hotel is truly the best kept secret in NJ. and I'm not sure why. Goooooooooooooo!

Luxurious Getaway--and What a View!

by TripAdvisor Member jen59

I had the good fortune to spend a night at Grand Cascades Lodge, and sampled the Mineral Resort spa services as well. What a treat! The staff was warm and eager to please. My suite was spacious and well appointed--extremely comfortable. Among the amenities were a full kitchen, washer/dryer, two flat-screen televisions, lovely private terrace, and what looked like a whirlpool bath (I didn't have a chance to try it out, unfortunately).

The Tavern restaurant provided delicious meals, with generous portions. The wait staff was very good overall, and concerned with my satisfaction at every turn.

My group also used the Lodge's conference facilities, which were comfortable, convenient and well maintained.

I took advantage of the shuttle service to the nearby spa, where I was further pampered by the hospitable and professional staff. I had a terrific massage.

I would absolutely recommend the Grand Cascade Lodge for business travelers, as well as those looking for a place to get away from the hustle-bustle of everyday life.

Experience A World Class Golf and Spa Resort 1 Hour From NYC

by TripAdvisor Member Scottfadynich

My family and I needed a much deserved get away after my 16 year old son finished school early this June. Being avid golfers we chose the excellent offering of this Northern New Jersey Resort. We went for golf, but the overall experience eclipsed our expectations. I am now looking forward to our net visit.

At check in we were greeted with a refreshing cup of herbal iced tea, and a smile from the girls behind the desk. Walking into the lobby transformed our mindset fro New Jersey to Colorado, however our drive was just approximately 1 hour from Manhattan. You could just feel the stress drop off you shoulders as we walked in the Grand entrance.

The drive up to the resort was impressive, sitting atop of one of the surrounding mountains of this long time resort area, but what a change from years ago. The expansive wave like mountain top lodge is surrounded with meticulous grounds, where amenities are cut into the landscape. The night time 18-hole putting course, where balls are illuminated, bordered by a trickling brook and night croaking frogs. Near the front entrance is also a huge lawn for croquet, bringing back memories of my youth. The fun was just beginning as I would soon find out.

The accommodations can not be described as just a room; it was a small house, with all the comforts of home and more. The 3 of us settled into a two bedroom efficiency suite, the main room was a sitting area with a gas fireplace, pullout sofa and arm chair, dining table, and a kitchen that you could cook for a family of 6 quite easily. The granite countertops and stainless steel appliances will just go a short way to tell the tale of luxury we were surrounded with. Flat screens and ipod docks supplied more than enough entertainment throughout the unit, but who stay indoors in June? So if you are going to stay close to the room for breakfast, lunch or dinner, take it to the dining table on the balcony over looking the beautiful grounds. I suggest asking for a view of the valley and Wild Turkey Golf Course, it is spectacular.

Dining supplies top choices as well, right on the premises. The formal over the top dining experience is found at LaTour, which not only has a wonderful tasting menu, but also the best wine cellar in the area, Leave the little ones behind for this top-rated restaurant. The tavern will accommodate all other eating needs in a much more casual family friendly environment. Food is good all around, but make sure you make reservation for LaTour and bring slacks on weekend visits. The concierge in the lobby will be happy to help with offsite restaurants as well.

The rest is Golf, Golf, and more Golf, on one of the world class course available surrounding this great resort. Take your pick; Ballyowen, Wild Turkey, Black Bear, Cascades Golf Course, Crystal Springs, Great Gorge Country Club, or Minerals Family Golf Center…. This is a top notch golf operation.

Did you say where is the Spa? They will have two in full swing buy July was told, however at the sister Hotel and complex at Crystal Springs, reflections has all that you would need. There is a full indoor out door pool and gym, along with Reflections to pamper even the most stress of us… Just kick back and relax. Opening soon right at the Grand Cascade, will be a new state of the art spa, which we can not wait to try out. Not only that they have a Eco Biosphere pool which will blow your mind, and your children will love the slide and rock formations. This is set up for year round use, but there are also terraced outdoor pools.

So needless to say they is enough luxury and recreation, wrapped around the relaxation of the spa in the mountains to take you miles away in your mind, yet is just 1 hour outside of Manhattan. I recommend this for all, my highest rating for this place. Not sine the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City have I seen this type of Luxury in the Garden State, and it about time!

Nice but not luxury

by TripAdvisor Member nycthing

This is a very nice place but definitely not luxury. I work in the hotel business and this reminds me of the guy who runs Holiday Inns and decides to open a luxury hotel - builds a nice place but falls short as they are used to doing things on the cheap.

The positives:

- Rooms - nice big suite with a fireplace and golf course view. Kitchenette in room is nice and bathrooms are oversized.

- Golf Courses - six or seven courses to choose and most are quite nice.

- Amenities - spas, pools and bars give plenty of options.

Negatives:

- bars and restaurants close at 10pm. There is no food to be had after 10pm - unfortunately I arrived at 11pm Friday night thinking we could enjoy a light snack and drink in the Tavern described in the website. Front desk informed me it was closed and the only choice was Domino's!

FYI - AAA & Mobil both require 24-hour room service for four star hotels. Thus, this is immediately considered 3-star accomodations. Besides, who heard of a Tavern closing at 10pm??

- Restaurants - LaTour is their fine dining restaurant and the menu and wine cellar are impressive. The room is not impressive and service is earnest but weak. The servers didn't know the menu very well and need training although they had a good attitude.

The room feels more like a function room than a high end restaurant. We were directed to an elevator to the restaurant and I honestly thought is was the service elevator. The website claims the restaurant is comparable to a Manhattan restaurant - menu and wine can compare but the rest of the missing pieces would doom it to failure in the demanding Manhattan arena.

- Spa - the Grand Cascades spa wasn't open yet but the folks take you down to the Mineral Springs spa. My girlfriend loved the spa and claimed it was quite nice (although she was glad we didn't stay at that resort which is dedicated to families with young children - all others stay away).

- Resort set-up - I am used to self-contained resorts in the Southwest. You leave the "resort" and drive thru the town to get to the golf courses and other destinations. Not a big negative but doesn't help their image.

- Wine list - wine cellar for LaTour is impressive but I wish they would improve the wines by the glass at the other bars/restaurants.

OVERALL - I liked it but I don't think that I would go out of my way to return. I paid about $400 a night to stay here and didn't feel like I received value. One thing to consider on their behalf, there are few equal choices - as mentioned above, I am used to golf/spa resorts in the west and southwest where there are so many choices the competition drives improved product. There are very few quality choices in the northeast and in that limited competition they do stand out with a strong product as they offer so much.

That said, I wouldn't spend that kind of money again and would rather travel further for a better product. If I saw a cheaper rate, I would consider going back - in particular, I think it is a good choice for a golf weekend with the guys where the quality issues don't matter except for a good choice of golf courses.

We loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member AneNewJersey

We just left the resort today so I wanted to let everyone know in the NYC area know that an upscale resort is not to far away!

The room was huge and very clean! We are a family of four so the 1 bedroom suite worked for us. The bed had fabulous linens and was very comfortable.

The kitchen was well stocked with everything you need if you want to cook in your room.

The biosphere pool was beautiful. Its basically like a rainforest surrounding a pool. Our kids loved it! They also have a little garden in the back with various herbs and veggies being grown.

They have a very nice outdoor game area with a pool table, fussball and ping pong overlooking the pools (they light up at night in different colors!)

Food wise my husband and I ate at Latour restaurant. Bruno and Susanna were great. The food was delicious and yes it was very upscale Manhattan with the prices to match. The wines were fantastic. Another cool feature is that at their sister resort Minerals (there is a shuttle service) they have a program called Kidkraze where you can basically take your kids from 5-8, cost is $10 and they will be entertained and fed a boxed dinner(they had pizza). Our kids loved it and wanted to go back the next night.

Outside of the property we went for a hike on the easy Appalachian trail, drove to Warwick, ate ice-cream at the Bellvale Creamary, went to the Bobolink Cheese /Diary farm. Basically lots of stuff to do if you want to do some exploring.

This is definitely the best resort we have stayed in the NJ/ Pennsylvania area. We have rented summer homes in the Hamptons and we travel to Europe every summer so if you take your family here you won't be disappointed.

Grand Cascades is Grande

by TripAdvisor Member NYSpaGirl

Great accommodations, great location, great scenery! This resort is close enough to NY for a quick escape, but far enough away so you can actually leave your cares behind. The location is ideal as we live in the NY Metropolitan area and each of us could be home within 90 minutes.

Enjoyed being able to sit on the balcony and look up and see nothing but nature in her splendor! It has a spa which is scheduled to open later this year.

Stayed here for "Girls Weekend" and it did not matter to us that we had to use the Elements Spa at its sister property, Crystal Springs. The spa at Crystal Springs was great! Grand Cascades provided complimentary shuttle service to and from Crystal which is a three minute drive away.

Cannot wait to come back to enjoy the amenities at Reflections, the spa on Grand Cascade property which is scheduled to open later this year.

Also enjoyed the pool and restaurants. The staff was very pleasant and attentive to our needs. On the drive home, we decided this is our new spa retreat of choice for our quick getaways.

A Huge Slice of Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member joneal

My husband, daughter and I had the good fortune to stay at the Grand Cascades after a wonderful all day 4th of July celebration with friends - while we were only there for one night, we give this resort a 5 star rating - superb comfort, service, amenities, views etc.

The unit we stayed in had a full-service kitchen, living room with pull out couch and huge flat screen tv, washer dryer and a fabulous patio will beautiful views of the mountains. A lovely master bedroom (very comfy bed) with another huge tv and large closet was a dream to sleep in.

The bathroom was bigger than our condo with an amazing jacuzzi bathtub, the fluffiest towels ever etc.

The Biosphere pool is ideal for families - it transitions from indoors (with slide, hot tub) to outdoors with grottos and lots of cascading water - there is a full service snack bar/bar that will deliver anything you want to your lounge chair while you relax in luxury.....we had a fabulous buffet breakfast and then sadly had to leave without sampling, golf, the spa and many other features ...we hope to go back as soon as possible - as we live in Fairfield county this is one of the best places we have gone for a very reasonable price ...We highly recommend you go!

Enjoy! Janet O'Neal

Great Girls weekend

by TripAdvisor Member sma96

We just came back from a Girls weekend-- Bacholorette party. There were 10 women and we had 2 - 2bed room suites with decks and fireplaces.

The hotel was fabulous. We arrived early and they still did there best to check us in..however there had been some confusion with the exact room we reserved but the Manager quickly fixed the problem.

We brought in all of our food for dinner and breakfast since we had such a large party and full kitchens. The rooms were awesome and perfectly decorated. The Staff couldn't do enough to help us. The bell hops were great and had to keep up with lots of women with lots of stuff rolling in for about 3 hrs.

The biosphere pool was incredible- but the slide wasn't open- this was a huge dissappointment since I came up in April to tour the property and they told me the pool was opening the next day. So I would assume the slide would be open. Unfortunately they said they still needed a permit. The other thing to be aware of if you take the elevator to the pool its a long walk and still a huge flight of stairs down to the pool. Looked like there might be some special elevator at the large stair case but probably needed some keys. There is another pool near the golf course we walked over and it has the infinity appearance. I didn't know about until the bell hop told us which was very helpful.

Just a note the bell hops don't come on till 3pm - and they offer valet service. Since we checked in early we didn't know about that..which was no big deal..but the parking is under ground and not labeled at all except a door that opens up under the building.

We used the Elements spa and took the shuttle which was super easy and a pleasure. Elements was very accomadating to our large group and services were excellent. I even felt the prices were really modest compared to some other prices I have seen in NYC.

We used the pool all day at minerals and had lunch at Kites. The pool at minerals was typical crowded and packed with Kids. Which was just a problem because they kept running and jumping but Security quickly stopped them. The bar service could have been a little faster but it was better then having to get out of the pool and get a drink.

One strange thing that was a bummer at Kites they couldn't make a frozen drink. But offered to go down to the pool bar but noted that it would take a really long time. It was just strange since we were outside and they were serving the same drinks only a few feet away. But if that was my biggest complaint so be it.

Overally the place is absolutely beautiful and really an eye opener
I cannot wait to go back- my only mistake was that I didn't plan a 3 nite getaway instead of 2. Hope you have a great time!

Overpriced Lobster

by TripAdvisor Member ConcernedTraveler21

We recently played golf at the Ballyowen Golf Course and stayed at the Grande Cascades Lodge.
Here is a synopsis of the trip:

-Getting to the golf course was tricky because there were very limited signs.
-We signed up for the "Golf and Stay Package'; however, the pro shop charge us full price for the round after we indicated that we were staying at the hotel. We had to have the charges reversed and pay along with the hotel bill once we checked in.
-There was a $4.37 surcharge per person above the $120 per person green fees/cart fees. We are surmising this is a charge for gas. Unbelievable!!!!
-The hotel is normally @ $400 per night w/ tax. We availed ourselves to the $50 coupon upon booking.
-The room was gorgeous; however, the big screen TV in the living room did not work. There was not sufficient TP and Tissues. We had to request additionally supplies from room service.
-We booked an additionally tee time that afternoon @ 5:00 for the next morning @ 10:00. Unfortunately, the next morning I was suffering from a nagging back issue. We tried to cancel and were informed that we would be charged $95 per person ($190)
for not cancelling 48 hours in advance. We spent three hours trying to reverse the charges. The charges were finally reversed.
-We booked the tee time late the day before. There was a very good chance that tee time would not be filled and we were only a twosome.
-Overall, we were completely discouraged the way management handled the cancelling of the tee time. They didn't even offer a credit to be used on a different date.
-Bottom line: We were at the resort for less than 24 hours and spent almost $1,000 and got treated like dirt.
Good luck....You lost our business.

Comments