225 River Street, Hoboken, New Jersey, 07030, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about W Hoboken

UInacceptable behavior by the staff of the W Hoboken

by TripAdvisor Member Unimpressed2000

Horrible staff and inexcuseable behavior by them. I will not spend another dime at that place! Never again! Fire the nightclub staff and start over or this place should close its doors immediately!! Overpriced staff with one excuse after another. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and save yourself from a ruined night.

Met my expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member jezza831

My husband & I had a one night get-away, from our kids, at this hotel on a Friday night. 4 yrs ago we moved from Hoboken to the Jersey Shore & we miss Hoboken very much. We are so happy that the W finally opened. They completely met our expectations. The front desk staff were very polite and accomodating. The rooms were totally comfortable! We look forward to many more get-aways at W Hoboken

Great View

by TripAdvisor Member vamary

I stayed at the W Hoboken on Memorial Day Weekend 2009 for one night. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The room had a view of New York and a very large round chair in front of the window. The chair spun to face the window and was an excellent spot to sit and gaze at the views. The PATH train station was just a few blocks away, so it was an easy trip into New York City.

Great location - cool Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member HotHospitality

W Hoboken was a great place to stay for a night. I wish I wasn't on business as the Living Room and Chandelier Bar was buzzing so it would have been great to experience them!

The Hotel is very impressive - modern, chic and cool - what you would expect from a typical W. Its not cosy and its not elaborate but it has just enough to not feel stark and museum like. The W Shop in the lobby is fantastic but pricey but they had a lovely mix of accessories and clothes NY style. I almost bought a Marc Jacobs watch!

The room was lovely. I was in a Spectacular Room as its called which was spacious. It was very well laid out - large TV, gorgeous views overlooking NY Manhattan Skyline as I was on the 16th floor and the bed was very very comfortable. You could sit in the round sofa for hours and just stare out. Or you could watch the Entourage Channel - only Entourage - yes they had this too. Amazing!

The 'mini bar' is always great and creative at W hotels and this one was no acception plus all amenities were by BLISS Spa - heavenly Lemon & Sage Soap. Soft plush towels in the bathroom made for enjoyable bath time. And little things like 'Step Here' on a bath mat or Good Morning Mats in the lifts which change to Good Afternoon Mats in the afternoon made it special.

The only thing I didn't like was they didn't have slippers. I'm a slipper addict, i collect them, love them. First thing I do is put on a robe and the slippers so didn't like that they didn't have slippers. But needless to say all was made up for by the soft bath mats and bath robe.

The restaurant was nice - my G&T was extremely strong for a midday drink - but the pancakes were delish as the coffee.

Overall, a great place to stay on the weekend - close to Washington Street for all shops, bars and restaurants and close to train that takes you into Manhattan in 20 mins.

Nice people and a great hotel in a fun town

by TripAdvisor Member 1NJ_Traveler

My wife and I stayed at the Hoboken W for a night away from the kids and we had a great time.

The valet and front desk staff were really friendly and started us off on the right foot. Everything about the room was upscale and clean, and the view was amazing. We later asked the conceirge for some help and she was very friendly and super helpful.

We will definitely go back the next time we need a fun night out!

Exceeded expectations in every way

by TripAdvisor Member stevenap2000

Had a one night get away at the W. Beautiful hotel; awesome room; great service; unbelievable views of Manhattan. Gread value as compared with Manhattan. Restaurants and bar pricey (as I expected) and parking charge is a little ridiculous but worth a trip. Will definately be back.

Aesthetically pleasing

by TripAdvisor Member natalie211

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 7/31/09-8/3/09. While the hotel itself was very nice, the overall impression we got was that this was a hotel for only the wealthy. I really liked the hotel but I really felt like we did not fit in. The room was nice and the view was wonderful.

Upon check in we were told that we were going to be placed in a smoking room, I explained that we requested a non smoking room. The young lady gladly changed our room, but we were given one with a queen bed and not a king like we asked for at the time we made our reservation. Once in the room I read the hotel handbook and noticed that cleaning service was done everyday "automatically", so we were never able to sleep in, even with hanging the "come back later" sign on the door the maids still knocked until we got up to answer the door. Another put off was that every thing in the room was for sale, books laying on a table had a price tag underneath, it was a bit tacky. Everything had a charge, in the the business center you had to first swipe your credit card, the copier even had a credit card swipe on it. It was ridiculous. even cheaper hotels like Marriott offer free use of the business center. Parking at the hotel was over priced at $35.00 a day.

Skyline views make for a wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member enilk3

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. We were in a fantastic suite which included two bathrooms, a private balcony, and a large living room area. The room was decorated more simply and classically as opposed to the typical "W-style" of being more trendy and funky. The skyline views are incredible and we really liked having a balcony. Unfortunately there were no chairs provided on the balcony which would have been nice to have to sit out there. The rooms don't have free wi-fi, but the lobby does.

We had read that parking was expensive ($35/night) so we instead parked at Seacacus train station for a rate of $10/night and took the NJ Transit train (12-minute ride) to Hoboken. The hotel is conveniently located a few minutes walk from the NJ Transit & Path stations. It is two blocks from Washington Street which has tons of restaurants and bars. We went to the hotel bar/club, The Chandelier Room, and although drinks were pricey ($15 for cocktails) the DJ was great and it was a fun scene.

The staff treated us incredibly well and happily responded to all our requests--from helping us with the dvd player in the room to bringing up extra silverware. Would recommend to anyone who wants great views and a more relaxed setting than a NYC hotel.

Nice hotel but beware of customer service

by TripAdvisor Member shopaholic84

Hotel is brand new and they still did not get the kinks out. When I checked in, I was informed by reception that my stays qualified for a special W promotion. I later find out that my stay did not qualify.
I think it is amusing that at check-in the W always asks "What is your wish?" My wish is that a W and Starwood employee can give me the correct details about a special promotion/offer so that I am not wasting a lot of time (2 hours) and energy finding out that my stays do not qualify!
So while the hotel is aesthetically pleasing, the customer service is not what you expect to receive from a luxury brand. I would expect this error to come from a Sheraton or Four Points, not from a W that charges well above $250/night. I didn't spend that much to stay at a "pretty" hotel!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tyekiara

Great hotel. We had a beautiful view of New York and the water. Room service was great, beautiful hotel. Had litle shops, resturant, and nightclub.

Comments