A Shore View

505 E 4th Avenue, North Wildwood, New Jersey, 08260, United States

Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• nice room at the shore

we have stayed at this hotel for the past 10+ years. It is clean, comfy, and close to the beach. Pool is always clean, and people here are "regular joe's"..Very nice, hospitable and seem to be having a blast. Most say they have also "stayed here for years".

This hotel is NOT a Ritz-Carlton, but, none of the wildwood hotels are...It is a basic room at the shore, and at a fair price. There are no bugs, no filth and no problems. Never have been, and honestly, it seems to get a bit of upgrades every year. Elevator is new this year, game room last season..pool deck and chairs 3 years ago...etc. etc.

Go to Ricks Seafood for the best seafood ever-about 1 mile away...Hope I've helped...

Unique Quality: pool is clean, view is nice, beach is CLOSE!!!

Directions: 4th and ocean in north wildwood

• A great beach location

Only steps to the beach and clsoe to all the activities surrounding North Wildwood and the Historic Herford Lighthouse area, as well as the Wildwoods. The boardwalk was just rated the 10th best in the country(National Geographic) and this location is a perfect choice, not to close, not too far from it all. Has a great pool and deck with views of the Atlantic Ocean. On-site management works hard to accommodate. Many families and friendly people made our stay worth the trip.

Unique Quality: New elevator and daily maid service made the stay enjoyable. Room was clean and up-to-date and provided great views from any part of the building. On-site laundry and a community room makes for a comfortable stay.

Directions: Beach-Block location near the Historic Herford Lighthouse

Travel Tips for North Wildwood

Walk along the seawall, known...

by richiecdisc

Walk along the seawall, known as the rocks, past the lighthouse. This walk can be extended into a lovely beach stroll too. North Wildwood came up with some ideas to lengthen the summer season and one of the most successful has been the Irish Festival, a weekend showcasing Irish culture in song, dance, food, and drink. They block off the busiest club section of town and set up tents with live bands and food and beer vendors. It’s a three-day party that finds the streets full of fun seekers enjoying a last hurrah of summer. An added bonus is they let you walk the streets while drinking and you can go from one pub to the next carrying your beer from the previous place. Last year, we decided to use a friend’s place that is essentially right at the festival as headquarters and bought a keg and made up some Jell-o shots. We nearly finished the keg by four in the afternoon and decided to head over to Echo’s, a club that plays Motown and other dance classics. We’d done the Irish music thing many times and thought it might be nice for a change, at least for a short time. I crammed a few of the Jell-o things in my pockets, filled my beer and headed over. It was early but it was already packed and we were lucky to get a spot next to the dance floor. Fueled by ample beer and numerous Jell-0 shots, we were making our presence known with loud raucous behavior. There was a group of girls dancing right in front of us and my buddy kept saying that one of them was really checking me out. Of course he always does this to me, and me being the shy guy I am, rarely does much about it, but this time would be different. I had already noticed her roving eyes and she was checking me out and was really cute to boot. I walked up and started dancing with her for a few songs until someone cut in on us. I went back to my comrades but she kept motioning over as if to say, “come and rescue me from this guy.” So, back I went and we just got wilder from there. First with crazy dancing and finally with brazen kissing and grinding of each other. It got so intense that I heard calls of “get a room!” shouted across the dance floor. We must have been out there for more than an hour. Finally we went to the bar for a drink and she explained that she was just down for the day and had to leave with her friends pretty much immediately. After one last kiss goodbye, she walked off; her devilish eyes meeting my sheepish and disappointed smile in well-timed glances, as I was left with thoughts of what could have been. Ah, I never had much luck with the Irish, but I’d thought for sure this time I’d get lucky at the Irish Festival. ;=>

Happy Just to Dance with You: North Wildwood

by richiecdisc

My good friend jokes that North Wildwood should be renamed South Stone Harbor. This pretty much typifies the image problem of the Wildwoods. Wildwood proper has gone through some rough times and its reputation is one of a blue-collar getaway that is tacky and not on a par with upper crust towns like Cape May, Ocean City, and Stone Harbor. Though blessed with the nicest beach on the Jersey coast, Wildwood is looked down upon by the snob ridden aforementioned towns that plough millions of dollars in sand onto their ever-dwindling beaches yearly as Wildwood’s just keeps growing. For this reason, even the neighboring boroughs of North Wildwood and Wildwood Crest have tended to distance themselves from their black sheep brother. While the Crest has always been the elite member of the group, North Wildwood has made great strides in the last five years with relatively low property values enticing the building of lovely condos and homes bound to escalate in value as the town takes it’s rightful place among the top Jersey shore towns. Close enough to enjoy the Boardwalk and funky air of its neighbor, North Wildwood offers a more tranquil though by no means sedate summer retreat. With rolling dunes, a wide, wild beach, fantastic rock outcroppings, and a picturesque lighthouse, North Wildwood just might surprise you. And yes, it’s in New Jersey.

Comments