Doubletree Hotel Princeton

4355 Rt 1 at Ridge Rd, (formerly Premiere Hotel), Princeton, New Jersey, 08540, United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• The Radisson

Was only in the lobby, but seemed to be a very nice hotel. However, like most places in the area, I think it's a bit costly. Additionally, unless you have a car or are willing to take a taxi, you'll be quite some distance from Princeton or really much of interest in the region.

More about Doubletree Hotel Princeton

Excellence in Price and Comfort

by TripAdvisor Member CutAbove

We had to make an emergency stop when our baby became ill. I booked the hotel with online bidding and received an amazing deal. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and the decor was elegant. I didn't have time to enjoy the amenities because it was a one night stay, but this is definitely a 3 to 3.5 (out of 5 star) hotel. You will not be disappointed.

by TripAdvisor Member laughinglady

After an absolutely horrible drive that took four hours longer than anticipated (due to being rear-ended on the interstate) we were grateful for the friendly and accommodating staff of Doubletree who went out of their way to make us feel at home. We stayed for six nights while our son attended football daycamp so having a good base camp was very important. What can I say - the hotel was impeccably clean, the staff friendly and personable, the amenities excellent: lovely rooms with the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept on and soundproof walls; nice-sized pool that is very clean; fully-equipped fitness room; delicious restaurant (amazing grilled salmon); front desk staff that printed out directions to anywhere you needed to go on handy little cards; and a shuttle bus to take you to local attractions (a big deal if you want to avoid the sometimes psychotic Jersey drivers). And the extra little touches such as warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in and tubes of sunscreen included as part of the washroom supplies made the stay extra special.

Great work Doubletree, we will return the karma by recommending you highly.

Great stay! Great room! Very reasonable price!

by TripAdvisor Member CRRNaperville_IL

We stayed six nights at the Double Tree in Princeton and found the staff and facilities to be excellent. We prepaid the room (for which we got a significant discount), and when we went to check-in everything was already done -- check-in took less than 1 minute. Check-out was equally easy. Our room was very clean including the bathroom; great water pressure and amenities. We were able to easily access the internet in the business center. When one of the computers didn't work, one of the staff promptly fixed the problem. My only regret was that the king size bed was very difficult to get out of in the morning -- it may have bee TOO comfortable! Thanks for the great "home away from home!"

Nice rooms and frendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member Gairy

The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My wife first impression when she saw the hotel from the outside was not a good one, however on entering the room she was very pleased.

Clean, relaxing environment with friendly, flexible staff

by TripAdvisor Member GRobertNM

My king, 2 room suite was very nice. Fitness center and pool were exceptionally clean and well equipped. The staff was very willing to accommodate last minute needs of the event I was attending. The location is a little far from the center of town so that walking to anything is out. Would grade the meals as "B"

Very enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member bassman62

I generally stay at this hotel when I am visiting in Princeton. This hotel has gone through several owners, but under Doubletree I think they have the balance right now. The room I stayed in has been refurbished to a very nice standard. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it back with me. The room was clean and well appointed, with the only exception being no mini bar. But I rarely use that and they have a fine bar in the restaurant where you can relax and have a drink. The hotel is about 10 minutes outside of Princeton on Rt 1 southbound. However, the hotel has a shuttle service into town or the train station so no worries about getting around.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend it to other travellers.

The stay was as close to perfect as you can get.

by TripAdvisor Member debhim

We were making a trip to tour Princeton University and arrived very late at the hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. The only problem I had was trying to figure out how to turn off the wake-up call, as the phone had two lines and was a little confusing. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member njbabyblue

Stayed at the Doubletree Hotel for my 35th High School Reunion. I arrived before the 3pm arrival time and my room was ready for me. When I arrived I received a Chocolate Chip Cookie at the front desk, which was very nice. When I entered my room, I saw 2 bottles of Poland Spring water, which was a very nice suprise since I was feeling thristy and had something to wash down the cookie.

The king size bed was very comfortable and was able to fall asleep very quickly. My negative comment is changing the sign from Ice & Vending to just Ice and is there anyway that regular tea can be made available in the room instead of the organic.

Extremely comfortable and pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member Marmeebee

Staff friendly, courteous and helpful. Had a coupon for dinner. Everything coordinated smoothly, restaurant was a little pricey, but had wonderful, unique dishes. Bed REALLY comfortable. Would highly recommend!

Comments