102 Carnegie Center, Princeton, New Jersey, 08540-6293, United States
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Princeton

GardensGardens

Small gravestones in a shady cornerSmall gravestones in a shady corner

Date in the masonryDate in the masonry

My mother's first cousin coaching my grandsonMy mother's first cousin coaching my grandson

One week to explore - driving from Princeton to Nashville - where should we go?

by captainmazoo

My husband and I are California residents who have been apart all summer because of work logistics. We will get one week together in late September. He finishes a job in Princeton, New Jersey and starts the next in Nashville a week later. We'll have a rental car (can't fly because of medical problems). We've seen the big cities (New York, D.C., Baltimore) and for this trip we're interested in trying regional foods, meeting local people, and seeing beautiful scenery. We don't mind a lot of driving but don't especially want to do it every day.

We're thinking of making our way down through Virginia and North Carolina, then over to Nashville. I'd love to see Charleston, S.C. but am not sure if that's too far.

Pennsylvania is another possibility.

Any suggestions for an itinerary would be appreciated.

RE: RE: One week to explore - driving from Princeton to Nashville - where should we go?

by Sue08080

Also in NJ = Cape May, on the ocean with lovely Victorian homes, great restaurants, whale watching boats...

Atlantic City, if you like casinos.

As pervious posting mentioned PA...near Longwood Gardens is Chadds Ford's Branywine Museum...full of Wyeth family art. Andrew Wyeth and family live here.

The Amish country is fun, scenic and certainly different.

Philadelphia has lots to offer if big cities interest you.

Travel Tips for Princeton

Einstein's Violin Practice

by grandmaR

Princeton was the home of Einstein who used to practice the violin in his bedroom in the nude (according to an old lady who was his next door neighbor when she was a child.)

My sister said that tourists think that the house next door (photo 4) is Einstein's house because that was the one they used to film a movie when the movie company couldn't rent the actual house.

Are you for Princeton or Yale?

by acemj

On the side of the University Chapel there is a storm drain that has a scowling bulldog carved on it. While Ed and I were walking around, a campus tour guide walked over with a small group and we were listening in when she told the story behind this. I didn't catch everything she was saying, but apparently it was left there as a joke by the architect's main assistant who happened to be a Yale graduate (the Yale mascot is a Bulldog). Not surprisingly, the Yale position is that it's there so that Yale students can rightfully look down on all the Princeton students. The Princeton response to that is simply that the Bulldog is its rightful place . . . right in the gutter.

D&R Canal State Park

by SmileyLeSa

Winter, Summer, Spring, and Fall this is one of my most favorite places to go for long walks. The canal itself 36 miles along a path runs along much of it especially through the Princeton-Kingston corridor.

Eat the best hoagie you've ever had!

by Stizzle

Go to Hoagie Haven at 242 Nassau Street. I know this should techniquely be in the restaurant section, but trust me, this will be a mindblowing experience for you. Order whatever you like, but I personally recommend the eggplant-parm w/ everything. Part of the fun is trying to understand the workers when you order. Everyone I know in Princeton raves about this place, and whenever I see someone from Princeton being interviewed on TV they always seem to mention Hoagie Haven (John Popper of Blues Traveller, and Bebe Neuwirth--Frasier's ex-wife on Frasier). Truly God's food.

There were so many, it was...

by will2710

There were so many, it was hard to choose. Finally hunger got the better of me and I stopped in Olives Deli.
I worked in an Italian deli as a kid, and know my Italian sandwhiches... this one was amazing. Take it with you to the park area in Palmer Square. Grab a bench and enjoy the day. Grilled chicken Italian sandwich

Comments