Princeton Marriott Hotel & Conference Center at Forrestal

100 College Road East, (formerly Doral Forrestal), Princeton, New Jersey, 08540, United States

Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Not pet friendly

We didn't stay here on our trip from Maryland to see our son in Vermont because we had our dog with us and this place wasn't pet friendly.

My aunt was celebrating her 50th anniversary and she had the family to a buffet dinner here. It was raining. All I saw of the hotel was the entrance, lobby and the room where the buffet was.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Charges for Basic Items

My sister arranged for the family to stay here when we were celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary. She wrote:

Built by a Dane to be a conference and retreat center, it’s tucked away in the woods with nature trails, full service spa, pool. Bring bathing suits!

Check in is 3 p.m though your rooms are likely ready earlier. Check out is noon.

She got me a handicapped room so I could use my scooter. The room was very nice and had a small fridge, and a big TV. I didn't get a chance to try the pool

Unique Quality: BUT... and this is a BIG BUT...

1) They tout their marvelous hi-speed wi-fi, but there is a $12.95 charge for using it from noon one day to noon the next day. If you want to use a phone, and a dial up modem, there is still $1.00 charge for that plus time and possible long distance charges. The only way to use the internet without charge is to use their business center. Much less fancy hotels have free wi-fi and free local calls

2) There was a refrigerator, and a little thing to heat water but no free breakfast. Breakfasts ran from $11 to $14. Much less fancy hotels have free breakfasts

3) There was a nice big handicapped accessible shower, but no place in there to sit.

4) The TV was difficult to use as they were pushing the pay-per-view adult movies and games and it was hard to figure out how to get to non-pay TV channels. There was no list of regular channels nor was there any kind of guide to what was on.

5) The "closet" was very narrow and only half length - I guess this was for wheelchair accessibility as hanging up a dress, it would drag on the floor. There was an ironing board and iron in the top half and the suitcase rack was stored in the bottom.

6) The parking was a long way from the hotel entrance.

Directions: Coming from the South, use the church directions to get to Route 1 North. Taking Exit 67 it is about 6.5 miles to College Road East. On College Road East, the Marriott is the second driveway on the right

• Romantic hotel

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times. We have never been disappointed. This hotel has a European feel and the service is excellent. The rooms are standard sized and modern looking. It has a spa where I had the best massage ever! We've had the seafood buffet dinner twice, and it was delicious. Lots of variety, but beware an extra charge if you order the lobster. Pool is indoors and nice, but beware the weekends when sports teams are booked. Pool gets beyond crazy. Grounds are gorgeous in the spring and summer. The hotel is set in a forested area just a little ouside of Princeton (you must drive to Princeton).

Unique Quality: The whole hotel is decorated and lit in a subtle, romantic way. There are a number of nooks and crannies where you can sit and enjoy a drink and feel totally alone. This is a place that allows you to really relax and slow down.

Directions: Off of US Route 1. Watch for signs that say Forrestal Center

• FransM's Profile Photo

Doral Forrestal

I found it quite expensive and the services were not extraordinary. Wireless internet was free (but no coverage in my room). Wired was $ 10
    I'll try something else next time.

Unique Quality: quiet location; there is a pool but I didn't try it.

Directions: Near US1 & doral forrestal campus