201 Village Boulevard, Princeton, New Jersey, 08540, United States

Westin.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

World's Most Comfortable Bed

The only accommodation located in the Forrestal Village, outside of the main town of Princeton, the Westin is a very nice hotel. The brick buildings along the tree-lined streets make this a most enjoyable visual experience when you are out and about the area.

Unique Quality: My room had the most fluffed-up and comfortable bed that I have come across in quite some time (since the Delta Vancouver in 1981 if my memory serves me!). However, for the price, I was not too impressed by their buffet breakfast on my first morning there! Also, this place was not cheap, running at US $232/night including taxes. Photo of the main entrance to the hotel taken from the Village Square.

Directions: Forrestal Village outside Princeton, NJ

More about The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member cheddar007

My wife and I had top service at the Westin Princeton. I would expect nothing less from a Westin. The weekend was a little summer get away, I had not been back to my alma mater in several years.

The front desk was helpful answering questions, the japanese restaurant was perfect after a long day on the road; which ended in the hot tub. Thanks to Wendell, Patty, Marcus, and Oswald.

John Hirt

Could have been a lot better

by TripAdvisor Member Elizabeth23

There were several problems with this hotel.

First, the room was dirty. There were hairs in the bathroom and a large unsightly stain on the bathroom wall. When I contacted the manager after my stay, the manager seemed very unconcerned.

Next, there is NOTHING nearby. No quick cup of coffee. No yogurt or muffin. Nothing. You have to get into the car and go into town, which is a short drive away.

Finally, the other comments about the staff on this site are correct. They were not helpful and rather rude.

There should be better options in Princeton.

Blood on the bed linen

by TripAdvisor Member Jill7394u48

Stayed 2 nights at the Westin Forrestal Village. On the first night, found a spot of blood on one of the bed covers and got totally grossed out.
The rest was not much better, but that little detail tops my list of complaints.
Very good parking and a little shopping area. Good Osh Kosh store.
Excellent parking.
The heavenly bed...ok, comfortable, in spite of the rest...
The heavenly bath... what a joke! I didn't find anything heavenly about that awful old bathroom.
Much too expensive, considering they charged us twice the amount due. We had two connecting rooms and they gave us the total price and at the end said that was the price of each room.
Total jerks and con artists. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Unpleasant experience

by TripAdvisor Member dingdong1

Our recent experience to this property is a big disappointment. We expect some level of services in Westin, but the property and staffs are proven to be under its grading. We spent a weekend night to celebrate our anniversary. The 1st room we got was a small dirty room, which we requested to switch. We then switched to another room which is cleaner and nicer. But this room has problem with the heating/ac unit, so we called to have a technician fix the problem, after he left, the problem got worsen. So we called down to the front desk and asked to switch to another room. A mgr came up and check the problem, he's beening very helpful to look for another room for us and volunteer to get reservation on dinner for us. Overall, I think this hotel is totally over-rated, the rooms are not clean, the bath tubs need some repair jobs, and the staffs (except Martin) are very rude and unfriendly. But I must say the bed is really heavenly, even though I didn't get to stay there too long due to all these strugglings. I would not come back to this hotel, and would not recommend to anyone. As a Starwood preferred guest, I would expect a better service and some level of benefits, I did not experience any of the above, neither a service that a regular customer would expect. The front desk guy also quoted us as a guest who switch rooms many time when we only switched our room once.

2 star experience at 4 star price

by TripAdvisor Member jasparkes

I was disappointed in this hotel and chose it because I had come to expect better from Westin's. This hotel did not live up to the name. The front desk staff could have cared less about us and after our first room had an overpowering stench in it I requested to be moved. We were staying during the week and the hotel was far from full but asking to be moved to a new room seemed to be like asking for the world to be moved. Very unpleasant stay, would not go back there.

You can tell this is a franchised Westin (not corp owned)

by TripAdvisor Member I'mAJetSetter

I've been staying in this hotel regularly due to business, and it's clear to me this is not a corporate owned Westin. While the furnishings are all Westin (lobby, beds, shower head), the rest is all locally-owned hotel investment group. Customer service is inconsistent and housekeeping misses things (multiple rooms with clogged shower drains, missing bathrobes on SPG floors). While things will get fixed (sometimes after multiple asks), they are slow to offer points or compensation (I'm SPG platinum). They do leave a welcome gift for Platinum guests (fresh fruit, two truffles, and a bottle of sparkling water)--a nice touch. Overall, adequate, but misses the mark on the touches.

Ignore the other reviews - I loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member joes267

I booked my trip online because I stay at this brand property all the time. I was more than pleased with everything in the hotel. When you walk into the lobby you smell the new 'signature' scent, nice touch! The room and bathroom were perfect, just as at every other Westin I've stayed at, and YES the Heavenly Bed is worth it. The staff is friendly and helpful and I had no problem at all during my stay, nor with my checkout. I had forgotten about the shops on the complex and they are a nice bonus to staying there....I dont often stay in this area, but wouldnt hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others.

Everything about the stay was perfect.

Nice hotel off a major NJ highway

by TripAdvisor Member christinagnj

Stayed here for one night after a formal event in the ballroom. Hotel lobby & first floor areas were very clean and nice. Was excited to see a sushi bar inside the hotel. The hallways leading to the room from the elevator were plain, cold, dark and not marked very well. I felt like I was in a cheaper hotel from the point of getting out of the elevator to the door of our room. The room itself was fine, but nothing spectacular. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size, but was plain and felt old. The staff were very nice and helpful. This is a good location if you want to be close to Route 1 or 295. This location is approximately 10 minutes from Princeton University. If you reserve here, keep in mind there is NOTHING (and I mean NOTHING) to do here. You will need to drive to get anywhere to do anything.

Enjoyable experience

by TripAdvisor Member Avalon19

Very nice hotel (especially for the price) with clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Make certain to call for your free plush robe and slippers. Most importantly take advantage of the great pool (open until 11pm!), whirlpool, sauna, and gym. Welcoming and helpful staff.

Comments