202 Blvd, Seaside Heights, New Jersey, 08751, United States
Booking.com

More about Sunrise Motel

Great Place To stay

by TripAdvisor Member Jon6869

This was our second year in a row staying at the Sunrise. I have been coming to Seaside for twenty years and would highly recommend this hotel. The fact that you have to be a family or adult couple to stay is great, it is my wife, two kids(ages 8 and 2)and myself so we love the atmosphere. We always seem to make friends at the pool and the owner Jeff and Paul the other gentleman in the office are great. We missed the free pizza on Wednesday and when we got back to our room there was a pizza waiting for us. The new electric sign in the parking lot is great, they put different announcements on it including my wedding anniversary. I can't imagine why anyone would stay anywhere else. We live in Poughkeepsie, NY and it takes about three hours to get to Seaside and from the minute we leave the house we are looking forward to the pool and the people at the Sunrise.

Left the Sunrise before Sunrise

by TripAdvisor Member yecats

We arrived at the sunrise at about 2pm. My husband and I were in Seaside Heights for a day and night to celebrate my birthday. From street it looked great, clean and well-kept outside, with a nice-looking pool. The location seemed great too, one block from the beach and the boardwalk...After we checked in, however it went down hill from there. An overwhelming smell of pine cleaner when we walked in definitely did not mean that the room was clean! The bed spreads were stained, the towels had black dirt on some of them, the bathroom floor was sandy and hairy, and the bathroom reeked of urine. We figured we'd make the best of it, though, because we had already paid, and wanted to spend our time on the beach and boardwalk, not looking for a room. After enjoying our time on the beach and boardwalk, we went back for what we thought would be a night's rest. WRONG! In addition to the thumping and pounding we heard everytime someone walked up the stairs or on the patio outside (all night long) The thumping, pounding and yelling from the night club across the street kept us up all night. Even though we bought insence on the boardwalk to cover up the stench of the room so we could stay there, the noise was just unbearable, so we wound up leaving and sitting for an hour on the beach to see the sunrise, then heading home, where we look forward to a good night's sleep. Thank GOD we didn't have any of our five children with us!

Pretty nice

by TripAdvisor Member nicnacs30

My husband and I stayed here in the off season, and maybe this is why this review is so different than the others - we had a great time staying here! We loved the kitchenette, the bed space, the small living room area...and the bathroom was just fine. We actually stayed here the night my husband proposed, and then had a blast just relaxing and being on a mini vacation! Maybe things are different during the summer, but we had a good time, with a great stay to boot.

Sunrise Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member aliontas

Having never stayed at Seaside Heights-- outside of the little bungalows at Seaside Park-- Sunrise Motel was a fabulous getaway from Newark. Serving families and couples only, the family-reunion vibe throughout the day was chill & comfortable. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the rooms were spacious and neat (we rented a suite, which could easily sleep 5-6 people), and the regular visitors/family friends were accommodating and friendly.

Best Features

1. Clean rooms & close to the Boardwalk & Beach.
2. Free breakfast at tasty nearby joints
3. Club directly across the street, for club-heads, but it wasn't obnoxious to us (who wouldn't pay the $25 cover & stayed in instead)
4. Pool with 2 decks for lounging
5. Working grills (burgers & steaks!)
6. Plenty of Parking
7. 24-hour Deli right across the street after you're finished stuffing yourself at the boardwalk

Best Place in Town Can't beat It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TIPICO

Already my second time here this season and again, you can't beat it. Service, location, customer service, I can go on and on. This past weekend I was here with my family and we all had a great time. The room was excellent, pool, crystal clear, they have BBQ's, always willing to help. Awesome time!
You guys are the best! See you soon.
Thanks!
Billy

Clean- Friendly- Place

by TripAdvisor Member PHILLYGIRL11

I have stayed at alot of places, but NONE as clean, friendly or nice as the Sunrise Motel in Seaside. It was close to the Boardwalk, The pool was great, I never even hit the beach because I was very comfortable right at the Motel with the huge deck and pool. I will advise ALL my friends and Family to stay here. Thumbs Up to the Family, you have a great business going.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member fireworks4

The facility was very clean and the rooms are big enough to accomodate a family. The pool is very nice and well maintained. There is a grill on the sundeck for all guests to use.
The owners are very kind and always understanding. If you need anything, they try to do anything they can to make sure your stay is a pleasure.
The free breakfast is also a plus.

Best Motel in Seaside Heights

by TripAdvisor Member Guitar31

Sunrise Motel in seaside is one excellent place to stay. First I would like to say that this is our fourth time staying at this motel. It just keeps getting better every year. The staff at Sunrise are courteous and helpful, VERY FRIENDLY. The rooms are spacious and very clean. This year we stayed on the second floor with the sun balcony. We absolutely loved it. They had tables, chairs and lounge chairs where you can just relax while eating your free breakfast with coffee from Ryan’s Deli. They also provide a propane grill where you can cook and relax. The pool was great, the kids loved it and it was the perfect size. Sunrise Motel is only a block away from the beach. We didn’t drive once after we got there. The parking lot for this motel is the perfect size. This is an excellent family style motel. If your family is looking for a great getaway fun in the sun vacation - SUNRISE MOTEL is the place to stay. Our Family highly recommends Sunrise Motel and we will return next year.
A special thanks to Jeff and Paul for making this another memorable family vacation.

Thanks from the four of us,
Jeff , Rae Anne and Kids

Loved The Sunrise Motel

by TripAdvisor Member squirrel1211

The Sunrise Motel is the cleanest motel in Seaside Heights. We decided to just get up and go. After checking out 2 hotels we stopped at the Sunrise Motel, because we thought the outside was nice. They have a Sun and barbeque deck, a very clean pool. Upon entering the room it was very very very clean and well kept. Our experience has made us decide to only stay at the Sunrise from now on.

There were no loud partying teenagers, the motel only will rent to couples and families. I highly recommend this motel, even if you have already booked another one stop by and check out the place I guarantee you will stay here from now on.

See the Sunrise at the Sunrise

by TripAdvisor Member pada

This was our 12th year to stay at the Sunrise. Jeff and Paul are always very pleasant and accomodating. We like that the hotel is only a block from the beach and there is a great deli across the street. The pool is always clean and the rooms are quite spacious. Am looking forward to returning for another 12 years.

Comments