570 Springfield Avenue, Summit, New Jersey, 07901-4599, United States

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• twood1's Profile Photo

Could be your only choice!

I stayed here when I was young, and I had a blast running around the hallways of the hotel. When I was there most recently, I remember the rooms being small and in need of a face lift - this was about 4 years ago. Brunch at their basement restaurant is quite good, if you don't get there too late. My junior prom was held there, and they've got a pretty nice ballroom that's not too big. Overall, I think the hotel's overpriced for what they offer, but they don't have much competition. They may have reformed it recently, but I don't know. It's still nice overall though.

Unique Quality: Pool, gym, ballroom, decent restaurant.

Directions: 570 Springfield Avenue

• tombsp's Profile Photo

Hotel with a great restaurant.

The Grand Summit is situated a short walk from Summits centre, on the edge of the leafy residential area.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is one of the most expensive in the area, but does have a great bar and restraunt. Many locals choose to eat and drink here.

• marca's Profile Photo

Summit's Grand Hotel

The hotel was built using European craftsman in 1929 and opened shortly before the stock market crash. The facility was renovated in the late 1980's. The hotel is located a few block from downtown on Summit's main street(Springfield Ave.).

Unique Quality: I have never stayed here myself but I have sent many out of town visitors here. My company had many business meetings in the hotel and the food was always excellent. The Hunt Club Grill in the basement is the place to go for special occaisions.

More about Grand Summit Hotel

Summit

by tombsp

I wouldn't recommend that anyone went out of their way to visit Summit City for the simply reason there isn't anything worth going out the way to see. But saying that, if you do find yourself in Summit take assurance that there are far worse places end up.

I spent about 5 months in Summit while on secondment to the US office of my
employer. Summit was my first taste of America and a very pleasant one.

After venturing out from the Grand Summit Hotel for the first time it didn't take me long to start wondering what gave it the right to be called a City. Compared your average City in England it is positively tiny. I've visited small towns that would swamp this place.

One thing that Summit is big on is churches. I think there must be more places of worship than there are places to drink. Unheard of in my homeland?.

That brings me on to the only bad point I can think of about Summit...the complete lack of pubs and bars. I only found two and one of those was in my hotel!! I heard a rumour that there was another at the back of a restaurant somewhere but never found it.

Joking aside, Summit is a lovely place to end up in, peaceful, laid back and very friendly people. I got lost in some very attractive residential areas, tree lined avenues almost hiding some magnificent houses. I would imagine it quite an affluent area of New Jersey, I met a few old people claiming to be retired commodities brokers and company CEOs. It's just a shame there are no pubs for them to spend their money in.

Now, with hindsight and after visit many other places in America, I realise that it gave me the opportunity to see experience something other tourist don't. Instead of the excitement of New York or the extravagances of LA, I visited somewhere in America that?s pretty normal!

Comments