Route 94 And 2 Chamonix Drive, Vernon, NJ, 07462

Satisfaction Average

More about Minerals Hotel And Spa

Skiing - Closest to NYC

by NYCTravelerGuy

Mountain Creek is located in Vernon NJ, 47 miles from the George Washington Bridge. Its doesn't compare with West Coast Skiing, but for a 2 Hour drive from NYC its a great mountain.

Bobolink Farm

by kazander

Friends of ours had seen Bobolink on the travel channel, when they planned a trip up, we were invited along, lucky us! Bobolink makes their own cheeses and fresh baked breads. When you visit, they will give you very tiny tastes of all the cheeses. For a decent chunk, you must buy your own. We wandered around the grounds, saw some hens, watched the pigs at feeding time and had a small tailgate party in the parking lot. Some, wine, some cheese and lovely sunshine. Mostly, this farm seems geared for selling their wares, though for some reason, I was under the impression that we would be getting a little tour of the place. Lou did chat with the owner about the cheese making process, the cheese is made in the same room as the cheese is sold. Overall a fun little experience, and some really good cheddar!
Public Tastings at the farm,
Wed-Friday 12-6, Saturday & Sunday 9-5 (Check Website for Holiday schedual)

You can also order their cheeses online.

BoBolink Dairy
42 Meadow Burn Road
Vernon, NJ 07462

Not as great as I hoped

by TripAdvisor Member Smurfette21498

My husband and I had a timeshare trade-in to use this summer and we opted to stay in the Northeast for economical reasons. We booked our room at the Resort Club at Minerals through Interval International, our timeshare company. The hotel was easy enough to fine, it's right down the road from Mountain Creek Waterpark. We checked in very smoothly and hurried out of the 98 degree weather to our condominium. The walkway from the parking lot to our door was wet and therefore completely bug ridden. Inside we were pleasantly suprised to have a nicely Air conditioned and clean but basic suite. Cable tv with a pull out sofa, chair, dining table and chairs, fridge, small stove, microwave etc. Bathroom was very basic but we hardly stayed in the room. The pool area at the resort was beautiful- hard to find a chair as it was very packed but we survived. There are indoor pools as well as a huge outdoor pool with a jumping cliff and cave to swim through. There is no food or drink service by the pool but the bar/ snack bar is close by.
Our bed was horrible...too soft and it hurt my back greatly.
Also, we killed too many bugs in our rooms- and at least 7 different varieties...some of which I've never even seen before. Not cool! Also, no maid service all week. I did not appreciate making the bed on my vacation.
Restaurant on site (Kites) was basic burgers and sandwiches but sort of expensive (10.95 for a burger isnt worth it in my book). Beware, there arent many restaurants in the surrounding areas either---trust us we drove and drove trying to find some.
Overall, we enjoyed our time by the pool but ended up leaving a full day early after we couldnt stand our living arrangements anymore.
Please note- this is seperate from Minerals Hotel...this is the condominums/ timeshare.

BAD, BAD and worse

by TripAdvisor Member erevrav

How would I rate our stay at Minerals Hotel? Given what we paid to stay there, I would say that it was one of the worst hotels that I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. First of all, it's horribly run and the staff (with the exceptions of Meg and our Bellhop) was very rude.
It started off when we checked in and there were no bellhops on staff. They gave us a cart and told us to take our bags to our own room. Now, I know that I sound like a snob, complaining about taking our own bags, but there are two important facts to know. 1) We had just gotten married and had a lot of luggage and a lot of left over food. We filled the cart almost past what it was supposed to hold.
2) The room we stayed in (the presidential suite) was a very long walk away from the parking lot and the front desk. Oh, and did I mention that I have a knee problem and unless I made my new bride push the cart, I was stuck pushing it the whole time.
We checked in to our room (which clearly hadn't been heated in quite some time), and then relaxed for awhile. Thankfully we spent most of the time in the room b/c that was the best part of our stay. The gym is busy and the hot tubs are constantly full. We were lucky to only have to have one meal at the hotel because the food was horrible. The spa was cold and very noisy and other than the food scrubs, had nothing unique about it.
In conclusion, if I hadn't just been married, I would've had a miserable time. Since we were blissfully happy, we could have checked in to a fat camp and had a great time. Take my advice, don't stay there.

Worst management of the year award!

by TripAdvisor Member grandcru

Bottom Line... Horrible customer service The management is not customer centric. They are not helpful or concerned and act as if thet are God's gift to us poor little people. In fact they are plain nasty and combative sometimes.

My wife and I have spent quite a bit of time and money in this establishement over the last 4 years. NEVER AGAIN! Each time we have been flabergasted by at least one act of rude surly conduct on behalf of management.

This time we had three separate incidents involving purely unacceptable attitudes on the part of any hospitality staff member.

One involved using the "business center"... I have used this facility for years and this time found the door locked. I asked the girl at the front desk to please open it. She replied "that's not for guests". I inquired who then it might be for. She replied "for groups only". I replied that I had eight people with me, was that group large enough? She said "no". Then I went to the room and produced the page in their own brochure extolling the virtues of the business center for guests. She said "we changed our policy" I said but this brochure is in every room. She repeated "we changed our policy" At that point I suggested that they had best change it back..... I asked for a photocopy of the original description and they said "our copier is broken, you can make a copy of it at the business center!!!"

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

Go somewhere else!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Goldkis

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

My family and I were guests at Minerals over a long weekend.

We had such a horrible experience that I wrote a letter to the General Manager and have yet to hear back. I have waited weeks to hear from them and now that I have not, I have decided my best course of action it to inform others of my experience, so that it does not occur to them.

Due to the excessive noise of the other guests, which we called NUMEROUS times to the front desk about, which they did everything possible to avoided dealing with, we found it impossible to sleep or even relax.

Just prior to arriving to our room on one of the evenings we had been to the spa for relaxing massages, which were very nice, (PRICEY and the room was cold) but the effect was completely spoiled by what took place, over then next several hours.

Also make sure that you double check your bill. After our stay upon check out the bill was incorrect which they fixed but several weeks later they sent me a notice that they where charging me an additional $15 due to a clerical error on there end. What is that all about?

Love It!

by TripAdvisor Member Crewella

We always have a great time here. The room is very comfortable and large. I love the pools but wish the big outdoor cliff pool was heated. One draw back is Kites restaurant they close room service too early and the service is very slowin the restaurant!! They need to bring back live bands on Friday nights! The food is good but for the prices it should be better. Kidz Craze is great and it's a good value my daughter loves it. I got a massage last time I was there and boy did I feel great afterwards. Costomer service at the front desk could be better and down in the fitness center. Some are not very helpful and down right rude. I don't agree that this place is not for kids but I do believe the resort could make more of an effort to cater to kids of all ages.

Not for the money

by TripAdvisor Member YanniBananni

I guess this resort was overhyped - my wife and i stay at a lot of luxury properties - and Crystal Springs felt more like a Hotel 6 than a $275/night suite. The most troubling thing are the paper thin walls. The hotel is a popular destination for families and you are able hear every word in the adjacent rooms. Late at night there were other more romantic sounds, also. You will not be able to drown the sounds out with the TV as they have limited the volume to a point where we could hardly hear the rather excellent movie we ordered "The Prestige" above the din of other guests.

Check-in also had a certain unvarnished quality to it, with the front desk attendants squabbling over who would take the guests - in front of the guests. The bathrooms were a significant disappointment - only a shower. I don't know about you but for $275 a whirlpool tub is generally included; when you come home banged up from snowboarding it's nice to relax in the bubbles.

Without being too disparaging there were some positives to the hotel. The restaurant, Kites, was a nice experience with live music, friendly staff, and good food. The facilities at the hotel are comprehensive with indoor tennis, squash, racketball and basketball courts as well as a large indoor/outdoor heated pool and running track. We did not visit the spa. There is an electric fireplace in the room which adds to the alpine feeling although not enough to make this worth the money.

If you are going to stay there, get a secluded room and ask for a room with a bath (not sure if they have them).

Awesome weekend

by TripAdvisor Member jmcm36

What a wonderful weekend we had! Several of my sisters and our families stayed there. There were so many things to do for the kids. It was raining one day and the kids had a blast swimming outside in the heated pool in the rain! ( They have and indoor pool as well) The rooms were beautiful and the ammenities superb! The brothers-in-law really enjoyed golfing at Wild Turkey. I would highly recommend this resort to everyone!

Something To Do For Everyone...

by TripAdvisor Member acs-nyc

My family has stayed at this resort several times and absolutely love it...it is super-convenient to everything the area has to offer...I have young children who love swimming right downstairs in the hotel, especially in the outdoor heated pool in the winter...and the new gym and spa are spectacular...my wife had a full line of treatments and a massage downstairs and said it was the best she's gotten anywhere (and we live in NYC so that says a lot)...very convenient to golf in the area, as well as a walk to the ski-slope...I am also a tennis player, and enjoy the indoor courts on the property...lastly, the rooms are nice...not huge, but well appointed, with very nice outdoor decks overlooking the mountains...I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort to family and friends...

Comments