Sheraton Suites on the Hudson

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Sheraton Suites on the Hudson

Bizarre experience

by TripAdvisor Member Tkdsusan

We had a large group of Michigan 4H'ers staying here. For the most part things were OK, nice beds, big rooms, etc. Two people in our group had a really difficult time getting a room, however. First, their room they were assigned and given keycards for was already occupied, then they were given keys to a room that was still wet from a recent carpet cleaning. The room smelled very moldy and they requested a different room. Again, they were given keycards to a room already occupied! (do these people not know which rooms have guests?) They finally got a room, but had to change it the next day. What a hassle! The staff was indifferent, the buffet was OK but the plates were often missing or dirty. Elevators were slower than molasses so we often used the stairs (good cardio, lol!).

Great hotel - will stay again

by TripAdvisor Member ATLTripAdv

I stayed at this hotel on Sept 24 for a wedding. Thanks to the wedding rate, a standard room was only $130... otherwise the rates are very expensive.

I took a cab to the hotel so I didn't have to worry about parking. As soon as you walk in, the lobby looks nice and the desk staff are friendly and efficient. On my way to the elevator I passed a small hotel gift shop - snacks, toiletries, and souvenirs. There were two elevators, both clean and fast. Hallways were bright and clean too. My room was on the 6th floor with a view of the parking lot and NJ, so not the greatest view (room 637).

The room had a small sitting area w/ a couch, work desk, mini fridge and kitchenette. The closet had an iron and ironing board. The bedroom area was mostly taken up by the huge bed. Nice sized TV in the cabinet (immediately across fom the bed) with cable, and a VCR on top! The bed was very comfy. The AC worked great and wasn't too loud. The TV had a little static in the sound.

The bathroom was large and well lit with a magnifying mirror too. The tub was clean and the shower had good pressure....So overall the room was great.

Immediately outside the hotel you find shops and small parks and brick sidewalks. Great for a little run. The park had a Weehawken town festival going on that weekend, which was cool. There's a little deli type of store, a CVS, a Houlihans, the Chart House (super nice but super pricey) and some other shops. The marina had lots of boats and there was a dock for the ferry to New York. So if you're there without a car, you can stroll around and eat dinner.

For going to the wedding, I missed the hotel shuttle and had to take a cab. For the reception, I caught the shuttle to the Chart House. At the end of the night, I called for a shuttle back but they said the next one wasn't scheduled for another 20 minutes! It was only two blocks, but in high heels in the dark that's pretty frustrating. And when I left the next morning:no shuttle. Took a cab to the Hoboken PATH instead. So the only downside to my stay was not finding a shuttle when I wanted one, and having to walk or take a cab.

I was in such a rush I never checked out the pool or weight room or the food - sorry! But I would stay here again because of the nice quality of the room, friendly staff and great location.

Can't beat the view!

We just returned from our stay at the Sheraton Suites and I have to tell you that I was a little worried judging by the other reviews. However, our stay was very nice. The hotel is not going to blow anyone away, but the location can't be beat! You are right across the Hudson from Manhattan with a view that is fabulous. The ferry stops right outside the front of the hotel and for just a few dollars, you have a 7 minute ride into the city. On the other side, there is a bus that will take you for free to many spots in the city (I'd look into this for more information, but it brought us to Penn Station for free). If you want to visit NYC without the hassle, this is the place for you.

With that said, I have to admit, the hotel wasn't perfect. The people were friendly enough, the room was clean, albeit a bit small (tough to get past the bed to the bathroom which was inconveniently located in the far corner of the room. The pool was small, but servicable (which for a family with young kids, is a requirement) There was a nice breakfast buffet the next morning, but it's not cheap. It was $27 for my husband and I. Had I known it was going to be that much, I'd have gone out. Kids were free at least. One stupid thing was that they were working on the elevators in the morning at the worst possible time - about 9:00am while everyone was coming down to eat and check out. Very inconvenient, although maybe they had a good reason. Seemed like a pretty dumb time to me.

All in all, the location trumps everything else. It was a great visit and we'd go back again.

Convenient location but not a very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pepromeno

Let me start with the positives. The location is excellent for NYC. The price is great compared to some 300$ and up hotels in Manhattan. The views are wonderful. The hotel is located right next to a ferry terminal and when you cross on the other side there are shuttle buses which will conveniently take you to different NYC locations. So, for a 5.75$ price for the ferry (if bought at the hotel …else at the main terminal it costs 5.25$) you get a pretty good deal. Parking is difficult to find in Manhattan let alone the traffic. The area where the hotel is located is actually pretty interesting. If you feel like taking a ride around you will discover some beautiful views of Manhattan.

Now the negatives. The inside of the hotel was a total disappointment for us. The first thing that bothered us the most was that the bathroom stool was not properly cleaned and the shower curtain had stains on it. The A/C unit was so loud that I couldn’t sleep and there was only one unit by the bed. We also had continental breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant the one morning for 54$ for two... Totally not worth it.

fabulous vacations

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. It was our third visit to New York ( we are from Québec).I t was the best Manhattan view ever and the hotel was perfect. We traveled with 2 adolescent ( 14 and 15 ) they both enjoyed the ferry and the warm swimming pool at the hotel !
We recommand it !!!