3320 Atlantic Ave, Wildwood, New Jersey, 08260, United States

Hereford Inlet LighthouseHereford Inlet Lighthouse

Polish Water IcePolish Water Ice

A unplanned vacation

by jerseygirl9

Well, My family and I go on many big expensive vacations, so next we decided on going to a low priced, relaxation type of place. We are going to Wildwood, New Jersey. Can anyone who has been there give me some tips on where to eat, what to do and stuff like that...The price doesnt matter...

Re: A unplanned vacation

by Travmad

Have a look at these pages they may help you.

Re: A unplanned vacation

by mmyerspa

Wildwood has a very extensive boardwalk. When we traveled to Wildwood, our family took leisurely strolls down the boardwalk in the early evening. You can have a sit-down meal someplace (we usually did this off the boardwalk so we could have a little more formal meal), then stroll the boardwalk to shop and have dessert. Also - grab some boardwalk fries at some point!

In the mornings, rent bicycles and ride on the boardwalk or through the town. It's not like Atlantic City - the town is safe outside the main tourist area.

There's also a fair area on the boardwalk - games and rides for all ages.

Travel Tips for Wildwood

Get an all day or season pass...

by asturnut

Get an all day or season pass for Morey's Pier & Mariner's Landing (the tickets are a rip off-- take my advice, buy a pass.) Morey's Pier and Mariner's Landing are at opposite ends of the Boardwalk, but tickets and passes are interchangable. They both have the best rides on the Boards. They also have the best waterparks (one on each pier), but you pay separately for those. In my opinion, the waterparks are the best part of Wildwood. Avoid the waterparks on days that are breezy, for some reason, even on the hottest days it can get quite chilly if there's a breeze blowing. Countless hours spent riding the roller coasters, water slides and log flumes with my friends. Isn't that what growing up is all about?!?

www.moreyspiers.com

Enjoy the beach and Boardwalk....

by richiecdisc

Enjoy the beach and Boardwalk. Wildwood offers the best in both with wide white beaches and an elaborate Boardwalk that is fun during the day, but especially magical at night. There was a great club that only lasted one summer, called Streamers. They had this once a week special that was beyond a happy hour. You’d pay $2 to get in and the drinks were free, anything that you wanted, even top shelf stuff. It was a radio promo night so they weren’t out to make money. Of course, the local contingent of Beach Trash descended on this place weekly. We were a rowdy lot anyway but after innumerable melon balls (absolute vodka with Midori, a melon liqueur), on this particular night; I was feeling more than feisty. Noticing a set of inflatable lips hanging from the ceiling, I stood on my chair, turned them on their side, and spurred on by my comrades proceeded to stick my tongue inside them. We found this hysterical but the bouncers thought otherwise and came to not only tell me to get down, but also to leave the premises immediately. Worse yet, not only me, but also they were throwing all my friends out. For some reason only understandable by me in this highly intoxicated state, I decided to punch the pane glass window of the club on my way out, smashing it to bits. Taking a quick look at my good buddy, we knew we had to run for out lives at this point so off we fled leaving my brothers to fend with the now irate bouncers. They finally tracked us down, pinning me to the ground spread eagle, but my brothers were now looking for me and spotted my familiar shoes jutting out from the mass of bodies seemingly piled on the ground that was in fact me. Coming to my rescue, a brawl ensued, and though we were never allowed in the club again, at least I escaped their worst wrath. Laughing the next morning and licking our wounds, we knew that being brothers was a bond that transcended friendship.

Fishing

by missmommy19

Lots of great fishing off of the New Jersey coast all summer long. You can rent a boat or go out on one of the numerous charter boats. Flounder, sea bass, striper, sea robins, tuna, dolphin, drumfish, just to name some.

The Boardwalk.

by richiecdisc

Though similar promenades existed in UK seaside resorts far earlier, Atlantic City is credited with the first Boardwalk as we know it today and is indeed why Boardwalk is in the Monopoly board game. Consisting of a raised wooden walkway with shops, food joints, and games of chance on the city side and a amusement piers jutting out towards the ocean on the beach side, Boardwalks became common place at the Jersey Shore. Wildwood's has always been considered the biggest and best of the lot. Immortalized in songs like 'Under the Boardwalk,' you can't have grown up in this area without having spent some of your childhood hitting 'the Boards.'

Time of my life!!!

by hennesgm2101

WOW! This place has some of the best memories for me in my whole life! Its so surreal it s like a parallel universe. Well, for me anyway-it couldnt be MORE unlike the hum-drum of life in Ireland for an irish person. I gotta say I feel a lump in my throat thinking about wildwood. From the outset it appears a tacky commercial cheap yet surprisingly overpriced resort town but appearances are deceiving! Im really writing this page for anyone out there whos reading this that is considering doing what I did by going there for a summer, maybe ur irish or english. I have advice to give if u wanna hear it! My first piece of advice-GO THERE!!!!

Comments