4300 Ocean Ave, Wildwood, New Jersey, 08260, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Wildwood

The water was a little chilly but it was nice.The water was a little chilly but it was nice.

sunset lakesunset lake

The Cape May LighthouseThe Cape May Lighthouse

Atlantic CityAtlantic City

Travel Tips for Wildwood

Best coaster on the Boardwalk

by asturnut

The Great White wooden roller coaster is one of the most recent additions to the Boardwalk. It's a classic wooden roller coaster without the whiplash. It's smooth ride by wooden coaster standards and has some really good drops that give you "that feeling" that you want when you go on a coaster. In my opinion it's the best ride on the Boardwalk because I get a really good rush without getting nauseous like I do on the coasters that flip over like the Sea Serpent and the Great Nor'Easter.

Packing List

by asturnut

In addition to your regular luggage, bring a small comfortable day backpack for one member of your family to carry everyone’s stuff. Don’t forget that you will be walking quite a lot- of course you don’t want to forget anything, but you also do not want to pack so much that you are bogged down. If plan to ride a roller coaster, you can’t take your bags with you! Hopefully someone if your party won’t want to ride and they can hold your stuff. But also consider that chances are you will have to park so far away you will not be able to return to your car for forgotten items. You need to give some real thought as to what you really want to bring for you day on the beach and the Boardwalk. Plan ahead! Bring a light parka or windbreaker, it gets chilly at night. Sunglasses and/or hat is a common sense idea. See my warnings and dangers tip about the importance of good sandals. What you would usually bring Bring your own film. It's very expensive at the shore. Pack items such as towels, sun tan lotion, beach toys for the children, flotation devices, etc. Although all these items are readily available for sale, they are sold at a real premium. Other items you might find useful are a beach umbrella with carrying bag, compact (easy to carry) beach chairs, sports/water drink bottles you won’t be upset if you lose, a waterproof wearable container for your money (usually worn on the neck at waterparks), a stretchy keychain for your wrist for your room key. Bike, bike lock, surfboard, boogieboard

Curley's Fries.

by richiecdisc about Curley's Fries.

A Boardwalk institution, Curley's has been at the front of Morey's Pier forever and people still line up just to 'smell the french fries they sell.' Fresh cut thick fries, okay chips for the UK contingent at VT.

For folks of all ages!

by N_philly

Willdwood is our home away from home in the summer months. It's a great place to take the famlily. You could never get bored here with so much to do. You have the beach, the boardwalk, amusement parks, restaurants, carnival games, arcades and much more.

Wild Wildwood...

by deadites

When I feel like break from North Jersey (or even the Northern Shore points), I head down to Wildwood for a "wild" time.

Things to look for: Suicidal horseshoe crabs which are always litter the beaches.. Ditto for the jelly fish. Sea gulls will dive bomb you for food (reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock's - The Birds), but seriously the beauty of the beach will take your breath away.

The Boardwalk is a great place to hang out after a tough day of battling the waves (and gulls)...

Two memories of Wildwood that stick out in my mind. Previous night there was a storm out at sea, so the water was nice and choppy. My brother and I were doing a little surfing, when this wave came in and literally stung us; the wave was full of jellyfish washed in from the storm. The clear type are not poisonous, they'll just give you welts that feel like mosquito bites for about 15 minutes to half an hour. We were told to not scratch and wait it out, and sure enough they disappeared.

Secondly if you're going to wear a bikini, and the water is choppy, stay out. My bro and I were playing frisbee, my brother started waving frantically; I didn't know why. I felt a sharp pinch on my foot and was bending over to see what was up; BOOM, next thing I'm underwater being dragged out. I stand up, hopping up and down with this crab attached to my big toe, unfortunately both parts of my bikini managed to displace themselves.. I almost died of embarrassment, and my brother almost died of laughter.

I am trying to dig up some pics of Wildwood (sorry there are none of the aforementioned incident) and will post them!

Comments