4211 Ocean Ave, Wildwood, New Jersey, United States
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Wildwood

My son Kevin & his 80 lb drumfish, IGFA record!My son Kevin & his 80 lb drumfish, IGFA record!

Fishing funFishing fun

Wildwoods NJ, BoardwalkWildwoods NJ, Boardwalk

Good quality sandals are a must!Good quality sandals are a must!

Travel Tips for Wildwood

Many of the younger group,...

by metallion

Many of the younger group, even ones my age will laugh at this one. Go to the Olympic Arcade between 24th and 25th Street and play Fascination. It's a game where you roll a ball down a game board towards a grid of 5x5 little holes. Each time the ball goes in a hole a light is lit up on the back screen. You are trying to get bingo before everyone else in the place that is playing. Normally I would not give this type of thing a second look, but one time on a family vacation I played it and have been hooked every time I visited since! Well, considering my father passed away a few years back, I would have to say during my family vacations after everyone else went back to where we were staying to sleep, he would take me out to play 'Midnight Fascination'. Back then it was $5 for an hour of playing the game. Considering when I first did this I was 10, it was special to go out late at night, and will always remember my Dad showing me the game.

Cheesesteak Hoagies

by richiecdisc

Philly may be most famous for their cheesesteaks but in NJ, especially down the shore, we have cheesesteak hoagies. It's like fried chip steak with melted cheese on top but they you add lettuce, tomato, and raw onions with oil, vinegar and oregano. They are THE cure for a hangover for sure! ;)

Mr. D's.

by richiecdisc about Mr. D's.

Unfortunately Luigi’s isn’t open when you want a cheese steak hoagie most, at four in the morning after a night of clubbing. Mr. D’s has been the answer for longer than I care to remember. It’s not Luigi’s but it’s pretty damn good. Well, at four in the morning it is anyway. Cheese steak hoagie at four in the morning.

Kisch!!

by Belsaita

This is a place you don't believe you're here for real, is like being inside a movie or cartoon of the 50's!!

Considered the largest collection of mid-20th century commercial resort architecture in the US, you'll find there the Doo Wop motels build in many kitschy styles from "Polynesian" to "Chinese" or "Space-age". Of course, all them with lots of plastic palm trees and neon-bright colors, funky signage and exotic architecture.

This unique place is endangered, see here:
Nationaltrust.org

kindheart's new Wildwood Page

by kindheart

hi,I've lived here a couple of years and vacationed here for ten years prior to deciding this would be a nice moderate climate location w/lots of things to do,in my semi-retirement years.If I can be of help ,I know "most" of the high and lowlights of my favorite beach resort/hometown......

Comments