Aqua Beach Resort

Satisfaction Poor

More about Aqua Beach Resort

Good place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member vacation-luvr

This is our second year at Wildwood, and we liked this hotel than the one we stayed at last year. The rooms were very clean, and staff was excellent. The only thing we did not like at this hotel was the swimming pool - it was quite cloudy, and the water did not seem clean, as my kids emerged itchy after swimming for an hour. But otherwise, the location was excellent, and the prices were very reasonable! We'll come back next year!!!

Great location, consistant service

by TripAdvisor Member ctsoapfan

Congratulations, you're going to Wildwood! Before I review this hotel, I need to point out a few things about Wildwood after reading some of the other reviews: (1) There are no 5 star hotels in Wildwood (2) They are mostly family-owned (3) The prices may seem high, but they have to make their year's worth of money in the 5 months they are open (4) you are are paying for LOCATION (5) there is a difference between Ocean VIEW and Ocean FRONT, AND (6) guests are spending the majority of the day in wet bathing suits, so sand and wet floors are inevitable.

I have been going to Wildwood since I was a kid. I have stayed at Aqua Beach at least a dozen times. I have also stayed at the following hotels in Wildwood Crest: Adventurer, Water's Edge, Singapore, Bal Harbour, and Ocean Holiday (when it was Admiral East). I have also stayed at the Golden Rail in North Wildwood. I believe Aquabeach was one of the first hotels in Wildwood to offer King-sized beds (and one of the first to have a website).

The staff at Aquabeach is friendly and accomodating every time I visit. I usually book the B or B1 room (king-size bed, B1 has the oversized tub with jets). One of the B1 rooms (room 100, I think) had an older tub that doesn't work as well as the other B1 rooms, but my rooms have always been clean and comfortable. I have reservations for the new Indies room this summer, looking forward to seeing the renovations!

I do agree with some other reviews that sometimes the pool can get dirty, they do need to stay on top of this. The problem is that many people go to the beach and then jump in the pool when they are full of sand. Maybe another place to rinse off would help. Also, the hot tub next to the pool is not always hot enough. But as far as the comment in another review about not having enough chairs... there isn't any more room to put anymore! You work with what you have.

The coffee shop at Aquabeach is great.... good food, good service. Other features include a gift shop, game room, coin-operated laundry. and movie rentals.

Since the ocean is so far away (the beach is VERY wide in Wildwood), you really can't see the ocean well in some Ocean VIEW rooms.... if you want to see the ocean, better to pay for an Ocean FRONT room. Generally speaking in some ocean view rooms in Wildwood you will see the parking lot or pool, and only a little of the Ocean... unless there happens to be a lot of open space near your hotel. They should probably change the room classification to be more clear.

I have always had a pleasant stay at Aquabeach, and I keep coming back. The best thing about this hotel is the perfect location.... just past the end of the boardwalk (so you can walk, don't have to drive and pay to park), and right at the beach. The variety of room options is great for both families and couples. Can't wait to see the new renovations for 2005!

A Good Choice

I just stayed at Aqua Beach for Mother's Day weekend. The location can't be beat! It is close to everything (beach, boardwalk, bike rentals, playground). Service was great with a friendly staff. The heated pool and jacuzzi were important to us. Our 5 and 7 year old children swam in the pool even though it was cold and rainy. The jacuzzi was a disappointment for most of the adults because it was only warm, not hot. The kids were disappointed that half of the games in the gameroom were out of order. The weekend escape package deal is a good value if you use all the coupons! Overall, I would stay here again for the value, cleanliness, friendly staff and great location!

Not what they claim!

by TripAdvisor Member Jersey4Ever

The Aqua Beach is not what their site claims! It is, if anything, an overpriced econo-lodge by the sea. The rooms are dark and musty, with stains on the walls and the curtains. The chairs felt and looked as though they were about the fall apart, and the shower barely worked. On the up side, the Motel is right near the boardwalk, albiet, a block away. The oceanfront rooms dont have private balconies as the brochure claims, so be wary, the Motel is not what they say!

Not the best Wildwood Crest has to offer

This hotel isn't the best place to stay in Wildwood Crest. The front desk staff isn't very friendly, and the accommodations are nothing much to "write home about." The bathroom in the room smelled, and there was some sort of yellow liquid behind the toilet. The television didn't work well. Only some stations came in, some were fuzzy. Unlike other hotels/motels in Wildwood, the Aqua Beach did not have a VCR in the room. Also, unlike other hotels/motels, the efficiency unit we had did not have an oven. There were two balconies in the room: a common balcony which faced the pool, which wasn't much of a view; and a private balcony that faced another hotel - again, not much of a view. Patrons were running along the balcony during the late night hours, and sitting on the balcony smoking. There were stains on the drapes, and water stains on the walls from what must have been a significant leak. On the plus side, there is a great rooftop patio that compensates for the lousy view from the room, and the proximity to the boardwalk can't be beat. I would not stay here again. Nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Beachcrest Condo

My family and I (8 of us) just returned today from a four day stay (3 night) at one of the condos through Aqua Beach Resort. (Beachcrest) What an absolutely wonderful place to stay. The condos are across the street from the hotel. Busy road but easy to cross. From our balcony we had excellent view of ocean. The condo was extremely clean, neat , modern and there was plenty of room. We loved it!! We could not have picked a better place to stay. So accessible to everything and walking distance to the boardwalk. Assigned parking for two cars made it so easy to leave and return not having to worry about where to park. What a great place to stay and we would absolutely stay at one of the condos again for vacation. All of us agree it was a five star condo and helped make our vacation a most memorable one.

Worth checking out

by TripAdvisor Member skinc51

Hotel was very nice with slanted balconies for a really good view of the ocean. Beachfront was very quiet but with a nice balcony and large window. Poolside was very noisy with kids in the pool all day. Cafe on the premises was very nice and the staff was friendly. Parking was tight with all the SUV's and VAN's so don't move your car once you are there. The hotel staff was nice but not able to give any information on the trolley service. Two elevators helped keep people moving around. You can rent bikes and surrey's across the street. The beach is about a football field away so bring a cart to wheel your beach gear. The hotel is just a quick walk to the beginning of the boardwalk but in order to see the rides and most of the shops and arcades, you need to walk quite a distance. Take the tram but be aware that the cost is $2 each way per person. If you get off the tram and want to get back on going in the same direction, it is another $2. This is a dry town so bring your own liquor. You can walk a few blocks to restaurants which do have liquor but the Crest does not serve alcohol. You can get bread, milk and the like on the next corner at Seaside...they also serve a good breakfast. We went to the Little Italy Restaurant - very good, very busy, very friendly people. Make sure you go to La Piazza Restaurant but, call ahead or you will be waiting forever to eat. The food is very good and they have a bar. The two piece band sings a variety of songs and are very entertaining. Dancing included. We also went to Neil's Restaurant but did not care for the food. It was very expensive. All in all, I would love to go back.

major disappointment

To sum up Aqua Beach Resort in three words "" WHAT A DUMP""
The Staff was very uncooperative, and the rooms looked like they
haven't been painted since Nixon was president.
a major disappointment.

Don't do it...

by TripAdvisor Member mwill260

We had a poolside room right at the stairwell (room 323). The hotel is layed out in a horseshoe with the pool in the middle and it goes up 4/5 stories. So...imagine where the noise from the pool goes?!?!? One of the "benefits" of staying here apparently is the live music on Mondays and Wednesdays. Well, when I arrived on Wednesday afternoon and heard the very loud music (accentuated by the layout of the hotel), I immediately checked the hotels around me for vacancies. I had found one and went back to the front desk at Aqua Beach to inquire around how much money I would lose and about the music. The girl told me I would lose my $150 deposit and the music was only Monday and Wednesday, so I decided to stay. But that music was so loud and annoying...you couldn't even talk to another person without yelling.
The pool was supposed to close at 9:00, but the three nights we were there it was open until 10:00 p.m. (Not necessarily a plus with young kids who may be trying to sleep before 10:00 -- the sound really carried right up to our room even with the door shut.)
The room was adequate -- pleasantly decorated -- although I'm not entirely sure I had clean sheets on both beds. Towels were very small and flimsy. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen too! We had a kitchenette and a table and chairs.
The proximity to the beach/boardwalk is a big plus at this hotel and if you can stand the music on Monday and Wednesday, don't need a large bathroom and want to swim late.

Average Aqua Beach

My family and I just stayed for a long weekend at the Aqua Beach in Wildwood Crest, NJ. My overall impression of the place is just so-so.

PROS: Good Housekeeping Staff; Location (on the beach and 1 block from the boards); decent air conditioning.

CONS: Overpriced - Oceanview with 2 doubles was over $210/night; bathroom was WAY TOO SMALL; sheets were not changed every day (more like rotated between beds); not a big fan of the "common balcony" between rooms (made for alot of noise early in the morning and late at night); overall noise level in the entire hotel.

I realize that many hotels in Wildwood are old and antiquated and it costs alot of money to improve on the "PROS"; but I also realize that many hotel owners read these reviews and see that there are common "CONS" among hotels and do nothing to improve them (Come On, new sheets every day?)

Comments