Bal Harbour Oceanfront Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

More about Bal Harbour Oceanfront Hotel

good vacation packages

by TripAdvisor Member MiracleSarah

Our family has been going to the Bal Harbour for years. Although it is not a five star hotel, it is one of the best in Wildwood Crest. Their weekend getaway packages include meals and are a good value. Their rooms are clean and the balconies are private. (You don't see that much at the shore.) Their staff is abrupt at times, but the last time we stayed there it was better. Their towels are disgusting so we bring our own, and their underground parking garage is a little scary. Considering the other accomodations at the shore it is one of the better places to stay.

Horrible!

by TripAdvisor Member drn61154

Bal Harbour was very nice when it first opened but has gone downhill since. The employees are very rude and obnoxious. If you go through the hallways, it literally stinks. Also, who in their right mind would own a hotel and want rude, nasty people working at your front desk? They are so rude to the kids who come in and pay to use their game room, it's sickening!

Worst place in the world!!

The pictures on thier website made the hotel seem very nice, but the Bal Harbor is NOT a place I would recommend to ANYONE!!!! We first arrived and the hallways smelled like moth balls. We entered our room to discover many things, one was that the toliet did not flush. The room reeked of urine because someone had previously used the toliet and the vent did not work. The front desk attendent was only rude and arrogent when we attempted to address the issue. We were told that we had to use the lobby bathroom, which did not have locks on the stalls, or air dryers that worked. There were no paper towels. We asked if we could just change rooms but the person plainly stated that we would have the use the lobby bathroom until someone came to fix the toliet.
We ended up using the lobby facility for the entire two night stay. I was told by the same rude attendant that she had no record of the problem when we checked out. We chose not to eat at the hotel because they didn't even serve coffee, which was good because a friend said they ate a bacon and ham omlette and the bacon wasn't even cooked. That same friend's room key worked on her door and another person room.
Clearly stated, Do not stay at this hotel what soever, unless you are looking for a horrible time.

Loved the Bal Harbor!

This place is awesome! My husband and I went here on our honeymoon and the rooms were great! Clean, spotless, beautiful oceanfront views! The coffe shop is delicious..great food, game room, gift shop, and the staff was really nice! Thumbs up!

Don't ruin your summer!

What a terrible choice. We still joke about it. Room decor from the sixties, prices like the top vegas hotels. The staff is slightly more helpful than hemroids. Unclean rooms. Less than average housekeeping.
Horrible parking, unless you have a mini cooper. Ask them about credit card reservations, they'll happily tell you about their cash policy.
Please do your research before sending these fine people a donation.

Never got passed the phone reservation

I called to make reservations and the whole time I was asking questions about the different models on the website the attendant was rude, so I merely tried to break the ice and stated you should be in a better mood because you are down the beautiful shore. The attendant went postal on me calling me a "b***h, and then stated his father dies three days ago, I apologized for his loss and ignore his derogatory comment. He stated I am not welcomed in his hotel may some comments about me making reservations while I was working and hung up on me! I called back because he took my credit card information and he didnt pick up the phone. He later called back harassed the operator at our company and was transferred to me and stated he didn't want my kind at his establishment. I thought I was in the twlight zone, dealing with someone going postal! To make a long story short I didnt make reservations, thank God after reading everyone's review. This person who harrassed made unnecessarilyh rude comments claims to be te owner.
It probaly is the case from what I read the place stinks and so does there attitude. I feel like I am the lucky one not wasting my money on such a place!

Uncomfortable

We found this Expensive hotel to be very dirty and the beds, if you can call them that, were like sleeping on boards. I would not recommend this place my worst enemy.

Above the rest...

Bal Harbour is the greatest..Have gone there several times in the past 5 years.. Always a good time, Always clean..Staff is constantly cleaning facility.. Staff always curtious..

Horrible experience!

Horrible experience! Dirty, nasty staff, bad smell. Any place that insists on cash up front has to raise some red flags. Stay away!

Comments