416 E. Miami Ave., Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, 08260, United States

More about Coliseum Ocean Resort

Good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member PSC33

Stayed 11 nights in the 1 room eff., Debbie helped us out often,

Pros: Ocean front! Have a 4 yr. old and didnt have to lug all the toys very far.Not a bad price for ocean front, Staff was mostly helpful,Clean rooms, Quiet area.Never had a problem finding a parking spot. People mention the pool is always cloudy and never cleaned, the pool was cloudy the first day after that was mostly clear and I saw a man cleaning the pool every early morning.

Neutral: Parking spots very tight (but most places you stay in wildwood are like this) BAthroom very small (could wash hands while sitting on the throne!) we dont spend much time in room so this didnt bother us

Cons: one day at the pool we were sitting at the pool and smelled something a few feet from us we saw a pair kids shorts that had #2 on top of it ( I dont blame the hotel as much as I blame the disrespectful , inconsiderate parents of the child that just left it there, they could have walked a few feet and threw it in the trash!) we informed the front desk and they said someone would take care of it, after 45 mins. I went to the house keeper and explanied what i was about to do( I dont know if she understood me or not but she gave the bags with a funny look, i thought maybe she would have said let me do it ) and got 2 trash bags 1 for my hands the other to put the pants in and threw it in the trash myself.

Impression: I would stay here again

We Loved The Coliseum

by TripAdvisor Member Justeric

My wife and I along with my 15 year old son stayed from Aug. 13 -20, this hotel was fabulous. We arrived 3 hours early and were allowed to check in within 1 hour.The people were friendly, the rooms were cleaned daily, the rooms also smelled clean. We could not have asked for more. The pool was cleaned daily, the water cool and refreshing, parking is tight but I always had a space contrary to other reviews. We will definetly be returning next year. The one room efiency has plenty of room.

Harley Weekend in Sept 2006

by TripAdvisor Member Edco4

We have gone to Wildwood for the last 50 years, 3 times a year. This time of the year was when the American Legion convention was. It is now a Harley “Roar at the Shore” weekend. I enjoy the bikes and these fellow guests add to the enjoyment at the hotel. Yes the parking spaces are tight – but so are all of the other hotels. The room efficiency is smaller than I thought. We always have 5 rooms as a family together, and this year they split us up, which was a problem. I watched them clean the pool daily, I see the cleaning ladies doing a great job, and I agree Eva is socially Very nice and thoughtful person. I have been to no less than 10 other hotels, and the Coliseum is a good, clean hotel, that I would return to again, and would recommend friends of mine to!

Nice for a college kid Not a Family

by TripAdvisor Member cstew

We booked a last minute trip to Wildwood Crest. We were informed by the staff (owner) that the rooms were spacious enough for a family of four. Upon arriving, we discovered the rooms to be so small it was difficult to remain inside the room.
After coping with this dilema, we found the party never ended for several guests. Which would have been fine for the younger crowd but not for a family with small children. A lot of alcohol consumed by suspected family members of the owners wife. A bit runned down and in need of repair.

Had A Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member thogue828

My boyfriend and I made last minute reservations for the Memorial Day holiday weekend and got a room with no problem. When we arrived Debbie was great and even remembered me from when I made the reservations. We met some really nice people who said they go to the Coliseum every year, so we decided to return again this year. When I called to make our '07 Memorial Day reservations, once again Debbie remembered me. We were able to request a specific room with no problem. Being right on the beach, having grills for our us and a pizza resturant on the premises, and a 6pm check out on Memorial Day made this the perfect hotel. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone.

Good Hotel for the Shore

by TripAdvisor Member JJG723

We recently stayed at the Coliseum for the weekend. The management here is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the hotel is in a great location (right on the beach). It's a great hotel to stay at for the shore. A place to rest when you're spending most of your time out on the beach.

Not as good as the last 3 years

by TripAdvisor Member montuorogermann1

This was our 4th yr at the Coliseum and definetly not our best year.... The weather really put a damper on 4th of july , leaving us TOO much time in our room and not enough to do. ... However that is not the fault of the hotel. I was a little annoyed to arrive this year and find that all the rooms had become non smoking... I might have booked elsewhere for my hubby had we been informed of the change in Feb/march when we booked...
My biggest gripe was the mattress!! They are absolutely
HORRIBLE... they werent great in the past years but its now time to replace them. We are still suffering with backaches from the beds!! Also the chairs and patio furniture were looking shabby and falling apart last year ( 06) but this year they are really in bad shape.. again , time to replace them... they are heavily used and necessary. We always get the oceanfront rooms... I love the conveneience of this place , the view is great and the staff and owner are very nice and very accomdating but its time to reinvest in the hotel itself at least a little bit...some new mattresses, lounge chairs and bedding ( fitted sheets or sheets that fit) would go a long way...
May or may not be back next year....

Not pleased

by TripAdvisor Member NorthJerseyFamily

On the positive side, it is in a great location.
The bathroom size was much bigger than I expected have read the other reviews prior to coming down.

Large refrigerator

cable with HBO

No smoking in the rooms

On the negative side

Smoking every else besides the rooms, with ashtrays outside of every room, at the pool area...

Third floor walk up no elevator

Paid premium for ocean front and had the longest walk to the ice machine

The pull out sofa bed was so bad we could not sleep on it. My husband slept on it as a couch, I slept on a beach lounge chair that we had brought with us.

The air conditioner in the living room area did not work.

The linens had horrible stains on them daily

The toilet tissue ran out daily we had to pick some up at the store as the office was closed.

We booked and paid for a room for 6, when we arrived there were 4 pillows in the room, and 2 towels. When we called the front desk to request more pillows, and towels we were instructed to look around the room first. When we assured them that we only had the 4 pillows, and 4 towels they said they would bring some. After 4 hours we called again and were told we would have to come down and pick them up. (We were on th 3d floor and there is no elevator) When we picked up the pillows, we were handed pillow cases to put on them, we were handed towels that needed to be folded (atleast they smelled clean).

The room was not cleaned daily, when I asked the housekeeper about it she told me she had to leave early to take her mother to the doctor. I certainly understand the need to care for a family member, why is there not someone else available to complete the room cleanings? When the room was cleaned the housekeeper turned off the air condtioner so when we returned to the room for lunch etc the room was hot.

As everyone else mentioned the parking is a joke.

Previously having stayed at an effeciency it had a refrigerator, a small oven, 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, and assortment of frying pans pots etc. We only had 2 burners, a small microwave, a large refrigerator. The was no average size frying pan only a very small one, on small pot, and on large pot(we went to walmart and bought a large frying pan to make the children breakfast) There was no flatware for 6 even though once again we paid for 6 and stayed in a room advertised to 6.

The pizza place cleans all of there pans etc right outside underneath the "relaxing sundecks" so there was constantly flies.

All in all I would not recommend this motel for anyone except for a group of college guys wanting to have a beer drinking party time at the beach.

How low can you go?

by TripAdvisor Member mac1796

The moment we entered the room, the nightmare started. The dining room set was looking like my grandma's 1950's outdoor cheap patio set. And then the outdated and old spanish style sofa made me want to run away (very polite way to say it). The kitchen fan was all rusty. Do you need more words to describe how bad this was. Yes you do: let's talk about the batrhroom: exhorbitant price ($300/night), hairs in the tub, broken toilet paper holder, filthy blinds, horrible carpet. I could go on and on, we did not even stayed there one night, we paid the night and left immediately. Please do not go there.

Love the Coliseum

by TripAdvisor Member baker0806

My family and I have been staying at the Coliseum since their grand opening in 2000. The resort is very clean. The view is beautiful. The resort is directly on the beach. There is a restaurant on the premises, which is convenient. They sell pizza, ice cream and other snacks. The resort is in the quiet section of Wildwood Crest and is very peaceful. My entire family will be returning June 2008. The Coliseum offers excellent discount packages. I would recommend this hotel.

Comments