8801 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, 08260, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Granada Ocean Resort

not a pleasurable experience

by TripAdvisor Member natlyn

We have just returned home from a one-nights stay at the Granada Ocean Resort, and it was the worst hotel my family and I had ever stayed at. Our bad experience started as soon as my five year old daughter jumped into the pool, and told me there was "seaweed" stuck on her foot! This so called "seaweed" was clumps of hair floating in the pool! It just went downhill from there.......we then attempted to go into the hot tub, where we then noticed mold growing down the side of it. From that point, my children were not allowed in the pool area.
We then proceeded to go out to dinner and returned around 8:00p.m. Upon entering our room, room#210, there was a very strong odor of urine. My husband and I then decided that for the price we paid ($192.66) was worth going to the front desk to tell them about our concerns. The woman at the front desk was very helpful, and came to our room. Upon entering she very quickly agreed with our findings, that the room had a bad odor. We then returned to the front desk where she called the owner, who, without hesitation said he would not do anything to accomodate us-whether it be swithching our room, or refund. A few minutes later the owner then came to the hotel to tell us personally that if we were unhappy with our room, we could sleep in our car . He had absolutely no concern for us, he got his money for the room, and that was all he was concerned with!

Terrible Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Samsmom518

Quite honestly, I don't remember when it was that we booked a room at the Granada, what I do remember is that it was awful and we did not end up staying there. I've been going to Wildwood for many years with my family. One year, we decided we wanted to go two times, but didn't book the second trip until very late in the season and so our options were limited. My cousin went on-line and found the Granada and it's glorious write-up. She decided to call the Granada to book the room. We checked in and got the key to the room. The second we opened the door we were hit with such a stench - I wanted to vommit! The rug looked like someone either tossed their cookies or didn't make it to the bathroom in time. The furniture was ripped - the room was absolutely disgusting! The mattreses in the bedroom were so old and dirty. There was no way that we were going to be able to stay at the hotel. The one positive thing that I can say is that the woman at the desk did not give us a hard time at all. We explained that these were awful living conditions and that we could not and would not be able to stay at the hotel. She did refund us entirely. The other positive thing is that we lucked out and found that a family had just canceled at the Port Royal and so we were able to get an Ocean Front Suite at the last minute!!

Stay away from this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SRCR

At the first day when we moved in we got leak in the ceiling. Toilet upstairs overloaded and all this water came down to our bathroom. Very bad start of our vacation. It was 12 at night and we were tired from the long drive. All we wanted was to go to bed, but...instead we had to run around trying to find other bathroom because the only way that we could go to the bathroom in our suite was under umbrella. I am sorry but it was not pleasurable few hours. The person at the front desk was helpful, but only what he could do was to stop overloading and cleaning our bathroom with the towels. Honestly, I didn't want to be in this bathroom. Who knows how clean was the water coming from the ceiling.
Everything was broken in the bathroom: towel holders, tooth brush holder. there is no place to hang your towels.
Next...Yes they do have Jacuzzi and the pool but be careful when you're seating in the Jacuzzi, you might get a blue paint on your back. It took me half an hour to scrub the blue pain from my husbands back!!!!
Bed sheets weren't clean. Each of our beds had stains on the be4d sheets which drove me crazy. I couldn't sleep.
The bottom of the coach in the living-room was broken and we had to ask for help to fix it.
Also, we were staying there for 7 days and we really hoped to get a bigger refrigerator. Instead we got small refrigerator where we could keep only soda and few other things.
I stayed in the different hotels in Wildwood and I have to say for sure that this one was TERRIBLE!!!

Dishonest New Owners/Do NOT send them money

by TripAdvisor Member Brendalee118

We had previously stayed at the Granada under the old ownership. We booked our vacation in January for August 07' in the usual way and sent a $1000 deposit. At that point, we were not aware of the Granada being under new ownership. Due to a death in the family and subsequent illness of another family member we were forced to cancel our vacation and contacted the Granada 3 times in July. After speaking to the desk clerk on several occasions regarding our cancellation and refund I was told that I would have to speak to an owner regarding our refund and that she could be reached at the Paradise Inn, another hotel in Wildwood owned by the new Granada Motel owner. It took 5 days and repeated calls and messages before I was finally able to speak to the owner who stated that we would receive a refund. The Granada online policy is full refund minus 20% if cancelled prior to 21 days of arrival date and we were well within those limitations. I have repeatedly phoned and emailed the owner with no response. My phone messages are ignored. Three months have passed and we have yet to receive a refund. The Granada Motel/Resort stole our $1000.00. They do not adhere to their refund policy. They own the Granada and the Paradise. DO NOT SEND THEM $$$$$$!!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member wolfpack12

My wife and her family have been for many years vacationed in Wildwood, NJ and always stayed at the Granada Motel. After they bought a summer home in Deleware my wife and I continued the tradition and take our children to Wildwood and stay at the Granada. The location is great, it is on the beach and there is plenty of sand for all. It seems like it is never crowded at this location. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The price is excellent for what is offered in the rooms and their sizes, especially in NJ. The pool is very clean and the relaxing sounds of the waves is all you here at night. This is our favorite summer vacation spot and we will continue to come as long as the Granada is here.

Nice place to stay; directly on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member Dallas1868

My family and I (meaning over 25 of us) every year for the past 20 years have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest in June/July . Four years ago the hotel that we used to stay at turned Condo and we were referred to the Granada. We called the Hotel directly that year and the following year they managed to get all of us in rooms close to each other and made it all happen with ease. To this day, and we all booked again for 2008, we have been very happy there. Christine (Schdy, NY)

most accomodating resort for my family and very reasonable

by TripAdvisor Member lucanoAlbany

For many years we have been going down to Wildwood Crest for our summer vacation, almost celebrating a family riunion; our group sometime exceed 30 people; finally for the last four years we found the ideal place in the Granada Ocean Resort with the convenience of a jacuzi, swimming pool, barbecue and the beach right under our feet; every year we spent almost ten days at the Granata, but we spent the rest of the year thinking and anxious to come back and hoping that the ownership, remain a family ownership and does not go commercial, loosing that friendly and human touch, that qualify the Granata the best resort.
Again this year I am looking forward to spent few happy days in Wildwood Crest at the Granata Resort.

NIce Family Resort, on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member birdwatcher57

We have a big family reunion vacation every year. When our former hotel changed to condos, we searched madly for another hotel that could accomadate our large group. The Granada was very gracious to us and booked our entire group for the time of year we wanted. We have returned year after year (it's been about five years) and we enjoy it thoroughly. The rooms are clean and they have kept up the facilities each year. We are more than satisfied and that's why we keep coming back.

My favorite place at the Jersey Shore

by TripAdvisor Member Familiestogether

We have been going to the Granada Family Resort for over 20 years. It is a great family resort. The kids love it and can't wait to go back and now they join us with their children. We have stayed in the Oceanfront efficiency and the Oceanview efficiecny. The rooms and bathrooms have always been clean, the maid service has been great. Every year there have been upgrades in the rooms. The swimming pool is maintained daily, and it is heated. There is section of the pool for babies and toddlers. The jacuzzi is an additional feature that is enjoyable and relaxing. All in all, it is a great place to spend a family vacation and create new memories each and every year.

Comments