Pier 6600 Motor Inn

9701 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, 08260, United States
Hotel Icona Diamond Beach
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Pier 6600 Motor Inn

this is truly a great hotel

this hotel is truly a great expirence for all kinds of families. the servis=ce is wonderful. my father has been coming here since he was younger and now he brings all of us down. the staff are so generous and welcoming. it gives a great atmosphere to everybody adults and kids as well. i love this hotel because i think that the rooms are so well kept by the loving maids.
also the food in the resturant is excellent, with so many choices to choose from. also they hav a outstanding gift shop so if oyu would need anything you could just go right downstairs and im sure they will hav it.
i think that pier 6600 is a great place for everybody to stay if they want to have a memorible time while in wildwood!

Upcoming Vacation Stay

My family and I have stayed at Pier 6600 Motor Inn twice. Once I believe in 1999 and in 2004. I read remarks of the June 15, 2006 trip advisor's stay and the rebuttal statement of Mr. Hamilin.

I will be staying at pier 6600 this month, next week to be exact and will provide an account of this stay on this site after the conclusion of our stay. I would like to see how new ownership of this establishment impacts on accomdations and service as my family and I have stayed at thie establishment previously.

Our two stays were enjoyable. The positives were the handwritten confirmation notes by the previous owner, Mrs. Margaret Masciarella. I met her and found her to be a very personable and helpful lady. I found the maids to be friendly, polite. They took very good care of our efficiency room. The pool was excellent with the exception of some of the older clients reserving poolside lounge areas by setting out their towels, on the chairs and table area at 4:00 am in the morning. The gift shop had items that would accomodate most of a vacationing guest's needs.

I would say the negatives I encountered were that the television reception was not clear, specifically on our second trip. I asked at the front desk if they could check into it for me as I found a cable connection to the TV not to be secure. They responded immediately, but there was not much improvement if any. The water for the shower stayed warm only for one shower. I took mine last so my wife and two girls could try and have warm water.
I did not find all staff to be negative, as I said the cleaning staff were very friendly and approachable as I found Mrs. Masciarella to be. However, I did find the coffeeshop lady to be a negative individual and one woman at the front desk upon check in and two other occassions to be a real arrogant, insulting and sour individual. I think that this was the owner's daughter although I do not really know that for certain. I was told who she was by one of the other patrons. I did not allow her to affect my dealings with other staff who I found helpful.

I almost forgot. The gentleman who took care of the pool was excellent. He was always there very early in the morning and at the end of the day. I noticed he constantly took care of the pool. Keeping the pool and surrounding area clean. He was worth every sent they paid him.

Yes, the room could use some updating, particulary the applicances, but they were comfortable and clean. I will be on the fourth flloor north side because I wanted until the last minute to make my reservations. This is where I was the first time we stayed, the second time was second floor pool side. Let us see how this vacations turns out. I'll keep everyone posted.

Such a disappointment!

I stayed at the Pier 6600 this past weekend for the second time in 2 years. My first trip was OK - nothing to write home about. I read the Tripadvisor reviews prior to this stay and went into with into this trip with a positive attitude - with new management and the promise of friendly staff and new additions - I figured the Pier 6600 would be new and improved.

My trip lasted 4 days and 3 nights. I checked in on Friday - and was put in the same room that was mentioned in another review - Room 125. When I walked in, I was immediately upset by the fact that the room smelled like mold, the carpet was dirty, and we were so close to the elevator, stairs, and the doors leading out to the pool/parking lot that it was constant noise of kids yelling, foot traffic, and doors slamming. In addition to all of this, only one of our two keys worked. I immediately went down to the front desk and asked for a room change - I was told that no other motel rooms were available, and just like in the other review, if I wanted to switch to an efficiency, it would be an additional $75 per night. I checked out the efficiency...it was more room than we needed and not in much better shape than the other room, not to mention very expensive. We were stuck, so we asked for another key and went back to 125, planning to make the best out of it. This key also did not work! We went back to the front desk where we were told they would have to have a new key cut for us the next day, and could we deal with one key for the time being...fine. I went to the store and bought wipes to wipe the room down and some air freshener in the hopes of getting rid of the smell.

The following morning we went down to breakfast at the cafe. We both ordered eggs and what we received was a disgusting, runny mess. My boyfriend sent his back and although what came back looked better, we discovered it had only been recooked on one side, the other was still runny and inedible. That afternoon we dropped off our key to have a second one cut for us. When we returned, they gave us the new key - IT DID NOT WORK. We were given no course of action - we were just given our single key back and sent on our way. That evening, we tried to use the phone and received multiple busy signals...when I went to the front desk about it, I was told that they were having "phone problems." Later that evening we were harassed in the hallway by drunk hotel guests returning from the "Velvet Lounge."

There is a note on the outside doors by our rooms saying that the doors will be locked after 8pm - finally some relief! The doors were never locked.

The last morning of our trip, we requested an extended checkout and were granted 30 minutes. Then I received a phone call from an annoyed front desk clerk informing me that checkout was 11am. So much for the kindness of an extended checkout.

Overall, this place is a disaster. I went in with such high hopes and came out disgusted and disappointed. When you take over a new place, it's more important for a consumer to see improvements made to guest rooms rather than the addition of a dance club. A dance club does not make my stay more enjoyable. Clean carpets and better lighting will.

i would never stay here again...ever

my friends and I searched online forever to find a nice hotel on the beach that would actually take us..we're 5 21 year old girls just looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay, not party and trash the place. after many places saying oh, we take prom goers, but not you (adults) a hotel referred us to pier 6600 saying that they take younger people.

we checked out the website and it looked wonderful! beautiful rooms, things to do, right on the beach, jacuzzi.....we booked the room. when we got onto the street we kept going and going and going..very last hotel on the beach, right next to the gated community. and for a wonderufl ambiance, a half-torn down, abandoned hotel on the other side. "great".

of course they gave us a room facing it. we did get a pool side room the next day though. to make a looooong story shorter, the older and younger lady of the hotel seem very genuine and helpful. the men, however, cheated us out of money, and made things difficult telling us they "charge different rates for whoever". the jacuzzi was taken away the day we got there for "repairs" and never came back; there were spots of blood on the sheet; the oven didn't work; the fridge was falling apart;the decor was terrible and old, dirty; to make things better we had to walk 45 minutes just to get to the boardwalk

the only good thing here was the barefoot bar, which was only open for about 3 hours when we stayed, and the pool...
i will never go back. i like to have a good time at the beach without being treated as a child.

have low expectations? then this is the place for you.

My husband & I stayed here one year on a whim. It was okay for 1 night & about same rate as other places. not grand, not perfect, not great, but O.K. We received brochure in mail in ref to packages & such..so we decided to give it another try the following year, did not accept credit cards but was surprised by a thoughtful & very nice touch when we recieved a HANDWRITTEN confirmation letter from the owner confirming receipt of our payment as well as our reservations . We were so excited to go, thought maybe we could start a tradition & go annually. Upon arrival things went from bad to worse. when checking iin they had no record of our payment, thanks goodness I brought confirmation letter along (because I wanted to thank the owner properly for the personal touch face to face) never would have guessed would have needed it to PROVE had already paid deposit for more than 1/2 of total costs! Then they acted as if I was inconviencing them because they had to "research"(which by the way took a few days to do so & that put a dark shadow so to speak, on our vacation. We decided to eat lunch at the "in house" restaurant. We already had previous experience from the year before that we knew there would be a wait to be served our order.very understaffed for the volume of customers they have. While waiting another customer decided that she was tired of waiting & thought that if she became loud, obnoxious & vulgar that it would assist in speeding up the service. She kept pacing back & forth in front of the table inside the restauarnt & also kept walking back into the ktichen where it is staff only. After about 15 minutes of hearing language that should not be tolerated when your in public, expecially when there are small children & senior citizens around. I walked over to her table & quietly requested for her to curb her vulgarity & obnoxious behavior..she flipped out. Long story short, the owner came in & asked what happened. We decided that we were no longer wanting to have lunch much less in that type of atmosphere, and attempted to leave the restaurant. The owner had them convert our order to take out status. Several people came up to me in the lobby by the reception desk to state how appreciative that they were that somebody spoke up in an attempt to stop that negative women & her actions. They were upset of the fact that it took a guest to stop it from becoming worse, staff members should have never tolerated it.
The customers nor myself ever received an apology or anything from staff for that episode. Also never received apology or anything for attitudes or inconvenience the payment issue caused once they did indeed find that payment was made previously in the amount that I stated & also the confirmation letter stated.
Every other aspect of our vacation was pleasant to fantabulous, if Peir 6600 offered an all expense paid weekend I would decline.

Great Family Place

We visited Pier 660 for the July 4th weekend. Upon arrival our room was ready for us, (well before 2:00) which was nice after a 3 hour ride. When we got into our room we were not happy. The room was on the first floor almost under the stairwell. We went back to the desk and they happily accommodated our request for change. The entire staff was very pleasant. Having the outside bbq area was a plus. We were able to get lunch without leaving the motel, which can sometimes become crazy with three kids!
My husband and I especially loved the Tiki Bar.......Stacey was the best. Never a harsh word for the tons of kids that came and asked for a soda or just a straw.
They had a d.j. playing from 2-6 every day. He played everything from the Beach Boys to Bon Jovi. All enjoyed the music.
I would definately recommend this motel.

Eww Eww that smell.......

Let's put it this way..... I don't think any money has been invested in this property in the past 30 years outside of some signage for the "Barefoot Bar" and pool activities on the weekend.

I had the misfortune of staying in room 124 which was a queen bed "motel" room with a shared balcony. The stench from the room was stomach turning - I think they have a severe mold problem. Because of the shared balcony, I could not leave the sliding door open to air things out. The bathroom appeared to be clean, but again last updated circa 1970. The bed was stiff and felt plastic covered.

And this wasn't the worst part........ When I checked in on Saturday I was tired and wanted to take a quick nap before dinner. Unfortunately, there is a DJ at the pool on Saturdays that was so loud I couldn't hear the TV in my room even with all doors closed. Fortunately the DJ was not present for the rest of my stay, but that didn't stop the disruptive noise that I heard all day and all night from the two rear entrance doors that were right next to my room, the elevator right next to my room, and the soda machine - yes, you guessed - right next to MY room! Oh - and I can't forget the shared balcony with room 125 which held 4 twenty something NJ girls who felt it necessary to gather on the 3 X 5 balcony and reminisce about high school at both 7:00 AM and 12:30 PM.

So, why didn't I change rooms you ask??? Well I tried. They had no other rooms available except for a two room suite that would have cost an additional $80 per night. My sister was in one of these rooms and they were no better than what I had with the same funky smell. If I were to have left the property early there would be a penalty fee and I didn't have anywhere else to stay.

Needless to say, this is a less than acceptable property and I hope I can save at least one traveler from the negative experience I had.

Dirty - Checked in somewhere else

My Mom took my nine year old daughter to Wildwood this morning. She had sent a deposit for a two day stay at this motor inn. When they walked into the room they were shocked to find it filthy and dirty. There was wet dirty garbage under the bed. The floors were dirty. There was garbage behind a dresser. The towels looked dirty. The appliances were old and yellow looking. The refrig was gross.

My Mom immediately went to the desk and said that the room was unacceptable. They offered to clean the room, but at that point the thought of staying there made them sick. My nine year old daughter would not sleep in the bed there.

They would not give her back her $200 deposit. There are no refunds. They had already charged her ATM card for the full price of the two room stay. They didn't even want to give that back. She asked to speak to the manager who finally agreed to give her back her money less the $200 deposit. So it cost her $200 plus a headache and she ended up staying somewhere else.

She went up the road and checked into another place we had stayed in the past. Not only was the place clean with a ocean view room, it was cheaper than this place.

Do not waste your time or your money. I have been going to Wildwood each summer for years, this was one of the worst places our family has encountered.

loud and outdated, but okay.

by TripAdvisor Member jsavite

We booked a room for only one night because family was staying at the Seapointe community next door. the room was ugly and outdated, but seemed relatively clean. there were at least 8 obnoxious and loud teenagers staying in the room above us, which was rather annoying. We were in the room as little as possible....we were there for vacation, not to sit in a room. The hallways were also loud and there seemed to be no policing of the premises. it was said that the doors were locked at 8pm for security reasons, but they never were. The pool was dirty and garbage cans overflowed.
our experience wasn't horrible, yet wasn't pleasant either. the brochure that is available online is unrealistic and misleading.

stay somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member akeni

Stayed here july 17- july 21, the hallway carpets are filthy, the rooms are dirty and badly in need of upgrades. The will be knocking it down in a few years to put up condos, so I doubt they will do any upgrading. Stay somewhere else!!!

Comments