Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

Bait and Switch

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 31, 2012

Back in February I received a brochure from this hotel offering a Memorial Day package deal...stay 3 nights for $289.95 plus tax. I figured this was a great deal. The brochure stated to send in a deposit for $140.00 along with the dates requested and if the package was availble the hotel would send confirmation. I did all this and received a confirmation receipt dated 2/29/12 via email showing that they received my deposit and confirmed my stay. So..my husband and I head off to Wildwood on 5/25/12. We get to the hotel to check in and are told that the amount due was $244.00. Hummmm, well this seemed odd to me since the deposit was $140.00 so I figured I owed $149.95 plus tax. I looked over the paperwork that the office gave me and it appeared that I was being charged full price for the room. When I asked the gentleman at the desk why...he told me that the rooms for that package were booked along time ago...I said I booked when I received the brochure in February...he told me that they were booked long before that. This to me is called BAIT AND SWITCH!! I was charged full price PLUS and additional $12.00 per night for the "HOLIDAY WEEKEND". I was never informed that when I sent in my deposit that they were booked nor given the choice as to whether or not I wanted a room at full price. I drove 3 hours to stay ..and most places were already full so I had no choice but to stay and pay approximartely $100.00 more than I expected. The rooms was clean...nothing fancy. The hotel was had guests that totally took up all the spaces for the pool so we could not swim..nor could you get near a BBQ since they were compromised all weekend. The element of some of the people there was horrible! Needless to say I will NEVER stay there again. We left a day early just to get the heck out of there.

Nearby Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

• Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Motel
  • Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Hotel Wildwood Crest

Address: on the Beach at Orchid Rd., Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, 08260, United States

Amenities at Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Suites

Wildwood Crest Travel Forum

Need advice about Wildwood Crest, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Wildwood Crest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Wildwood Crest hotel reviews