Our Members Say
- Reviews: 2985
Alamo Inn: Good location, no frills
We hadn’t pre-booked accommodation here as we wanted to check out the options on arrival. On doing so we found that most places were fairly basic non-chain motels, several of which had been recommended in our Moon Handbook to New Mexico. So we chose one of these which looked reasonable, the Alamo Inn.
It proved to be just as described – nothing fancy but clean and good value. For $45 (including taxes) we got a room with a queen size bed, fridge, microwave and TV. The bathroom was very small, with a shower but no tub (no problem for us but some might not like this I guess – and the small size of the bathroom would have bothered me if we were staying several days).
Most motels in the town are strung out along this busy main road and traffic noise is just about inevitable, as are the occasional whistles from passing trains – although personally I rather like the latter and never mind being woken by them. So although you could get larger fancier rooms in one of the pricier places, to be honest if you’re just crashing for one night to get an early start at the White Sands, as we were, this should suit you just fine, as it did us. And in the event I slept well, despite the traffic, as the bed was comfortable and the sheets fresh and clean, which is all you really need.
The motel has a small pool, which had already been drained for the winter when we were there. A continental breakfast is included in the room rates, but we were leaving early to get to the White Sands as soon as the park opened so we made use of the fridge to store our picnic breakfast overnight instead.
- Reviews: 6810
Oliver Lee Memorial State Park: Camp by the Sacramento Mountains
The campground in Oliver Lee Memorial State Park is located in a pretty area where the Tularosa Basin meets the Sacremento Mountains. There are 48 camping sites in the park. I have not stayed here just wanted to let you know it is available.
- Reviews: 13
Alamogordo KOA: Staying in your camper?
This is one of the nicer KOA's that I've seen in my travels. It's fully fenced, lots of trees, complete with electric and water hook up, a laundry mat, gift shop, shower facilities and real bathrooms (not porta potties..haha).
Unique Quality: Located less than a mile from the mall and super Kmart, the Sheriffs office and a couple of bank drive thrus with ATMS
- Reviews: 29
Earl's 4 star: LIttle hidden BnB
You cant tell by the outside or surrounding area or even the inside for that matter, but this place really is a dump. I am sure there is beds in there somewhere along with Bum vomit. It sure is roomy though!
Unique Quality: Great view of the sky from the holes in roof, the non-existant windows keep you in touch with ambient temperatures.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Popular Hotels in Alamogordo
1101 S. White Sands Blvd., Alamogordo
3204 North White Sands, Alamogordo
1295 Hamilton Road, Alamogordo
Explore the World
- Pelican Inn Airport Hotel
- Old Manor Country House
- The Cottage
- The Langham, Auckland
- Grange Fitzrovia Hotel
- Americas Best Inns Huntsville
- SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North
- Hampton Inn Tropicana
- Thistle Westminster
- Number 11 Townhouse
- Ai Tagliapietra B&B
- Albergo Casa Peron
- Herzen House Hotel St. Petersburg
- Alamogordo: Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Alamogordo: Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Alamogordo: Hotels Up to 50% off!
- www.priceline.com Great Low Prices, Pictures, and Guest Reviews. Book Now!
- Alamogordo: Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Latest Alamogordo hotel reviews
- Alamogordo: Great Rates from [PRICE]
- Travelocity Great Rooms. Great Rates. Hotel rooms at up to 50% off.
- Alamogordo: Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Alamogordo: Save up to 50% Off!
- getaroom.com Best Rates Guaranteed and No Fees!
- Alamogordo: Book Now - Pay Later!
- Venere.com Best Prices & No Cancellation Fees! Hotels, Apartments, B&Bs and More!