Adobe Nido Bed & Breakfast

1124 Major Ave. NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87107, United States

More about Adobe Nido Bed & Breakfast

Wonderful Experience

Great quarters and comfortable common spaces. Visitors will instantly feel at home in a clean, comfortable, and warm environment. Sarah and Rol were not only wonderful hosts, but great trip advisors, themselves. They were right on with each of their recommendations. These were no "pie-in-the-sky" recommendations, but realistic assessments of what their guests wanted to see, do, or experience. Not only did we enjoy their recommendations and their company, but they had the knack of putting us at ease with other guests. They would be a great couple to stay with for the novice bed and breakfast traveller along with the experienced B&B-er. We stayed five days and wished we could have stayed longer.

A Wonderful Welcome to Albuquerque

by TripAdvisor Member MC Wanderlust

What a wonderful welcome to Albuquerque I received from the innkeepers, Sarah and Rol. I spent 5 nights at the Adobe Nido during my relocation to Albuquerque. I felt like I stayed with family. Their warmth helped me feel at ease during my first week of work at my new job.

The Burrowing Owl Nest Room was attractive, cozy, and comfortable. I especially enjoyed opening my window at night, falling asleep to the sound of the waterfall.

The Adobe Nido B&B is a fantastic place to stay.

Wonderfull quaint, friendly & relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member WindsongSailing

What a haven! Sarah and Rol are the epitome of the perfect hosts! Adobe Nido reminds me of B & B's throughout Europe where you stay with a family , get to know them and the local culture and remain life long friends.

Staying at Adobe Nido with Sarah and Rol is defintely comfort food for the soul.

Exceptional !!

by TripAdvisor Member Dani&Nonie

Are you kidding?? Adobe Nido is incredible - so is Sarah and Rol!!

It was a shot in the dark, but their website lured me in....and they actually responded to e-mail inquiries!! Absolute best B & B experience we ever had.
We stayed 5 nights...well, until we were snowed in for 3 more (bummer, huh?) Their hospitality and responsiveness was off-the-charts. The accommodations were exceptional; Clean, Wood Duck and Burrowing Owl are perfect size rooms for 2, heated floors in the bathrooms(!!), comfortable bed, TV/DVD (library by the pooltable), bathrobes for the sauna...you packed yet?
Full breakfasts; Blueberry pancakes, omlettes, fresh fruit, juice, and VERY good coffee!
Day trip suggestions were spectacular. In short, we will be back....soon!

Authentic, Perfect, and very caring

by TripAdvisor Member MorenaMassachussets

Albuquerque, Adobe Nido B&B
Dec 28, 2006 -Jan 5, 2007

This was the first time that my son and I traveled to New Mexico. Our trip was carefully planned and special attention given to our safety and tranquility. We were delighted with our stay at Adobe Nido. I wanted my son to experience an authentic "adobe " style accomodation in a more personal and familial environment. The B&B is run by a great couple , Sara and Ron, who are friendly, happy, accomodating, and very generous. Your morning will start with a homemade breakfast, delicious, and in great company.
The Room we stayed was more than perfect. It was spacious, (two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, a bathroom with a jacuzzi , and a living room with a fire place). All well furninshed. The grounds of the property was lovely with the addition of a sauna outside.
The Adobe Nido is very well located. It is very close to the Pueblos Cultural Center, the Old Town, and conveniently closed by a supermaket if needed.
I also found the owners very helpful and giving information about the town and potential trips..
My son and I were caught up in that incredible snowstorm and our stay was five days longer than planned. Sara and Ron were incredilble in accomodating us and kindly helped us out
more than needed. We left New Mexico pleased. We not only had a great time, but also, made new friends. I greatly recommend this B&B. Why not to see it for yourself??.

Welcoming and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Megolicious

We just returned home from 2 nights at Adobe Nido and we are already talking about a return visit! We were very pleased with the comfort and charm of our room, the common spaces and the wonderful ammenities (the sauna is amazing!) It is a quiet and relaxing place to escape.

The highlight of our stay was the warmth and friendliness of our hosts Sarah and Rol. They made us feel at home immediately with their open minds, and warm hearts.

We are frequent B&B users and we cannot recommend Adobe Nido highly enough.

Loved the hot tub!

by TripAdvisor Member Sam_and_Mike_Hall

Adobe Nido makes a brilliant base in Albuquerque. The adobe house is beautifully decorated and furnished in south western desert style (not at all twee) and the rooms are homely and very comfortable with their own jaccusi baths - perfect for soothing your jet lag away! Sarah and Rol make superb hosts. Their warm welcome was natural enough to make even a normally shy Brit feel at home and they are a mine of information on where to go, park, eat, shop, camp or whatever else might take your fancy. Leave space in your waistband for breakfast too - Rol's blueberry pancakes are delicious!

a wonderful surprise

by TripAdvisor Member BandBs

We contacted the property directly, after seeing it listed and reviewed on the web. We know Albuquerque fairly well, and we were a little dubious about the location. But, we had a great experience. The owners are super nice, the location was convenient to everything we wanted to do, and the breakfasts were delicious. We met some very nice people who were staying there at the same time. The dog is polite and the enclosed garden has a lot of interesting features. We rented the larger family suite, and it would definitely be suitable for a family with several children. The kitchen was fully stocked with all cooking utensils, pots and pans, so you don't have to eat out for lunch or dinner all the time. It's real adobe, so you can experience SW ambience at it's best.

Absolutely Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member lavaldc

After spending six nights at Adobe Nido, there is no where else I will stay when I return to Albuquerque. Sarah and Rol are the ultimate hosts. They have thought of every detail to make their guests comfortable. My room (Burrowing Owl Nest) was cozy, beautifully decorated and included all the comforts of home (jacuzzi, robes, natural soaps, moisturizing body wash, bath salts, magazines, even a scented candle). Every delicious breakfast included fresh fruit, juice, eggs, meat, bread, muffins, and freshly brewed coffee (to die for!). I looked forward to my morning chats with Sarah and Rol. I'm planning to relocate to Albuquerque, and was able to learn a lot about the area from them. It was also very relaxing to chat in the beautifully landscaped courtyard with birds chirping and water running in the fountains. Staying at the Adobe Nido was an awesome experience for me. I'll be back very soon!

Loved this Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member chicagovisitor_7

We stayed at Adobe Nido for two nights in December. Everything about this bed and breakfast is great. Our room was extremely comfortable, spacious, and spotless -- we loved the radiant heat floors. Adobe Nico is located in a quiet neighborhood, less than a mile trom the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (which is not be missed) and a short drive to various restaurants and attractions. We really enjoyed talking with Rol and Sarah, our hosts, who are very knowledgeable about the city, its history, current events, and activities. This is one bed and breakfast where you can expect to have some really substantive conversation and where people of diverse backgrounds would feel comfortable. Breakfasts in Rol and Sarah's comfortable kitchen were fresh and deliciously prepared. If you are lucky, you will have some of Rol's delicious french toast. The next time we are in Albuquerque we will head straight to Adobe Nido. We highly recommend it to eveyone.
Visitors from Chicago.

Sandi Crest, snow in OctoberSandi Crest, snow in October

Son fooling around at Albuquerque, New MexicoSon fooling around at Albuquerque, New Mexico

“Southwest Pieta”“Southwest Pieta”

Fueling the BalloonFueling the Balloon

Planning to relocate to the albuquerque area or town w/ reasonable commute

by ncday

I will be job searching in the albuquerque area in early may, checking out rio rancho as well. What are the best commuting towns to reach albuquerque? & What other towns have decent employers. I plan to buy my home outright (180,000 - 200,000)+/- range. I have about a week.

RE: Planning to relocate to the albuquerque area or town w/ reasonable commute

by kymbanm

The area you want to live in depends on what type of lifestyle you are looking for .... Rio Rancho was a suburb of ABQ, but is now it's own town w/ it's own urban sprall. So, are you looking for suburbia? native cultures? horse land? country or ??? upscale or ??? ( You can mail me on VT if you want to answer these in a less public forum ) It's a buyer's market right now, and your pricerange will buy you a good sized home - depends on the location :) just be cautious of the 'mini-mansions' on the west side - most were built very quickly and I'm not impressed w/ their quality, though they look really nice :)

If you like a more country feel, and get a job in Rio Rancho - look into the homes in Bernalillo - town north of Rio Rancho w/ older and newer homes, small town feel, bigger town ammenities... also the location of the annual wine festival :)

RE: Planning to relocate to the albuquerque area or town w/ reasonable commute

by noellelinn

I recommend the area around Tramway and Montgomery. It's a really nice area. all the good schools are in the north-eastern part of town. There is one private school, Albuquerque Academy, which is located at Academy and Wyoming, for example.

The commute in Albuquerque is not too bad compared to most big cities. It will take about 45 minutes to get from Tramway and I-40 to Coors and Montano, and about 45 minutes to get from downtown to Rio Rancho, for reference. There are a lot of shortcuts you can take to get around, as the whole city is grid-based.

Comments