310 Rio Grande Blvd SW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, NM 87104, United States
Priceline.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Casa De Suenos

Great Hotel- Great Location!

Our recent trip to visit relatives in Albuquerque was made especially enjoyable at the Casas de Suenos. Our family lives in the Country Club area near Old Town and we were able to entertain several family members in the "Pinon Suite" a two bedroom suite located in the middle of the compound. The full kitchen in the suite was great for us to prepare snacks and drinks. The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast each morning in the Sun Room was fabulous. We ate at the the new "St. Clairs" Wine Bistro located a on Rio Grande and enjoyed sampling the many New Mexico Wines they carry and had a great meal in the Bistro. The Casas de Suenos is a charming Inn and we expect to return next year to visit our relatives.

The Good and Bad of it....

My husband and I had two nights over Easter Weekend at Casas de Suenos. We felt the person who greeted us and showed us our room was pleasant and informative. The room was a nice size, clean and decorated well. The only drawback was the mattress! Which I have to say was one of the worst I have ever endured! It was a king with the right hand side sagging about 40% deeper than the left side. You could see it was a problem when you walked in the door. Since we were there over Easter we decided not to do anything about it thinking it would be okay--well it wasn't.

The breakfast was very good, and the chef and waitress were very helpful with tourist information. We thought the neighborhood was fine, and walked every morning before breakfast with no problem. When we checked out, the desk person never asked how our stay was, and I didn't bother telling him, he really didn't seem interested. I think I would try a different place next time I am in Albuquerque.

Enjoyed our stay!

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms have a very homey feel, which was quite nice since we stayed for three days. Our suite, the "turquoise suite", also had a small kitchen. The complimentary breakfast consisted of pancakes or french toast, bacon, eggs cooked to order, fresh fruits, pastries, yogurt, coffee, and tea. The staff was very friendly and helpful and there is also a computer in the lobby to check e-mail. We would definitely stay again.

nice little place

by TripAdvisor Member 14tennis

Stayed at Casas for one night while in ABQ on a job interview. This was a cute little place to stay and I'd stay here again, hopefully a bit longer next time. Casas has a nice location to "Old Town", which is just a short 2 blocks away. It's an easy walk to the nearby museums and shops.

I stayed in the "Suenos" casita.
What I liked about this place-
1)its not your usual hotel or B&B. You have your own little space-kitchen, bedroom, bath, & living area. Also you enter through your own front entry rather than having to enter through the lobby as you come and go and you park right outside your front door.
2) it had the basics covered: coffee pot, tea pot, fridge, microwave, pots/pans, dishes for 4 people, ironing board, hair dryer. There's also computer/printer in the lobby for guest use.
3) Mitchell who runs the place is super nice and helpful but not intrusive.

Regarding the size of the Suenos casita. It could comfortably accommodate 2 people and 4 of you really want to cram in there. There is one bedroom and a fold-out sofa to sleep additional folks, but the bathroom is tiny and you have to walk through the bedroom to get to it. The kitchen table seats 2, but if the weather is nice (as it often is in ABQ), there is a patio table for 4 just outside the kitchen door. The kitchen is small, so I'd recommend only one person in there cooking, but hey, its your own kitchen. I didn't cook while I was there, but I did order food from a nearby restaurant in Old Town, stow it in the fridge, and heat it up later...not something you can do in most hotels.

Of course, there are some drawbacks to this place. If you have to head out early like I did, you'll miss breakfast, which is 7:30-10am (So, I just grabbed a few pastries from a bakery in Old Town.) The casitia did have a bit of a musty smell, as if it had been closed up for a while. It wasn't overwhelming, but I opted to leave my "interview" attire hanging in my rental car overnight to prevent the smell from permeating my clothes. Also, I'm a bit of a light sleeper. The heater makes a clicking noise as it turns on/off, so it kept me up most of the night. In hindsight, I should have just turned the darn thing off and added another blanket to the bed. As mentioned previously, the bath is tiny (as is typical of older buildings). I ended up putting my makeup on in the closet. It actually had a full length mirror, a shelf to put everything on and decent lighting.

Loved this place!

We stayed in the Ivy Cottage located in the Garden Area of the Compound. This is one of the cutest suites they have and is not listed on their website. The grounds have recently been completely landscaped in the main courtyard with walls, walkways, flowers and fountains. Our unit had a private courtyard with a flagstone fountain and was very nice to sit outside in the evenings. The place in 1.5 blocks off central avenue and although it looks like a residential neighborhood it is still in the middle of downtown Albuquerque. We walked two blocks to Old Town each day, visited most of the Museums including the Albuquerque Museum of Art (Very Nice), the Atomic Museum and the Natural History museum. The Aquarium and Botanical Gardens are also very nice and within walking distance. Contrary to a couple of other postings, we found the staff and management to be very friendly and accommodating. The property is going through a transition, but we saw very little of the work going on during our week stay. Our room was had new furniture and the maids did a very good job cleaning each day. We ate breakfast in the garden outside the breakfast room each morning (what a treat!). This is not the Four Season's but is one of the nicest places we have seen in Albuquerque and is well worth a visit.

Comments