Econo Lodge East Alburquerque

Delicious ChoicesDelicious Choices

The Balloon Fiesta Chase CrewThe Balloon Fiesta Chase Crew

Trumble Village

by MichellefromNJ

Hello. I'm moving to Trumble Village (my friend gave me the neighborhood name, he's the landlord) in December of this year. I was wondering if anyone can give me any information about the area. He said it's low income, but that doesn't tell me much.

Is shopping accessible? Is it a safe neighborhood? Is there stuff to do for my 3 1/2 year old? Are job available (I'm a secretary and my husband is a computer dork)? Is it okay to walk around at night? Is there public transportation? Anything to be concerned about/ watch out for?

In addition to these questions, any general information you're able to provide would be great. My e-mail is michelledarby@gmail.com if anyone has time to make a new friend.

Thanks!

RE: Trumble Village

by AlbuqRay

Michelle, I had a hard time finding information but then figured out it is Trumbull Village. This link gives the boundaries http://www.abqpartnership.org/trumbull.html and there are many more links if you search on "trumbull village albuquerque." I have to say that it is still considered a pretty rough area but I should not judge. It may have changed a lot since the city is working hard to improve conditions. One of my favorite restaurants, Fil-Am, is located in that area. It is close to Kirtland AFB (jobs?) and there are probably bus routes on most of the major streets. The uptown area (biggest mall) is about 3 miles north on Louisiana. I would not walk around at night in that area.

RE: Trumble Village

by prometheus

The Trumble area has many problems with crime. The neighborhood association is working hard and has made some progress. This is one of the highest crime rate areas in Albuquerque with respect to drugs and shootings. It is not a place you would choose to live in.

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Weekly Alibi

by danmike

This free, weekly, alternative paper is a must-have for your weekly entertainment planning. It is full of reviews and event listings on upcoming music, art, theater and film. It includes excellent restaurant reviews and food talk.

You can pick up a copy of Weekly Alibi at coffeeshops, restaurants, supermarkets and other retail businesses across the city. Look for their blue newspaper boxes around town.

Phone: 505-346-0660
Email: alibi@alibi.com

UNM Lobos

by JamesABQ

"One of college basketball's most famous and recognizable buildings, University Arena is the home of New Mexico men's and women's basketball".

The University of New Mexico Lobos and Lady Lobos basketball teams play here. "The Pit" is also used for other events throughout the year. Lobos jersey.

Somewhere over the Rainbow ...

by kymbanm

This was an unexpected and wonderful day tour! When we were unable to fly our balloon this morning due to wind .... my car buddy and I decided to explore the area near our current launch site. We wandered dirt roads, marveled at quail, jack rabbits the size of my labrador at home, cotton tails, coyote and more .... we found Pinon at a lower elevation than we'd ever seen before ...... as we drove we were amazed at the life in the desert. The rare homestead was passed ...... at the end of the road was the real treat: a view unlike any I'd seen before ........

To find our route, take Southern or Northern out of Rio Rancho westbound. Turn right/north on Rainbow Blvd. Take it miles and miles down the dirt track. Once you get to the trees, slow a bit. Once it gets sandy, get ready for the view :)

To return, you can come straight back down Rainbow, or do as we did and take other dirt roads. The road that finally met up w/ pavement again has an unknown name to me.

As you are returning southbound, and after you pass the relic that used to be a car at the side of the road, look for a dirt road on your left w/ a stop sign. Take that along the power lines until you get to pavement. You're then on Unser. If you go north until it ends, you'll be at Northwest Corridor. Take a right turn, and when that ends, you'll be on 44/550 between San Ysidro and Bernalillo.

Enjoy this adventure :)

A True New Mexican Dining Experience

by LynninNM about El Pinto

This is the place where the locals-in-the-know go. El Pinto is a beautiful New Mexican restaurant in the North Valley of Albuquerque. In Spring, Summer and Autumn you can dine on one of their lovely outside patios while enjoying the music of strolling mariachis. Most areas are shaded from the sun by large trees, patio umbrellas or roofing. In the evenings or on chilly days, there are heaters throughout. This is the most picturesque restaurant in town by far, if you're looking for great New Mexican atmosphere. It can also be very romantic! Over the years we've tried just about everything on their menu, but our favorites are the combination plates. There are four now, I believe, and any of them will give you a chance to sample several of our NM favorites such as chile rellenos, carne adovada and enchiladas.

CHILI DOGS

by lemon4juice about Dog House

WANT SOME CHILI? If you like to taste the local chilis of New Mexico, try eating at Dog House. the place was small but inside you'll be amazed by lots of customers eating. I tried the chili burgers, it's delicious. But chilis are a little bit smelly so don't eat if you have a date wheew.

Comments