1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87102, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Mediocre at best

I've stayed in many Embassy Suites, and I would consider this one to be mediocre. The bathrooms were REALLY dirty. I stayed in 2 rooms over the course of a week, because they had to move me mid-stay. There was hair stuck to the door frame behind the bathroom door in BOTH rooms. The tub enamel was chipped in BOTH rooms. Pigeons had taken roost on one of the windows, and their was bird poop on the windows and ledge below the windows in BOTH rooms. The outside of the tub was dirty in BOTH rooms. In one room, there was toothpaste from other guest's spit running down the kleenex dispenser in the bathroom. In the second room, housekeeping forgot to empty the trash one day, so every can was overflowing by the next day. They also didn't clean the inside of the microwave.

I usually really appreciate the full, warm cooked breakfast that comes included with every room. This Embassy Suites is no exception. Breakfast includes made-to-order omelets and waffles and self serve scrambled eggs, french toast and potatoes. Also included are soft drinks, juices, coffee/tea, sweet rolls, muffins, oat meal, fruit, bagels and toast, etc. This is the first Embassy Suites that I've ever stayed at where the French Toast was stiff/crusty. My kids had to cut the crust off because it was so hard and just eat the centers. I don't know if this is because they didn't soak the bread long enough or if they just left it sitting too long. It may be the latter because a firm layer also formed on the scrambled eggs. I have never seen this at any other Embassy Suits.

The manager's receptions at this Embassy Suites are rather pathetic. Chips and salsa EVERY night. One night we also got fruit and marshmallows mixed with whip cream. Another night we got guacamole. And on 2 other nights we got pretzels mixed with peanuts. Other nuts JUST chips and salsa. Pretty pathetic!

Another thing that bothered me was that they wouldn't let you bring outside food into the manager's reception. I had ordered take out for dinner that night, and it happened to be delivered while my kids and I were at the manager's reception. I didn't want to eat it there, but hotel management wouldn't even let me stand it on a chair until we went up to our room. That didn't really bother me. There is a sign that states, "No outside food, " or something to that effect. However, two nights later another family was eating take out (in styrofoam boxes) during the manager's reception.

As Embassy Suite's go, this one isn't very good. However, you might have a difficult time finding anything better in Albuquerque.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a clean indoor pool with plenty of towels, a small video game room and a workout room. There is a small coffee shop that sells Starbuck's coffee drinks, danishes, candy, salads, sandwiches, toys, and other sundries. The hotel also has a laundry room. The wash is $1.00 and each dry is $1.00. They will sell you a small box of detergent for $1.00. So for $3.00, you can do a load of laundry, though the dry cycle is a bit short and everything may not dry.

Directions: Near intersection of I-25 and I-40.

• Artcidic's Profile Photo

Embassy Suites Albuquerque

A free full cooked to order breakfast and free alcoholic drinks for 2 hours are included with your rate. Beautifully decorated all suite hotel with microwaves and refrigerators. To book call : 1-800-EMBASSY for any location across the US.

Unique Quality: Almost every suite has a city or mountain view. You can't go wrong with this hotel. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, day spa and fitness center.

Directions: close to downtown; right off of I-25 and Lomas Exit # 225

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Albuquerque

Wonderful...perfect.

I just returned from a 4 day trip to Albuquerque. I stayed at the Embassy Suites. I have to say this was a wonderful Hotel with everything and anything you could possibly need from a hotel. The staff was wonderful and very courteous. The "free" breakfast was unbelievable. You could order pretty much anything. The managers reception was excellent. Any free drink you could ask for from Coke to Margaritas. The location was central to any sigtseeing your heart desires. Perfectly clean and Immaculate. Wonderful hotel for the money.

Very clean

by TripAdvisor Member HLJolly

We stayed at this hotel for almost 3 months, while looking for, and then closing on a house. For having to be in a hotel for such a long period of time, it was great. There are 2 televisions in each room, which was great for the kids. The staff was unbelievably courteous and kind. They went out of their way to accomodate us, knowing our situation. We had two toddlers w/ us, which was not always easy.
The computer at the business center is open 24 hours, which I loved. This hotel is frequented by celebrities since it's opening. While we were there, several A-listers stayed. We plan on renting a room again, next month to bring the kids swimming.
The only thing I did not like, was the job the aestetician did in the Spa. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that great either.

New Albuquerque Embassy Suites - wow!

I spend several nights in Albuquerque every year. Most of the hotels are in poor shape, although prices are pretty reasonable. The new Embassy Suites is beautiful! Well trained staff, clean rooms, decent breakfast, etc. Exercise room is better than average. Highly recommended.

Outstanding!!

by TripAdvisor Member Debits2000

We stayed here for 4 nights during Thanksgiving. We were in town not only to visit with family but my husband had outpatient surgery as well the day before Thanksgiving. Everything was EXCELLENT. The hotel is beautiful and the breakfasts were super with cook to order: eggs, omlettes, waffles, pancakes.

Only made it to "Managers reception" one night, but the drinks were good and you while you could get only one at a time, you could go back for another. There were chips and salsa available and chex mix. As it was the night after Thanksgiving, they must have had leftover dessert, which they also put out for us!

And the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The night of husband's surgery, he got really ill from the anesthesia and pain meds and was quite ill. I went down to the little shop to buy some gingerale but they didn't have any. So I went over to the bar and asked for a glass without ice. The bartender asked if I was ill and said it was for my husband who had just had surgery. He gave me a big glass and didn't charge me. Then later on I went down and grabbed a fast dinner alone. All hubby wanted was an ice cream, which I was going to get from the shop. However, by the time I finished eating, it was after 9. I didn't think it would be a problem since the shop was supposed to be open to 10; but apparently they closed early due to the "holiday". The staff was most apologetic that the shop had closed early. However, the folks at the front desk, hearing what I wanted {an ice cream for hubby who just had surgery} they actually opened up the shop and gave me 2 ice creams, again with no charge! I was floored. So the staff there really gets 2 thumbs up from us.

The rooms were CLEAN, fresh and nicely decorated. We faced the interstate, but it was quiet. The bathrooms were good size with Neutragena products.

All in all, this was an excellent choice for us.

Great suites, & food

by TripAdvisor Member PennyD

Stayed 2 days, great hotel, many features and services; extensive breakfast included (w/ cook-to-order omelettes); suite was large and very comfortable. Disgraceful, though, that they charge $9.95/day for wireless HS internet access.

Bait-and-Switch

we reserved a smoking room, had this confirmed at check-in, but upon reaching the room discovered it to be non-smoking. we called the desk, hoping for a change of room, and were told there were no 'smoking' rooms in the hotel, and to 'smoke on the balcony.' in January. with 18 degree F temperature.

additionally, there were no facial tissues, and the toilet tissue quality was sub-standard.

we cancelled our remaining nights. beyond the computer-generated 'we got your email' correspondence, have heard nothing whatsoever from the company.

Beautiful and comfortable with great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member DancingQueen76

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in August 2005. The rooms are extremely comfortable, and the entire property is beautiful. The breakfast is excellent and includes everything you could possibly want. We also ate in the restaurant and used room service, and the food was consistently excellent. The restaurant was understaffed but the overworked waitress was gracious under fire. Our kids loved the pool and hot tub.

Good breakfast; lousy room service and Spa

by TripAdvisor Member NiceLawyer

Rooms are comfortable two room suites. Nice decor, comfortable beds, and a nice lobby. Room service delivered cold food. Each room comes with breakfast in the AM and it is served in the large atrium in the center of the hotel. The breakfast buffet is large and diverse- Plenty of fresh fruit and healthy choices as well as heart clogging foods. Complimentary news papers and nearby coffee and tea bar are a nice plus. The Spa is OVERRATED. I definately don't recommend you pay their inflated prices for a massage. They left me waiting 20 minutes beyond my appointment, never checked on me to see if I needed anything while I waited, and the 50 minute massage felt like it was performed by a maid. It was little more than a rub down. Spa is a big disappointment.

Comments