2601 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87106, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Albuquerque

The working train that stops at Tingley boathouseThe working train that stops at Tingley boathouse

Lower level interiorLower level interior

Pay HerePay Here

Outside Ponderosa Tasting RoomOutside Ponderosa Tasting Room

Not a question - a notice!

by Babzz

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I've posted a VT meet for mid-February if anyone will be in the area and interested. You can find it here:

Hope you can come!

by AlbuqRay

I am interested. Hopefully we can find a restaurant. :)

by Babzz

Great! I was thinking Thursday would work too, if not Friday. I'd love to try something really "New Mexican."

by AlbuqRay

Either or both works for me right now. I have an Albuquerque tip that talks about the "best" New Mexican restaurants. I am sure there are other opinions too. Padilla's is relatively near where you are staying. Taking the Railrunner to Tomasita's in Santa Fe is also an option (have not done that myself yet).

by kymbanm

*waving hands above my head*
Me! Me too!
I'm actually off that day, a novel concept, I know ....

by Babzz

You're off Thursday or Friday? Padilla's sounds good, as does the one in Santa Fe, but since I'm heading there later I'll probably test it out then.

LOL
I forgot which days, but I think I'm off on Thursday. Someone just let me know when and where to be someplace - Ray has my cell# and even knows how to find my house :)

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Summer Sizzle Concerts

by Ken_Weaver

Each summer during the month of July, the city puts on concerts in the main downtown park every Saturday. The concerts are free and well attended. In the evening, top name acts are featured. The first one I went to was classic rock and roll....featuring the Coasters and the Drifters doing their songs from the late 50's and 60's. The second concert that I went to was the Latin Show...featuring "La Familia" with Little Joe. I had never heard of this group but the group seemed to really revere this group and leader.

Crosses along the road ....

by kymbanm

Since I moved to New Mexico over 15 years ago, I noticed an odd (to me) tradition. Crosses, plastic flowers, and other memorabilia along various stretches of the roadside seemd a constant companion as I traveled from point A to point B. I came to understand that these memorials were in honor of those who died on these roadways. I found these shrines on city streets, country roads, and larger interstates. At locations where I knew the story of the lives lost, I would take the time to say a silent prayer ..... These little bits of local tradition became roadtrip companions as well as a personal reminder for me to be cautious while behind the wheel.

(Photo from the below website until I can take to time to stop and take some pics of my own)

And just today, I learned what these memorials are called:
descanso n. a roadside marker or memorial to a victim of an automobile accident.
Etymological Note: From Spanish descanso ‘resting place (of a dead person),’ from the verb descansar ‘to (have a) rest.’

Ponderosa Winery

by AlbuqRay

Just north of the Jemez Pueblo turn back east on a small paved highway. Go about 6 miles and the Ponderosa Winery is on the left hand side. You can do some free wine tasting. Their Rieslings are reasonably good.

Over 30 years in Business & Still Packing Them In!

by Ken_Weaver about Sadies

The restaurant was always on all the locals lists as a place to go. I ate there three times and really enjoyed all occasions. Service is prompt and efficient and the food was very good. The restaurant apparently was in a small location and moved to this larger location. I went on Monday and Tuesday nights and it was still packed! The dish I liked best was the Carne Avovada Enchilada dinner, priced at $9.95. A word of advice about New Mexico....green chile predominantly and sometimes red chile are the condiments of choice in every restaurant including MacDonalds and Burger King! It is used on virtually everything even at breakfast!

BURGERS, BURGERS!

by lemon4juice about Mc Donalds

BURGERS! - Mc Donalds, old time favorite of those who love burgers. But don't expect that Mc Donalds will be serving the same thing as with your country. Example: in McDO HK- they don't serve Biscuits, but in US they do, and McDo Philippines they serve rice and spag, but in US and Hong Kong they don't. And McDo China and Philippines, they serve Congee but in HK and US, they don't :) Hash Browns!

Comments