Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque I 40 Eubank

10330 Hotel Ave NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87123, United States
Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
IHG Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Albuquerque

Gratefully Deadicated since 1994!Gratefully Deadicated since 1994!

Don Luis Plaza....where the tour startsDon Luis Plaza....where the tour starts

APD Mobile Crime lab and other equipmentAPD Mobile Crime lab and other equipment

Northern NM WineriesNorthern NM Wineries

Moving to Albuquerque... and saw a sweet rental... is the area okay?

by Belle1300

I was in Albuquerque last week to check out the area and found a rental house located North of Lomas, East of Louisiana, West of Pennsylvania and just south of the Jerry Cline Park. The house itself is in great shape, owners seem nice enough... the neighborhood appears older with some nice and some not so nice on the same street and the adjacent streets - any advice about that area? Thanks for your help!

by Belle1300

I think this area was referred to as Uptown...

by AlbuqRay

I have a friend who has lived in that neighborhood for many years and really likes it. You certainly would be close to the Uptown shopping centers and restaurants, which are north of I-40. If you are a tennis player, the location could not be better.

by Belle1300

Thanks so much for your help. Looking forward to becoming a resident...

by NM-Photojournalist

"Generally speaking"...that small area is OK. Of course you know as well as any of us, it's usually not the neighborhood...but the neighbors. It just takes one rotten apple. :-) Hopefully, you'll be surrounded by good apples. "South" of Lomas is a whole different story. Your location is indeed in the midst of many restaurants, fast food places, mini-malls, ABQUptown (Louisiana & Indian School), and Coronado Mall to mention a few. I cannot think of where the nearest supermarket may be though. You may have to drive a ways for that. Welcome to Albuquerque! You'll love our mild, year-round weather!

by Belle1300

Thanks so much! Can't wait to get there...

by AlbuqRay

Ah, this response reminds me. I talked to my friend. Is the rental from Jim Hansen on Summer Street?

by Belle1300

Hi Ray - no, it's actually just off of Summer Street - on Chama....

by AlbuqRay

Ah well. Christina had told me that there was a house for rent across the street from them. It would have been a real coincidence if it had been yours.

by Belle1300

Very true, it is a small world... Hey Ray - it looks like we are arriving a few days before we can move into our rental. We're looking for a pet friendly hotel and found the Plaza Inn - 900 Medical Arts Avenue - seems like it has received decent reviews and being 3 miles from Old Town, 1 mile from UNM - an okay area - any thoughts sir? Thanks!

by AlbuqRay

I am not familiar with the Plaza Inn. I know that CesVT stayed at the Econo Lodge next to I-25 just east of there. I don't know if it is pet friendly. That area is a little iffy at night. Did you look for anything on Hotel Circle (I-40 and Eubank) or the Barcelona Suites (Louisiana and Lomas)?

by Belle1300

I'll check out the Econo and see what other options may be available. Thank you!

by AlbuqRay

Also Babzz recently visited and considered the Plaza Inn area. You can see the responses to her forum question, "Walking Safety?" at http://forum.virtualtourist.com/discussion-456522-1-1-Travel-0-0-Albuquerque-discussion.html . There are differing opinions.

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Christmas Eve in New Mexico

by kymbanm

Christmas in New Mexico is a blend of so many different cultures. Old town in Albuquerque, and Santa Fe have lumiaria tours.

Luminarias are also known as Ferolitos in norther New Mexico. Luminarias are paper lunch sized bags with sand at the base and a candle placed inside. They are places about the tops of buildings, on curbs, and laid out to make beautiful designs. Though folks may lay them out early, they are meant to be lit on Xmas eve. Since I am not much of a photographer, this picture is the best I could do :)

We also have more traditional holiday lights, but the luminarias are my favorite - beautiful, childlike, yet instilling peace.

Remembering and Honoring the Dead

by AlbuqRay

Kymbanm organized a mini-VT meet at the Dia de los Muerto (Day of the Dead) celebration in Burton Park, Albuquerque. There were musicians, dancers and artists all enjoying the beautiful Fall weather and full moon. Then again, I left before it got totally dark; who knows what happened then! There were food and drink with attendees doing a potluck. We saw Capoeira (Afro-Brazilian martial art) by the Cordao de Ouro group. There was also a group (maybe Danzantes Aztecas) that did a wonderful, enchanting ceremonial dance to honor the dead. I'll do a Dia de los Muertos travelogue with some of my pictures.

A day trip to the Jemez .....

by kymbanm

I love taking day trips from Albuquerque to the Jemez (pronounced 'Hay-mez' by locals).

Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque is an area called the Jemez Mountains. This place has natural hot springs what EVERYONE dunks into 'au naturale'. Of course, that's not legal ... so if you're caught, you get a ticket and fine ... but that doesn't seem to stop anyone! Well, unless you scope out the 'clothing optional' springs ahead of time that is!!!

While wandering the Jemez, you can stop at roadside native american shops, pull off and wander trails, and stop in the town of Jemez Springs.

The bar, Los Ojos, has a great reputation and is visited by locals, day trippers, and travelers in general. I like to play pool while waiting for my food to arrive :)

One set of ruins in the area is known as Bandalier National Monument. You can climb ladders to enter the areas early Native Americans used to call home. There are many rock formations w/ nooks and crannies, as well as wonderful vistas. Because of fire risks, smoking is discouraged, and open fires are prohibited, but camping is encouraged.

Even if you aren't a walker or wanderer, you can see so much just from your car. I take Hwy 4 from Hwy 528 and decide on my route from there. Every few miles are signs to help guide you. North of the area is Santa Fe, south is Albuquerque - so just follw the signs for the city you are heading towards and you'll be fine.

Good Mexican food and great red and green chile

by dmac733 about Monroe's New Mexican Food

Monroes has great food and good service. Stuffed Sopaipilla or Enchilada plate is good with red or green or both. Also get Sopaipilla and have them with Honey. Yumm!! Burrito and Enchliadas with red and green chile. Sopaipilla with honey.

A New Mexican Must

by ellielou about Los Cuates

Before I begin, I must say that I've never been a big fan of Mexican food. (Of course, NM food is not Mexican, but a class all itself; but, there are similarities....)

However, nothing prepared me for how wonderful Los Cuates is! Very basic, straightforward, unpretentious NM food served in unpretentious surroundings.

Comfortable place, inexpensive, and filled with locals and tourists alike. the sopopillas are addictively out of this world.

Everything I've ever had is good; from the dense salsa they bring you with the chips, to the to go box they offer because there is no way you could finish everything.

Comments