Hyatt Regency Albuquerque

GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Very Nice Accomodations

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2009

The hotel has very comfortable accomodations. The air conditioning works well and is quiet. Unfortunately, we reserved a king size no smoking room and there were none left. They did have a king size no smoking room equiped for handicapped use. So, that's what we ended up with. The only drawback was we didn't have a bath tub, just an extremely large shower. Other than that, the room was great.

Worst Hotel Ever-Major Construction

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 18, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in February, 2008. Let me begin by saying that this was the worst experience I have EVER had at a hotel.

There were four of staying in a room. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon and checked in. Upon reaching our room, we were greeted with what sounded like a jackhammer hammering the floor above us. It was SO loud that a nap, or conversation rather, were out of the question.

We called the front desk immediately and said we needed to move to another room. We were told there were no other rooms available in the hotel (which was a complete lie).

The next morning we awoke bright and early to pounding, drilling, and whatever else you could imagine. We did some investigating, assuming that the construction must be taking place directly over our head. We were wrong. The construction was more like 10 floors above our head, and all over the hotel .

We called the front desk again, but the manager was supposedly out to lunch and would call us back. Of course, that didn't happen so we went down to the front desk. We could hear the staff on the phone with other customers, who were also apparently complaining about the noise.

The front desk would do nothing for us. At one point, they tried to tell us that they attempted to alert us of the construction before we came. Considering they had our address and phone number, yet still didn't get ahold us, my guess is they didn't try.

We demanded some money back, but they wouldn't budge. Finally, we went back to our room and received a call from the head honco manager guy. We explained that we couldn't sleep, couldn't watch TV, couldnt' do anything because there was an incessant drilling going on above our heads.

Basically, he said he wasn't going to do anything, that if he did something for us, he'd have to do it for everyone else staying at the hotel. It seems obvious that the hotel knows people are miserable, but once they get there, it's too late to find anywhere else.

stopatnothin's Profile Photo

The aroma that pumps through this place.....

by written on May 1, 2005

What else can I say...It's a Hyatt!
From the moment I stepped in through the front doors there was this unbelievable mesquite smell. It ignited the entire property.

Unique Quality: I rode my very first horse here. They have stables at the property where you can arrange various tours for yourself.

JamesABQ's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency

by written on December 25, 2003

Unique Quality: Located right in the center of town, Hyatt Regency is a landmark of the Albuquerque Skyline. 20 storeys tall, it is one of the tallest buildings in the city.

Directions: Downtown

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Room 1313

by written on July 26, 2003

A photo of my very comfortable room at the Hyatt Regency. To help assuage the debilitating effects of the 36 degree C weather, I maintained an ice-cold 6-pack of Texas Shiner Bock beer in my room for emergencies!

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

First Class Lodgings!

by written on July 26, 2003

The Hyatt Regency is located beside the downtown high-rise landmark Bank of Albuquerque building, and also next to the very modern and spacious Civic Plaza area. It struck me as a very nice location in the city. I was surprised to see that this hotel has a 13th Floor, since a lot ot the ones that I stay in do not, and I was even more surprised to be assigned room 1313!

Unique Quality: All of the facilities were first class, including the room service and cleaning! I would definitely recommend it if your budget can handle the price - which was not that bad compared to a lot of the hotels that I have stayed at in the US ($125 or $139/night with taxes). The lunch meals that were served for the meeting delegates were also top rate affairs!

Directions: Downtown beside Civic Plaza

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Albuquerque Travel Forum

Need advice about Albuquerque, New Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Albuquerque and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Albuquerque hotel reviews

Balloon Fiesta
Festivals & Holidays
Route 66
Favorites
One station - many options!
Greyhound Services
New Mexico Rail Runner
Yarn Shop
Shopping
Visit Acoma - Sky City
Things to Do
Ride the Longest Aerial Tramway!
Historic Old Town Albuquerque
Things to Do Around Albuquerque
Traditional and Innovative New Mexican Food
Restaurants
What is the best New Mexican Food Restaurant?
Not Utility and Not a Shack
Shopping
Manuel's Food Market
Rattlesnake Museum
Things to Do
Hit or miss, make it a hit!
Descansos