330 Tijeras NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87102, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Very Nice Accomodations

The hotel has very comfortable accomodations. The air conditioning works well and is quiet. Unfortunately, we reserved a king size no smoking room and there were none left. They did have a king size no smoking room equiped for handicapped use. So, that's what we ended up with. The only drawback was we didn't have a bath tub, just an extremely large shower. Other than that, the room was great.

• Worst Hotel Ever-Major Construction

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in February, 2008. Let me begin by saying that this was the worst experience I have EVER had at a hotel.

There were four of staying in a room. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon and checked in. Upon reaching our room, we were greeted with what sounded like a jackhammer hammering the floor above us. It was SO loud that a nap, or conversation rather, were out of the question.

We called the front desk immediately and said we needed to move to another room. We were told there were no other rooms available in the hotel (which was a complete lie).

The next morning we awoke bright and early to pounding, drilling, and whatever else you could imagine. We did some investigating, assuming that the construction must be taking place directly over our head. We were wrong. The construction was more like 10 floors above our head, and all over the hotel .

We called the front desk again, but the manager was supposedly out to lunch and would call us back. Of course, that didn't happen so we went down to the front desk. We could hear the staff on the phone with other customers, who were also apparently complaining about the noise.

The front desk would do nothing for us. At one point, they tried to tell us that they attempted to alert us of the construction before we came. Considering they had our address and phone number, yet still didn't get ahold us, my guess is they didn't try.

We demanded some money back, but they wouldn't budge. Finally, we went back to our room and received a call from the head honco manager guy. We explained that we couldn't sleep, couldn't watch TV, couldnt' do anything because there was an incessant drilling going on above our heads.

Basically, he said he wasn't going to do anything, that if he did something for us, he'd have to do it for everyone else staying at the hotel. It seems obvious that the hotel knows people are miserable, but once they get there, it's too late to find anywhere else.

• stopatnothin's Profile Photo

The aroma that pumps through this place.....

What else can I say...It's a Hyatt!
    From the moment I stepped in through the front doors there was this unbelievable mesquite smell. It ignited the entire property.

Unique Quality: I rode my very first horse here. They have stables at the property where you can arrange various tours for yourself.

• JamesABQ's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency

Unique Quality: Located right in the center of town, Hyatt Regency is a landmark of the Albuquerque Skyline. 20 storeys tall, it is one of the tallest buildings in the city.

Directions: Downtown

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Room 1313

A photo of my very comfortable room at the Hyatt Regency. To help assuage the debilitating effects of the 36 degree C weather, I maintained an ice-cold 6-pack of Texas Shiner Bock beer in my room for emergencies!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

First Class Lodgings!

The Hyatt Regency is located beside the downtown high-rise landmark Bank of Albuquerque building, and also next to the very modern and spacious Civic Plaza area. It struck me as a very nice location in the city. I was surprised to see that this hotel has a 13th Floor, since a lot ot the ones that I stay in do not, and I was even more surprised to be assigned room 1313!

Unique Quality: All of the facilities were first class, including the room service and cleaning! I would definitely recommend it if your budget can handle the price - which was not that bad compared to a lot of the hotels that I have stayed at in the US ($125 or $139/night with taxes). The lunch meals that were served for the meeting delegates were also top rate affairs!

Directions: Downtown beside Civic Plaza

More about Hyatt Regency Albuquerque

Nice hotel, nice room -- Horrible Horrible restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Sushihunter

Stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency ABQ and found it to be a very nice, standard, high end hotel. I'm not sure why other reviewers found it to be such an awful place, but we found it to be luxurious, quiet and very comfortable. Pretty much what you would expect from a high end hotel. However, the restaurant, McGrath's, despite the concierge's advice that it was one of best in the area, was absolutely hideous. Service was abominable -- the waiter forgot our appetizer and pretty much ignored us throughout the (awful) meal. (Maybe he knew how bad the food was and didn't want to come near us). The food was completely tasteless -- a 10 oz order of free range chicken turned out to be a scrawny chicken quarter that was so overcooked and hard, it was barely edible. If it was 10 oz of chicken, I must weigh about 800 lbs. The other dinner was more robust, but totally devoid of taste. So remember the name McGrath's and don't even think about eating there. I sent an email to Hyatt explaining to them that by associating with such an inferior eating place, they do a disservice to an otherwise fine hotel. I'm not totally surprised I've had no response. The "just OK" rating I gave this hotel is because the rooms are good. But, man, that's one terrible eating establishment.

No Heat No Service

Well to start they had no heat. No Heat until mid Oct. The tempature went down to the 40's and they had no Heat. I asked for an extra blanket and never got it. I told the stuff that I was freezing and they said that is the way it is. AMAZING. Never stay at ABQ Hyatt.

Not worth the price

by TripAdvisor Member faithk

It's not the worst I've ever seen (Howard Johnson) in ABQ, but it's not that great either.

The room was clean and the bed was ok, but I was given a room on the south side, which was a huge problem because the noise from the bars across the street could be heard well into the night (and my room was about 8 stories up).

The staff was not helpful at all and the food was bland and forgettable.

Definitely not worth the price they are charging.

Nice stay at the Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member madolali

Our room was not ready at check in. We were told to wait one hour. When we finally received the keys to the room, we had been upgraded to a business room, which was very nice, with an awesome view of the mountains (see picture). Comfortable bed and spacious, clean bathroom. We ordered room service and received it on time. Food is average. Hotel facilities ok, carpets need a thorough cleaning; gym is very well equipped but it is located on the 3rd floor, which is a smoking floor, and although gym does not smell, as soon as you get off the elevator you are overcome with the smell of cigarettes. Staff was friendly enough and helpful.

Comments