Isleta Casino & Resort Hotel

Satisfaction Average

More about Isleta Casino & Resort Hotel

Isleta Fun Connection

by HispanicYob

I've been here a few times now with friends and family and this is a cool little place to go. I like it because it's close to my house. Isleta Fun Connection is your typical family fun center, complete with laser tag, bowling, an arcade and even pool tables for the older ones. Yeah, it's a chilled place to kick it. However it gets packed on the weekend nights, usually with young adults and their numerous little ones in two. So, if you're not into being in a crowded place don't go on the weekend. The laser tag room is a decent size, too. The place is clean and the bowling alleys are slick and polished with TV screens playing music videos. There's also a litlte food court as well. The pizzas are surprisingly good! The place used to be the site of the old Isleta Casino before the remodeled it into what it is today. Also, the brand new Isleta Resort & Casino is located next to it! So you can always leave the kids and gamble if you like.

New furniture from old woodNew furniture from old wood

Egg Fu Young BurgerEgg Fu Young Burger

Delicious Lunch for TwoDelicious Lunch for Two

CHARLIE'S FRONT DOORCHARLIE'S FRONT DOOR

considering the big shift

by terraamb

I have seen many of the threads on this forum and there is some great information here. I dont mean to be redundant, but I couldn't really find a straight answer on this, when I was looking around, so I apologize. I have been offered a job in ABQ and I was wondering what areas are good to look for a home and where NOT to look for a home. We will be coming down to ABQ for a week to get a sense of the city. We have already been to SF a couple of times and really like it, but we have enver spent any time in ABQ. Also, my in-laws live in AZ, so we already have some idea of exsistence in the desert. Here is some basic info:

- I am coming from PA
- My wife and I dont have kids, but we might someday.
- we are what you'd condsider "upper-middle class" (i.e. not poor, but not wealthy either.)
- Both of us are artists and I am a musician, so culture is important, but not critical. I would say the most critical thing we are looking for is safety in our community, culture comes second.
- The job I would be taking is in the downtown area. I have a car, but if I could find something near public trans, that would be great!

Thanks for any info you can offer up would be most appreciated. We are not coming down to BUY just yet, just to look around, but if anyone has any suggestions of areas/neighborhoods that we should take a look at while we are there, it would make our time much better spent, I think.

Thanks in advance!

RE: considering the big shift

by kymbanm

If you like artsy yet 'safe' I'd recommend you focus on Ridgecrest, Nob Hill, Old Town, Downtown (some friends live down there is it's really great!) and North Valley. As for schools, well, you'll have to decide upon that once it's an issue! The neighborhoods I've suggested have old, funky, upscale and modest homes all mixed in together.

Public transport out here is improving, but not great .... so the first 4 suggestions are along the most reliable bus routes. The Roadrunner train will be up and running soon and that will take you from downtown to Santa Fe :)

I hope you give our little dessert community a chance. If nothing else, we are MUCH more affordable than San Fransisco!

RE: considering the big shift

by prometheus

About abq's areas:
SW- very spotty, mostly lower income, home of most of abq's latino gangs
NW- very expensive along the Rio Grande
near NE- middle income mostly
far NE- expensive homes and more being built
SE- combination of good and bad patches, you'll know them when you see them, contains the UNM and trendy Nob Hill areas.
There are exceptions to all of the above.

Consider living along one of the excellent bike trails to bike to work.
Downtown seems to be on the upswing...condos popping up there and in Nob Hill.
Good luck.

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Spaceship house

by Yorick12

This isn't really an attraction as it is a private residence, but it is so unusual it's worth a look.

3501 Monte Vista Blvd.

Directions: On the northwest corner of Monte Vista Blvd and Marquette Ave.

Spence Hot Spring

by AlbuqRay

Just north of Battleship Rock is the Spence hot spring. It is undeveloped but a very nice hot spring. You must hike down to the river, cross the river, and hike back up the hill to get there. Because it is close to the road, it tends to get crowded. Also, you should know that clothing is no longer optional at the hot spring. Bring your swimsuit or shorts and t-shirt. The spring has also been made into day-use only. Rangers will ticket any cars in the parking area after it gets dark. In the picture you can see the mist rising from the hot spring.

SEAFOODS

by lemon4juice about RED LOBSTER

SEAFOODS. If you love fresh seafoods you must definitely go at Red Lobster. They are serving a variety of seafoods.

But as Filipino I was used to eat crab/lobster with a vinegar instead of butter as sauce. It's fattening :)

We smelled the smoke before we found ...

by apbeaches about Dickey's BBQ Pit

We were driving from Santa Fe to Albuquerque on Rt. 25. My husband was getting hungry & I smelled the most amazing smoke. Dickey's was a comfortable family style restaurant, service was friendly & quick. Prices were very reasonable. We were very very impressed ... We shared a Three Meat Combo consisting of:
Beef Brisket - Slow-cooked and so tender it falls apart
Pulled Pork - Pork shoulder dry marinated in barbecue spice, slow smoked
St. Louis Style Spare Ribs - Seasoned with Dickey's special "Rib Rub" & fork tender
Cornbread, slaw & veggies were more than enough for the two of us.

Comments