2116 Yale Boulevard SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87106-4233, United States

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Albuquerque

Having fun downtownHaving fun downtown

Almost deserted....Old Town at night.Almost deserted....Old Town at night.

Police cruiser guarding crime scenePolice cruiser guarding crime scene

El MorroEl Morro

sandia peak weather

by caribare

planning to tie the knot July 22nd at 8pm on the top of sandia peak. Can anyone help with weather info? am planning on wearing "beach" dress and lite. thanks!
caribare

by bocmaxima

Nights on Sandia Peak in the summers are typically chilly and fairly windy. The wind depends on how close you are to the actual peak though.

by AlbuqRay

Just remember that the rule of thumb for temperature is -1 F for each 300 feet of elevation. That makes the crest ~17 F cooler than the city. Also because of the elevation, the temperature drops quickly after sunset. At 8 PM it could be quite cold at the crest, even if you are shielded from the typical winds that were previously mentioned.

by dmac733

I have been hiking the crest this summer. It is nice you can wear shorts and t shirt this time of year. Just keep a lite long sleeve shirt or lite jacket for night. Enjoy

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Crosswinds Weekly

by danmike

The Crosswinds Weekly newspaper takes a hard thoughtful look at political and social issues in Albuquerque and around New Mexico, as well as doing arts and entertainment reporting. The paper does several pages a week on movies, local music, art, restaurants and travel articles. It also has a large events calendar.

You can pick up a copy of Crosswinds Weekly at local coffeeshops, restaurants, supermarkets and other retail businesses across the city.

Phone: 505-883-4750

Would you like red or green??? Or Christmas???

by kymbanm

New Mexico is known for it's chile, which comes in 2 colors/flavors .... red or green :)

Red chile has a sharper flavor, and I find it more hot than flavorful.

Green chile is addictive (I'm convinced it's somehow related to THC). It has a richer flavor and is usually more mild than the red. But some green chile is so hot your hair will stand on end.

'Christmas' is a phrase to use when you want BOTH red and green chile on your meal - most of my friends prefer this mix over having to choose :)

Of course, if you are a wimp like me - order your chile choice 'on the side'

Wine festival...

by naplesnate

There are a few around the Albuquerque area and up towards Santa Fe, but I found this fact-filled one to be quite interesting and entertaining.
It was actually in Bernalillo which is just north of Albuquerque off of I-25 on your way to Santa Fe.
You pay a $10 entrance fee and receive an engraved glass to be used for the rest of the day, you'll find yourself protecting it like it was lil' john's gold covered chalice.
There were about 50 wineries represneted there coming in from all the way from Cali. They each have about 4 wines to sample and are very ready to sell bottles or crates dependant on your preference.
The day is filled with traditional Mexican music and dance to be accompanied with great food (even the giant turkey legs are available here).

Good Coffee, Pastries and More!

by queencreekfreak about The Flying Star Cafe

Flying Star has three locations in Albuquerque. I like the one on Juan Tabo Blvd NE but they are all nice and the food is excellent. They have some excellent deserts but all of the food there is great. You order at the counter where an assortment of pastries and deserts will make your choices harder. They do have vegetarian dishes also. I am including a link with photos the decor is like an artsy cafe. They have a large selection of magazines and newspapers if you love to read while you have breakfast and coffee. I like the potato wedges with cheese and green chilis. Wonderful!

Great Sushi

by SvetlanaL about Sushi King

The restaurant is in the heart of Historic Downtown Albuquerque. The food is a little bit pricier than expected but it is really worth it. It was pretty crowded for a Tuesday night, but I was too tired to notice. The waiters were however not very attentive, but the food made up for it.
Also, as I had not used chopsticks for a while, I was struggling a little bit. I was nervous because I knew people were watching me (the person eating alone is frequently the subject of attention). To my surprise a Japanese woman who was eating with co-workers came over and helped me position my fingers properly and smiled from across the room as I made progress. When the food finally made it pst my lips, I was very happy. I had the Happy Roll. A long sushi roll sliced into 8-10 peices. Inside are large tempura shrimp, cucumbers, avocado, and carrots. The entire roll is covered with soy sauce and peanut sauce and is delicious.
I was also served a soup as an appetizer. I am not sure what was in it excpet for tofu, leeks, green onions and lemon, and probably a miso base. The soup had a completely different flavor than I expected and my tastebuds were delighted.

Comments