Albuquerque Hotels

Our Members Say

• toonsarah profile photo toonsarah
  • Reviews: 3363

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Blue: A great night’s sleep

We chose this hotel because it seemed to offer the best value/location combination of all that we checked. I was also impressed that they offered a free shuttle bus to the Old Town (until 10.00 PM) which we thought would be useful in the evening especially, although in the event we didn’t use that having found some good eating and drinking options within an easy walk.

The hotel is a modernised 1930’s cross between a motel and hotel – the shape, lobby, parking lot etc are more like a hotel in feel, but you access your room from an outside walkway. This may not suit everyone (I’ve seen a few comments about security on Trip Advisor) but we had no issues with it, and rather enjoyed the expansive views of the city from our fifth floor room (see photo five). Incidentally it’s worth asking for a room in the north east corner to get views of the mountains beyond the city – our Moon Handbook advised exactly that and, although I’d booked online and forgotten to make the request, when we arrived we found we were right in that corner anyway :-)

The hotel lobby is very impressive (see photo four) and really reflects the Art Deco style of much of this Downtown district. Staff at reception are helpful, and another nice touch is the plate of cookies on the desk for you to help yourself! Décor in the rooms is a lot plainer and external areas (e.g. the walkways) are not up to the standard of the interiors – but how much time are you going to spend there anyway? On the whole we felt the facilities and overall appearance exceeded what we would expect for this price (we paid $70 including all taxes).

Our room was one of the King rooms, and was of a very good size, with plenty of storage, a large plasma TV, tea & coffee making, A/C (not needed though in late September) and a fairly basic bathroom. The only toiletries were of the “dispenser on the wall” kind, but there were more than enough towels, and a hairdryer. The shower and tub were nothing more than adequate, but that’s OK at these prices. My only criticism would be that it’s not a great idea for the same switch to operate both bathroom and a bedroom light – when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I had no choice but to flood the room with light, thus waking Chris.

The highlight of a night spent here is the bed that you sleep in. These feature “pressure relieving Tempur-Pedic” matresses and I was amazed at how comfortable it was, while Chris declared it the best sleep he’d had in ages (despite the incident with the light switch!). We are seriously considering splashing out on one for our own bed at home!

The hotel provides a complimentary if simple breakfast – fruit juice, yoghurt, bread, waffles (make your own) etc. They proudly announce that they serve Starbucks coffee, but it was nevertheless far too weak for my taste, as usual in the US I'm afraid.

There is a pool which we didn’t use, but it looked a nice one and I saw one guest enjoying a dip. One small downside is that you can only access the free wifi in the lobby; they will loan you an Ethernet cable for in-room access but that was of no use to me and my iPhone. Still the lobby is so attractive that it wasn’t a major hardship to spend some time there.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 18, 2011

Hotel Blue

• LynninNM profile photo LynninNM
  • Reviews: 4

Areas To Avoid

As much as they come across looking and sounding quaint and very Southwestern, stay away from motels along Central Avenue. They can be dangerous and frequented by drug users and prostitutes. The safest areas to stay are the along I-25 (Interstate 25) at well-known chain motels if you're looking for inexpensive places. For better hotels, there are many new places going up. Stick to chain hotels that you know along I-25, in the Old Town or the Northeast Heights areas.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 1, 2004

• JamesABQ profile photo JamesABQ
  • Reviews: 59

Wyndham Albuquerque Airport: Wyndham Airport

This beautiful hotel is located right next to the airport.

Great views of the city on either side of the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 29, 2004

Wyndham Hotel

• dmac733 profile photo dmac733
  • Reviews: 43

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel

Check on the Route 66 Hostel http://www.rt66hostel.com/. This is close to the area your are looking at close to Downtown and Old town, Biological Park,Albuquerque Aquarium, Rio Grande Botanic Garden, Rio Grande Zoo and Tingley Beach. The area around Miltons restaurant is fine also a new upscale Hotel called Hotel Parq Central Hotel just opened next to Miltons and has a great outdoor patio with a great view. Have a nice stay.

• Written March 28, 2011

• Zolotar profile photo Zolotar
  • Reviews: 1
Camping Tip on US

Tip for Campsites on the US....
If you are camping and get to a place at night, where all the places are closed, don't sleep in the car.
Get inside any campsite... Get a site, place your Tent and worry about fee's and burocracy on the next day... the security might wake you up realy early... just explain what happened and pay for the stay. It's better than sleeping on the car.

• Related to: Backpacking, Camping
  • Written October 5, 2005

• intall profile photo intall
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Select Airport: Holiday Inn Select Airport is Superb!!!

This was 1 of the nicest Hotels I have ever stayed in. The beds were unbelievably comfortable! I cant say enough about this hotel.A great business center, staff was great and the pool, whirlpool and sauna were as good as any can be!

Everything about htis hotel was great!!!!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Hot Air Ballooning, Mountain Climbing, Horse Riding
  • Written November 7, 2005

• stopatnothin profile photo stopatnothin
  • Reviews: 192

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A room photo at Tamaya

Hyatts always theme the resort around their natural surroundings. The mesh well!

Check out the soap in the bathroom.

• Written May 1, 2005