Motel 6 Albuquerque Coors Road

6015 Iliff Road Northwest, I-40 at Coors Road, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87105, United States
Motel 6 Albuquerque - Coors Road
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Albuquerque

Aztec Motel, AlbuquerqueAztec Motel, Albuquerque

Photo taken by HaraldPhoto taken by Harald

tattoo shop uptowntattoo shop uptown

The Sandia MountainsThe Sandia Mountains

Relcation Questions

by Chells

I have a question regarding neighborhoods:
My parents and I are moving to ABQ in either August or September (06). My parents are retiring and I work from home as a writer, so being near employment is not a factor for us. We're going to be renting. We're looking for a new home (as I have allergies and sinus trouble and asthma and can't live where cats or smoke have been). We're also trying to find a home that has a mountain view, as the Sandias are so beautiful. We've checked Rio Rancho, but haven't had much luck there finding what we're looking for. There is a home right now that we are very interested in...it's in an area called Blossom Ridge at Anderson Hills in SW ABQ. I think it was built by DR Horton and is a lovely home. We're just very familiar with that neighborhood. Is there a lot of crime? Are there shopping and fitness facilities near by? We can't make a trip there to look at the home, and we are having to rent something strictly via the internet. We've neved lived in New Mexico, although I've always wanted to! I'm really looking forward to it...and hoping that the scorpions won't scare the skin off me! :)
Thank you so much for your help!

by bocmaxima

I know that the Southwest side of Albuquerque is less developed than most other parts of town. I'm pretty sure that I've driven by this particular development, and it's kinda far from things. The closest sizeable cluster of retail is along Coors north of I-40. This part of town also has a bad reputation as being crime-ridden, although it's probably not very justified.
Rio Rancho would be better for being close to things as well as being in a safe community, however it's very suburban and has traffic issues.
You may want to look into something in the Sandia Foothills and Northeast Quadrant. There are some very nice houses in these areas and it's convenient to shopping.

by Chells

Just realized that I had a typo in my first post...I meant to say that we're *not* very familar with the SW ABQ/Anderson Hills area.
Thanks for your help!! -- Michelle

RE: RE: Relcation Questions

Thanks for your help!! -- Michelle

by prometheus

You really need to look before buying!! ABQ is quite a diverse town and you want to make sure you end up in the right place.
The SW area is very mixed. See other posts in this forum.

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Politics

by JamesABQ

Albuquerque, being a swing state, gets plenty of political attention. Albuquerque tends to lean more towards the left than to the right. If you don't like liberalism you might not like Albuquerque. I like it plenty.

Hiking the Open Spaces

by MountainLaurel

Hiking the Albuquerque Municipal Open Space areas is great whether you're hardcore outdoorsy--there are some really hilly trails--or just want to find a nice rock from which to watch the sunset. It's hard to get lost because from every high point you can look west and see the city, but if you face east, all you see is mountain and wilderness.

Picture coming soon. Good shoes, sunscreen, water, and a healthy respect for snakes. Also, every once in a while there's a rash of car break-ins at the Open Space parking lots, so don't leave your diamonds on the dashboard.

Lunch at S&J Tortilla factory....

by slee612

Lunch at S&J Tortilla factory. Lunch at El Modelo if you want to get way off the beaten path, it's takeout but some of the best in town, there is a small patio, perfect if the weather is nice.

The Santa Fe Flea market (have Guacamole at Gabriel's when your done!)

Location. Location, Location!!

by Paulie_D about High Finance Restaurant & Tavern

What makes this restaurant special is it's location.

Located at the top of Sandia Peak, only the High Finance Restaurant and Tavern offers the chance to enjoy both the breathtaking beauty of the Land of Enchantment and top notch cuisine.

After traveling 2.7 miles above the Cibola National Forest aboard the Sandia Peak Tram, theworld's longest tramway, you can take in panoramic views of a splendid sunset or the magnificence of the great Southwest.

The food is good, and for these prices it had better be.

I visited on an optional excursion from a coach tour and so was restricted to their Group memu but even this was most acceptable.

Overall, although the food was good you do have the impression that you are paying for the view rather than the food but then again, the views are pretty damn good.

Authentic New Mexican food with several locations.

by MarkJochim about Garduno's Restaurant & Cantina

Great New Mexican food (better than Southwestern or Mexican and based around red and green chilis), award-winning margaritas and a huge selection of tequilas. They have several locations around Albuquerque including one at the airport (even one in Santa Fe). My favorite is the location on Montgomery Boulevard in the Northeast Heights - very close to home!

Comments