Radisson Hotel Albuquerque

2500 Carlisle Blvd NE, (formerly Park Plaza Hotel), Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87110, United States

Hotel Cascada
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Water Park makes this Hotel Worthwhile

Water park:
    Pros: Clean, new, well trained life guards. The guards at the wave rider were especially friendly and helpful. Snack bar upstairs. Clean bathrooms with showers. There are a variety of activities for all ages from a hot tub that children aren’t allowed in (unless with a parent) to a “kiddie” pool with small slides and water squirting everywhere. There are 2 large slides, a lazy river and 3 basketball nets (though we only ever saw 2 balls.) The star activity is the Wave Rider where you can “boogie board” or “surf!”

Cons: Unequal enforcement of rules – My sister was told that she couldn’t drink bottled water downstairs (no food or drink allowed downstairs), but later we watched a family sit downstairs and eat sandwiches that they had brought with them (No outside food is allowed) and no body said anything. Also, they use a HUGE amount of chlorine. My older son developed a rash after 1.5 days in the water.

Hotel:
    Pros: Clean, updated, modern rooms; quiet; friendly staff; fun “extra” activities such as making tin ornaments (for $5/person you can try this colonial Spanish craft) and an arcade.

Cons: Room wasn’t cleaned until after 5:30 one day (and I called to request that they clean it while we went to dinner).
    Ineffectual/incompetent staff - I called a day before my reservation to check if I could come a day early. I found that they only had me down for 1-night (but my reservation printout clearly stated 2 nights.) The desk receptionist told me she would add the 2nd night and that evening – for a total of 3 nights – but when I arrived I was still on record as only reserving 1 night! Also, when I booked the reservation a month earlier, I called several times to make sure that the water park would be open on Memorial Day (Monday). Up until then, the water park had only been open weekends. One desk receptionist said, ”Yes.” Another said, “No.” I finally left a voice message for the manager who called me back to say, “Yes.” My sister had this same experience except the manager never responded to her message. The outdoor pool was not open and the indoor pool was cloudy. There was a dirty diaper by the hot tub.

Unique Quality: The water park is AWESOME!

Directions: Exit Carlisle off the I-40. Head North a few blocks. The Radisson is on the right.

Comments