Radisson Hotel Albuquerque

Water Park makes this Hotel Worthwhile

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 7, 2010

Water park:
Pros: Clean, new, well trained life guards. The guards at the wave rider were especially friendly and helpful. Snack bar upstairs. Clean bathrooms with showers. There are a variety of activities for all ages from a hot tub that children aren’t allowed in (unless with a parent) to a “kiddie” pool with small slides and water squirting everywhere. There are 2 large slides, a lazy river and 3 basketball nets (though we only ever saw 2 balls.) The star activity is the Wave Rider where you can “boogie board” or “surf!”

Cons: Unequal enforcement of rules – My sister was told that she couldn’t drink bottled water downstairs (no food or drink allowed downstairs), but later we watched a family sit downstairs and eat sandwiches that they had brought with them (No outside food is allowed) and no body said anything. Also, they use a HUGE amount of chlorine. My older son developed a rash after 1.5 days in the water.

Hotel:
Pros: Clean, updated, modern rooms; quiet; friendly staff; fun “extra” activities such as making tin ornaments (for $5/person you can try this colonial Spanish craft) and an arcade.

Cons: Room wasn’t cleaned until after 5:30 one day (and I called to request that they clean it while we went to dinner).
Ineffectual/incompetent staff - I called a day before my reservation to check if I could come a day early. I found that they only had me down for 1-night (but my reservation printout clearly stated 2 nights.) The desk receptionist told me she would add the 2nd night and that evening – for a total of 3 nights – but when I arrived I was still on record as only reserving 1 night! Also, when I booked the reservation a month earlier, I called several times to make sure that the water park would be open on Memorial Day (Monday). Up until then, the water park had only been open weekends. One desk receptionist said, ”Yes.” Another said, “No.” I finally left a voice message for the manager who called me back to say, “Yes.” My sister had this same experience except the manager never responded to her message. The outdoor pool was not open and the indoor pool was cloudy. There was a dirty diaper by the hot tub.

Unique Quality: The water park is AWESOME!

Directions: Exit Carlisle off the I-40. Head North a few blocks. The Radisson is on the right.

Nearby Radisson Hotel Albuquerque

Radisson Hotel Albuquerque

• Radisson Albuquerque
  • Albuquerque Radisson
  • Park Inn By Radisson Hotel And Water Park

Address: 2500 Carlisle Blvd NE, (formerly Park Plaza Hotel), Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87110, United States

3 Photos of Radisson Hotel Albuquerque

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Albuquerque Travel Forum

Need advice about Albuquerque, New Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Albuquerque and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Albuquerque hotel reviews

Native Cultures
Route 66
UNM Athletics
Sports & Outdoors
One station - many options!
Greyhound Services
New Mexico Rail Runner
Yarn Shop
Shopping
Visit Acoma - Sky City
Things to Do
Ride the Longest Aerial Tramway!
Historic Old Town Albuquerque
Things to Do Around Albuquerque
Traditional and Innovative New Mexican Food
Restaurants
What is the best New Mexican Food Restaurant?
Not Utility and Not a Shack
Shopping
Manuel's Food Market
Rattlesnake Museum
Things to Do
Hit or miss, make it a hit!
Descansos