Sandia Resort And Casino

30 Rainbow Road, NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87113, United States

Sandia Casino & Resort
Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Tallchick80's Profile Photo

Won't back up guests in dispute

I was playing roulette a few months ago and had won when another player took my winnings right off the table - when I confronted the player, the dealer basically said "you're on your own" to me and allowed the other player to keep my winnings and did NOTHING to help me out. I knew they had cameras and there was NO effort made to assist me recover my winnings. They made ME feel like the scumbag and I was made to feel awkward in the situation even though I had literally just been robbed at their casino. I cashed out immediately and walked away from the table. I threw my players club card in the trash and I will never play there again, and I tell everyone I know not to play there. This is the worst casino I have ever been to, they do not care about their players, especially if they allow their players to be robbed on their tables and do nothing about it. There is no security for players or their winnings. If I cannot trust my money on their tables, I will not trust them with my money.

Unique Quality: I cannot say anything about any qualities when I experienced a theft at their facility.

More about Sandia Resort And Casino

Gambling Spot

by JamesABQ about Sandia Casino and Resort

This very beautiful Indian Casino is built to look like the indian pueblos you would find in Taos. Currently building a hotel and golf course to go along with the casino. Casual.

Up up and away

by naplesnate

The balloon fiesta is definitely a sight to be seen if you happen to be in albuquerque during the month of october when the festvial is ogin down.
There are about 800 hot air balloons all going up at once with a great chance of coming down right on top of you as they are guided by wind forces.
It is a five day event with activities going on all day...obviously all related to hot air balloons.
The day starts extremely early around 5:30 AM and its usually pretty chilli at that time so be prepared.
There is plenty of food and art stands (what a combo huh?) to keep you occupied between races and lift offs.
The evenings offer light shows which consist of the pilots lighting the flames in the fully blown up balloons.
There is an entrance fee but don't worry it won't break your bank. The balloons can be seen from pretty much anywhere in the city (Sandia casino offers a good view) and its pretty cool to have these giant balloons flying right over your head while strolling the streets of the ABQ.

National Fiery Foods Show!!!

by allenk_007

Since 1988, Albuquerque has hosted the National Fiery Foods Show. This is a combination of trade show and public exhibition. All the major hot sauce, salsa, barbeque, and fiery foods dealers are here with elaborate displays as well as trials of their new sauces.

There are cooking demonstrations by famous chefs, clothing, kitchenware, books and more!

If you are a hot sauce aficionado as I am, or simply want to spice up your life, you do not want to miss this.

In recent years, the show is held at the Sandia Resort & Casino.

General Admission $10, children under 12 free.

Sandia Resort and CasinoSandia Resort and Casino

Albuquerque, New MexicoAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Closeup of “Southwest Pieta”Closeup of “Southwest Pieta”

Photo courtesy of Larry NeelyPhoto courtesy of Larry Neely

Balloon Fiesta Fireworks...

by MatthewMetcalfe

We're heading out to the Balloon Fiesta tomorrow and I'm wondering if there's a good spot away from the launch area to watch the fireworks at night? We've got a young child that we're bringing along and I'm sure he'll be pretty sleepy afterwards so we'd prefer to watch off-site so we can get him back to the hotel as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Matt

RE: Balloon Fiesta Fireworks...

by AlbuqRay

Matt, I am thinking the Sandia Casino might be a good place, but I haven't actually watched from there.

Balloon Fiesta

by 2giants

We hope to attend the Balloon Fiesta for a few days this year. Does anyone know if you need a rental car, or are there shuttle busses and public transportation that we can use? Can you recommend a hotel that would be near the launch sites? What else do we need to know and plan for for this?
Thanks in advance for your help!

by bocmaxima

You don't absolutely need a car, no.

The staging site is in between the Bernalillo and Los Ranchos stations for the RailRunner (commuter rail). To get there, you can take the train and connect with the shuttle. To get to the train, you'll have to either stay close to a station (the airport hotels or many of the places Downtown would work) or take the bus.
There are, additionally, private shuttles that run between select hotels. Those, of course, are not free.
Like any large event, parking is an issue, and it's always better to rideshare or take a shuttle.

Booking a hotel early is definitely a good idea. The good ones will fill up.
With the RailRunner though, you may want to even consider staying in Santa Fe. Reason being that you can take the train to the Fiesta each day (a bit over an hour ride), but also enjoy Santa Fe and be a little more separated from the crowds that Albuquerque will have. Santa Fe is also better for getting around without a car, in general. Just another option...

by AlbuqRay

Colin has already given some very good advice, so I'll just add to it a little. Albuquerque's bus system has really improved in the last few years, especially with the Rapid Ride system. You can get along without a rental car if you wish. It would be really nice to stay in Santa Fe but, if I did not have a car for a backup, I would worry a bit about the Railrunner filling up at key times during the Balloon Fiesta.

An alternative would be to stay in the Albuquerque Uptown area and use the Coronado Mall shuttle bus to the Balloon Fiesta. There are many hotels and restaurants in the Uptown area (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=albuquerque+uptown+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=uptown+hotels&hnear=albuquerque&view=text&ei=rt9NS8-RM53uMv_MhIEN&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQtQMwAA). It is also serviced by the Rapid Ride Red Line (http://www.cabq.gov/transit/rapid-ride/rapid-ride-red-line-central-avenue) which also goes to many of the key tourist areas in town. It also goes to downtown where you can catch the Railrunner.

BTW, be careful of that Uptown hotel list. The Clubhouse Inn is in it and it is not in Uptown. It is a pretty good place to stay but is actually west of I-25. Also, all of the indicated rates will be much higher during the Balloon Fiesta.

by osoeno

I always thought it would be cool to stay at the Sandia Casino during Balloon Fiesta, especially if you could reserve a room looking west.

Travel Tips for Albuquerque

Oui Oui

by tunisianhick about Le Crepe Miche

Located in a secluded alleyway, this is the place to escape to when you tire of ristras and green chile. In warmer months you can enjoy outside seating. I don't really have a favorite dish. Actually, I don't even care for French cusine.(Unsophisticated pallette, i've been told) I do enjoy the fact that it is in the middle of touristy Old Town. I'm sure you can't find anything with chile on the menu. That's a +. I also enjoy sitting outside watching all of the tourists. The fillet o' pike ain't bad.

The Elegant Taste of Thailand in Albuquerque

by AlbuqRay about Siam Cafe

Rarely does a restaurant have it all but the Siam Cafe does. This cozy, family-run restaurant has quality food, superbly prepared and presented, and excellent friendly service, all at reasonable prices. One cannot ask for more, but wait, could anyone's favorite Thai dish be missing? I think not. Their menu is extensive. The only bad thing I can think of is that it is hard to find the entrance to the parking lot. Don't give up if you drive by. Just remember you must be going north on San Mateo to enter. Because this is such an outstanding restaurant, it stays busy. However, the Siam Cafe is not good for large groups, since it has just one table that can seat six. They have a lunch buffet for $5.75 but I have never tried it, since I find so many delicious things on the menu. They also do carry-out. Gil Garduno also gives the Siam Cafe an excellent review. My favorite dish is the Three Flavor Fish (#85) for $7.95. It is a delectable combination of sweet and spicy. The pieces of fish are fried a little crisp and combined with onions, red and green bell pepper, broccoli, pineapple and a sweet chili garlic sauce with slivers of ginger (see the picture).

Comments