Carlsbad Caverns National Park Hotels

• lisa85202 profile photo lisa85202
  • Reviews: 75

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rodeway Inn: Rough Crowd at the Rodeway Inn

The Rodeway Inn is the only motel close to the entrance of Carlsbad Caverns. (White City). White City is basically this motel, a little restaurant, and campground.

We wanted to stay close to the park because we went back at dusk to watch the bats come out of the cave, and we didn't want to drive back into town after a long day.

The motel had a great pool, water play area for the kids. The kids played there after we toured the tavern, before dinner.

The motel was nothing special. Outdated, and no frills. After arriving back in the evening, there was a very rough crowd. A large group of people in Jeeps, hanging around in their lawn chairs, drinking beer out in the parking lot.

The 'continental breakfast' was a bag of donuts by the front desk.

I would not stay there again.

The pro is the swimming pool and outdoor water play area they have at the motel. Lots of fun for the kiddos.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, National/State Park
  • Written March 31, 2012

• TooTallFinn24 profile photo TooTallFinn24
  • Reviews: 709

Fairfield Inn: New Hotel in Carlsbad

Trying to find accommodations that don't cost an arm and a leg in a dreary location is always a goal of mine. So when I found that Marriott's was offering reward rooms at half the usual price I jumped on this one.

The Fairfield Inn in Carlsbad is a hotel less than a half year old located on the main highway through town at 2525 South Canal Street. The lobby glowed from all of the shine of being a brand new hotel. The desk service was slightly timid when we checked in. I got the impression that the staff person there was knew and hadn't been trained too well in how to relate to customers.

The room itself was nice and clean. Two large queen beds in a rather small room. I thought there would be a microwave and fridg like in other Fairfield Inns but there was not. Bathroom was also clean. I asked for a room away from the freeway and slept well. There was little noise on the floor to bother me.

Breakfast is the typical fare at a Fairfield Inn. Bread, rolls, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. The only thing missing was the big kettle of oatmeal. Unlike the other Fairfield Inns in Northern California there was no social hour with free food in the evening.

Without the free rewards night the cost of the room would have been $ 114 which I think is very high for the Carlsbad area. Apparently the cost has remained high because quality rooms in the area are in high demand due to all the oil field workers in town. I could definitely confirm that by all the specially loaded pick up trucks in the parking lot.

Brand spanking new place.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written March 7, 2012

Yucca Tree Winter Wrapped- Fairfield Inn- Carlsbad

• Bwana_Brown profile photo Bwana_Brown
  • Reviews: 3530

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Express: Comfortable but something didn't quite click!

A sudden business trip to Carlsbad, New Mexico found me in the state for the first time since I had been to Albuquerque five years earlier on another business trip. I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express and found its rooms to be of their usual high quality. However, I did not really find their complimentary breakfast to be quite up to the mark in comparison with other mid-range hotels that I have used - and normally I'm not all that fussy about what I eat. Everything just tasted 'blah' for some reason. Overall, the $123/night price with taxes seemed a bit steep to me.

The trip resulted in our services being accepted a couple of weeks later, so I returned to Carlsbad with another five employees to begin a 3-week assignment (during which I managed to slip in my trip to Carlsbad Caverns). Because it was cheaper to rent local housing than to put that many people up in hotels for that amount of time, I did not stay in any other Carlsbad hotels. However, some of the guys that did stay in them while the housing was being finalized said that the Days Inn (at the south end of town) was terrible but that the Comfort Inn (near the Holiday Inn at the north end of town) was great.

Carlsbad is only about 20-odd miles north of Carlsbad Caverns NP and it is the only decent-sized community within striking distance. There seemed to be quite a number of motels scattered along its main street so I'm sure visitors to the National Park would be able to find something that suited their tastes. Just outside the entrance to the Park, a limited motel selection is available in Whites City - but I just passed through on my short day-trip.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written August 21, 2008

Check-in entrance area

• Shihar profile photo Shihar
  • Reviews: 312

Days Inn- Carlsbad, NM

We stayed in the Days Inn in Carlsbad, NM. It was a bit of a drive to Guadalupe Mt.NP and Carlsbad Caverns NP every day (30-40 miles) but there wasn't much of an alternative.

You could stay in Whites City which is closer to both Parks, but the town is actually just a road and it looked a little dodgy.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Road Trip
  • Written August 6, 2006
Tip Photo

• klj&a profile photo klj&a
  • Reviews: 241

Comfort Inn: Comfort Inn

Yes I would recommend this place but some things they could improve is more lighting in the rooms, and more fruit in the kitchen.

The people there were friendly and the kitchen offered coffee and cookies all the time. They also have a pool and hot tub.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 23, 2006

• KimberlyAnn profile photo KimberlyAnn
  • Reviews: 1082

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Brantley Lake State Park: A State Campground

This campground lies at an altitude of 3000 foot. There are 51 sites with electricity, a RV dump station, and a 24 hour attendant. The campground also has restrooms with showers, and a small playground.

There are a variety of hiking trails in the park, and a short walk from the campground will take you to the shores of Brantley Lake. A boat ramp and dock are available if you have a boat with you. If you purchase a New Mexico fishing license you may fish in the lake for a variety of fish such as largemouth bass, white bass, walleye, channel catfish, bluegill, and crappie.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Camping
  • Written October 2, 2004

Brantley State Park Desert Flowers

• annk profile photo annk
  • Reviews: 794

White's City Accomodations

White's City has the closest accomodations to Carlsbad Caverns....just a few miles from the park.

White's City Resort & Water Park has two 3-star Best Western Motels, an RV Park & Campground, a grocery store, 2 restaurants, and a gift shop. There's not much else here.
Accomodations and food are ok....nothing to brag about.

Other accomodations are available 30 miles north in the town of Carlsbad. Lodging is less expensive since it's further from the park.

• Opinion of Price: about average