Americas Best Value Inn

2160 West Picacho Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88005, United States
Americas Best Value Inn
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Las Cruces

Basilica of San Albino, Mesilla, Las Cruces, NMBasilica of San Albino, Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM

Flickenger TheaterFlickenger Theater

Mesilla PlazaMesilla Plaza

Wagon RoomWagon Room

Las Cruces, NM weather

by azteck

What is the hottest temperature in Las Cruces, NM in the summer time?

Re: Las Cruces, NM weather

by AGBAT

If you are looking for the record highest temp you may find it at www.weatherunderground.com. but in general the temps are 105-110 for a week or so but generally only in the 90-100 range for Jun-Aug and in the evenings that cools down to the 65-75 range--It is a very dry heat and so can be relieved with an evaporative cooler or a wet t-shirt 8-)

Re: Re: Las Cruces, NM weather

by heplion

True, the temps can be as hot as 110, but bear in mind, that is air temp, it can actually be hotter on the ground. Silly as it sounds, as the heat radiates off the desert and the sidewalks and streets, the temp can actually be more like 115-120. I lived in El Paso for a year (about 1 hour further south) and when the weather would say it was 100, my little key chain thermometer would sometimes read 5-10 degrees higher at desert level. Nonetheless, a wet t-shirt, lots of water and an evaporative cooler will solve all our problems!

Re: Re: Las Cruces, NM weather

by Leipzig

The record highest temperature was 110°F on July 28th 1994. Generally the average highs are between 90 and 95°F.

Chris

Travel Tips for Las Cruces

Trinity Site Tour

by e7forever

The Trinity Site is the location where the first atomic bomb was exploded. It is open to the public twice a year. Usually in April and October. Check out the website for more detail.

**** This year (2005) it is open an extra day on July 16th because it is the 60th anniversary.

Las Cruces Railroad Museum

by Basaic

A few blocks from the mall is the Las Cruces Railroad Museum. This museum is located in the old Santa Fe Depot built in 1910. The museum has been restored with some of the original items from the depot and has displays about the history of the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad’s impact on the Mesilla Valley and Las Cruces. Hours are 10 AM to 4 PM Thursday through Saturday. Admission is free. When I visited they were having the Railroad Days celebration so there were lots of model train enthusiasts with their trains set up.

Dancing in Las Cruces

by TravelCool

`I'm a member of Buen Viaje Dance, one of my companies from VSA. My other VSA company is Equilibrium Theater Company. This trip was with BVD. It was an overnight trip. We performed on our second day there. We were filmed during our performance. I was told it was for TV. I don't think we were on Albuquerque TV, but if any of you live in Las Cruces you might've seen BVD on TV.

"Hey, where are you? Did you find the site?"

by DrexelDragon

"Just follow the high tension wires..."

Well, there's not much to write about in Las Cruces, NM. A University of New Mexico campus is here, but I'm not even sure if it's the main campus or not. I have written reviews and guides for some things here so check them out if you like, but really, this page is more of a story board than anything else.

I got sent to New Mexico in the spring of '03 to do a two week upgrade project. I flew into Texas and then just over the New Mexico border late at nite. You can tell (especially at nite) when you're in Texas and about to cross into NM (or vice versa), because there is a huge Texas Lone Start lit up on the side of a big hill near the highway. I'm driving along, and I can see all this light going up into the sky further down the road. I thought maybe it was a huge construction project or something,. Then I realized the road was going around a large hill, and as I got around there it was. Pretty much the style of Texas. BIG.

Anyway, the next day, I looked up the power plant's street address. Yahoo and Mapquest showed the red line running off the map page from my origination, my hotel. I figured something was wrong. Ends up it wasn't. I drove the way the directions I got from my company told me to go (should have known from the start that it would be wrong). I ended up in the middle of an orchard following those directions. I called up the other guy that got assigned there with me to see where he was. He followed the same directions and ended up in a different orchard a couple miles down the road.

So, we did the next best thing, which was intuition and following the high voltage wires. They got to connect to a power source somewhere. Turns out they took us out of the orchard and way over the plateau. Miles out into the desert. The kind of desolation that gives you views like this one here.

Comments