Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

705 South Telshor Boulevard, (formerly Hilton), Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88011, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Inexpensive Hilton, close to the mall

While on a business trip, I was able to stay in the Las Cruces Hilton, and enjoyed it. I did not have my watch stolen as the other guy did, but the service at this Hilton is definitely suspect. But what do you expect for 60 dollars a night!

More about Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

Loved our Stay at Hotel Encanto

by TripAdvisor Member HDTRAVELERS

Stayed only one night at Hotel Encanto. Guestrooms are welcoming, beds are very comfortable with lots and lots of pillows and a fluffy comforter. Beautiful city lights view from our room! Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Heard a few doors shutting down the hallway from us during the night, but think that's probably true of most hotels. Very nice selection of products (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, soaps etc) are in the bathrooms. Coffee makers are single cup service type, so would recommend ordering a pot of coffee from room service in the morning (that's what we did). Would definitely recommend and look forward to our next stay.

*THE* hotel to stay in while in Las Cruces!

by TripAdvisor Member CurlyGirl7

The Hotel Encanto is one of those wonderful gems in a land full of hotel/motel "rocks". After touring around southwestern New Mexico, you'll want to be pampered a little and relax. The lobby alone allows you to take a deep breath and relax. It's beautifully decorated with an old world new mexican vibe. I found the hotel staff more than knowledgeable and accomodations were plush and very comfortable. The decor is tastefully done and things are well taken care of. Another MUST is to try the cafe! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone on their way through town or people who are planning on staying in the surrounding Las Cruces area for any amount of time. The hotel is located in a great location in the middle of everything...but it doesn't seem anything but peaceful once inside.

Consistently nice stays

by TripAdvisor Member madison666

We have stayed here about 4X since the Hilton became the Hotel Encanto. All of the stays have been great overall, no significant complaints. That said, I will list some of our likes and dislikes:

DISLIKE (all of this was ~ Nov/Dec '06): (1.) dinner in their restaurant where 3 of us ordered paella and it was salty & tough (and not cheap) - yuk. Service was sub-par. (2.) Bar was out of many of the listed specialty beers and tap was very off so that beer not drinkable. This happened 3 nights in a row!!! Bar service was poor. (3.) We did encounter remodeling and messy hallways -- this has not occurred in the past yr.

GREAT: (1). gift shop has nice items including jewelry. (2) breakfast service & food very good. (did not want to try dinner again). (3.) Front desk efficient, friendly w/o problems ever. Intermittently there is bellman service, which can be helpful but not required. (4.) Comfortable beds, nice bedding.

Very good choice for an upscale NON-run of the mill hotel. It is located within walking distance of a few restaurants as well as a mall w/movie theatres.

Rude front Desk Nice otherwise

by TripAdvisor Member wombat1579

Rude girl at the front never smiled. Gave looks that we were putter her out..

Rooms clean and neat if your willing to get passed the front desk

Restaurant a bit pricey but food ok

Great Staff Got A Great Nights Sleep So Cozyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

by TripAdvisor Member evelina00

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the staff is so nice and make you feel right at home. The beds are excellent , the atmosphere is so comfortable, you feel so relaxed after staying here...

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NJ505

I found this hotel to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the lobby atmosphere was rich with local culture. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Free internet access in lobby was readily available. It was not a run-of-the-mill hotel. It felt very high-end, with reasonable prices. Despite the varied reviews on trip advisor, I'd give it an excellent rating.

Ok-rooms need to be updated in the absolute worst way. Yuck!

by TripAdvisor Member Denisetx

I stayed at the Hotel En Canto for one night for business in July. My company paid 179.99 a night. Wow was I disappointed. The rooms are so need of updates its pathetic. Thread bare sheets, doors cracked, stains on carpet, bathroom tile missing, dirty grout, etc. I could go on. Room service menu was extremely limited as well. Room service guys were nice, that is about the only great thing I can say about this hotel.

Vey Lovely and Clean

by TripAdvisor Member RMG66

This hotel used to be a Hilton, but is now a Sterling property I believe. It is beautifully refurbished with original Mexican and Indian artwork and artifacts. The rooms were great and very clean. It definitely exceeded my expectations and I am very picky. The pool was the only negative about the property in my opinion. It was very dirty when we were there, with visible hair and candy bar wrappers floating in it. It should really be totally redone to move this hotel up a notch, but even if they choose to keep it as is at the very least it should be kept clean. We did not eat in the restaurant, but we did have a drink at the bar and the bartender was very kind and welcoming. We had room service twice which was both fast and very good. The front desk staff was efficient kind and professional--with one exception. There was a young man employed by the hotel who at one point was the bellman and at another point was behind the desk for a short time and he was miserable! He was unkind and rude and made my three daughters feel very uneasy...strange is the only word to describe him. At one point my daughter went up to the desk to get a phone number for a local restaurant and he said he didn't know it then threw a phone book at her from behind the counter! Other than this one individual,this hotel is the top choice in Las Cruces NM!

Horrible Check In Experience

by TripAdvisor Member dawgg

I called the hotel directly and was givin a price and when my party arrived, I was charged a totally outrageous amount! The person behind the counter was rude and very unprofessional.

Comments