Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 2924
Meson de Mesilla: Reasonable choice – but not as good as it thinks
We had hoped to be able to stay in one of the few bed and breakfast places in the heart of old Mesilla, but one was fully booked by the time we came to make arrangements and the other very expensive. The Meson de Mesilla seemed from my research to be the next best option, and I think that proved to be the case. It is a smallish hotel within walking distance of the Plaza, meaning that we could leave the car behind and both enjoy a few drinks on our final evening. It would be churlish to complain about the comfortable stay we had here, were it not for the exaggerated claims made by the hotel itself on its website. This is not a “boutique hotel”, nor is it any sort of bed and breakfast, let alone the “finest Bed and Breakfast in Mesilla” – breakfast is not even included in the room rates. What it is, in fact, is simply a mid-range mid-priced hotel with some nice design features in its rather small bedrooms.
I had read some reviews that referred to the smallness of the rooms, and as it was our last night and I knew we would want to unpack and repack, difficult in a small space, I chose to pay extra for the middle of the three room options, the Veranda Queen room. But it was still definitely on the small side for the $122 we paid (including taxes). The queen bed was very comfortable, though bizarrely high from the floor (it might not suit some disabled people, although others would find it particularly easy to get into). The bathroom was stylish and had lovely thick towels, but there were few toiletries provided, such as one would have expected from a real boutique hotel. We had a small TV, but no fridge or mini-bar.
The hotel has a restaurant which gets good reviews, and the menu looked promising though pricey, but we didn’t want to eat in a hotel on our last evening and indeed had chosen the hotel for its proximity to other good eating options. We also chose not to have breakfast here as I’d spotted a reference in our Moon Handbook to the great coffee to be had at a nearby coffee bar. So the greatest plus point for us was location, and at about ten minutes’ walk from the Plaza this is as good as you can get if you can’t (or prefer not to) stay in a bed and breakfast.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Mesilla New Mexico Hotels
- Big Savings on Mesilla Hotels Book Online or Call 1-866-218-8076 mesilla.hotels-and-discounts.com/
- Inn Mesilla Valley Las
- Compare prices of this hotel in Las Cruces, New Mexico. www.hotelium.com/Inn-Mesilla-Valley
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Cheap-Hotels
Explore the World
- Mesilla Hotels
- Save up to 40%! Price Match Guarantee. www.hotels.com/Mesilla
- 5 Hotels in Mesilla
- Lowest price guarantee! Book your Hotel in Mesilla online www.booking.com/Mesilla-Hotels
- Hotels in Mesilla
- Find Hotels in Mesilla, NM. Ratings. Reviews. Bed Bug Alerts. www.raveable.com/mesilla-hotels
- New Mexico Lodging
- Complete Family of La Quinta Inns. Find Special Deals. Reserve Today! www.lq.com/
- Mesilla New Mexico Hotels
- Save at Mesilla Hotels Call 817-333-5105 or Book Online. mesilla.hotelreservations.com/
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates