4107 Highway 68, Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico, 87557, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

More about Adobe and Pines Inn

Wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member mbz1

I had never stayed in Taos before, so I was relying on reviews here on Tripadvisor for some input before choosing a place to stay. As usual, I was rewarded with accurate information. The Adobe and Pines was indeed excellent. Our hosts Catherine and Louis, were unfailingly charming, helpful, and focused on our comfort. The room was spacious compared to many B&B's (we were in the Roja casita), and furnished with some wonderful amenities (two fireplaces, jacuzzi tub, microwave, etc.. Perhaps the biggest plus was that our Gordon Setter was as welcome as we humans were. This is huge for anyone who has (and loves) a dog. The alpaca, the goat, and the owner's dogs were all fun to encounter too. One thing that we also liked, was that this B&B is not located right in the center of all the activity there near the plaza. It is however close enough to get there quickly. To us this was the best of both worlds.

Total Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member Eloise77

Our stay at Adobe and Pines was exceptional. The ambience was peaceful, quiet and secluded. The food was exquisite, the hospitality extraordinary and the room most comfortable. We highly recommend a two or three night stay. One night just doesn't give you time to discover what relaxing is all about.

Lovely retreat

by TripAdvisor Member KansasHummingbird

We stayed two nights in the Puerta Roja suite on this lovely property just south of Ranchos de Taos. At first, we thought we wanted to stay in Taos Plaza, but after much thought, we booked this room, and are so glad we did. Downtown Taos is very hectic, touristy, crowded, and the traffic flow is terrible. It was so nice to leave that conjestion and have a nice, relaxing place out of town.

Our suite had a queen bed, leather couch, small kitchen, two fireplaces (very romantic), lots of candles in the bathroom, a two-person whirlpool tub, a walk-in tiled shower, bathrobes, slippers, and places to sit right outside the casita. What more could you ask?

The innkeepers were not there our first night and morning, but the staff was very helpful. She made dinner reservations for us at The Stakeout, which was absolutely fantastic. The breakfast was good, but the service seemed to take forever. We had mini-muffins, pecan pancakes, a little fruit, juice, and coffee.

Breakfast on the second morning was just the opposite of the first morning. The innkeepers had returned, and everything was ready. We had cheese blitzes, sausage, fruit, and the mini muffins. It was a friendlier atmosphere, so we were happy to see it compared favorably to other B & B's in which we have stayed.

The only complaint I would have is that it is dog friendly. I should have read the description a bit better. I know that people who travel with pets are very appreciative of this, but my allergy acted up, and I think it was because dogs are allowed in the rooms, and there is no way to get all the dog hair and dander vacuumed. This was an inconvenience, but did not detract from a wonderful stay.

A Perfect Honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member TVatcher

We stayed in the Puerta Turquese for our week-long honeymoon. The room was beautiful and we loved having our own private hot tub. Katherine & Louis were so friendly, giving us great advice on where to visit and eat. The atmosphere was so laid back. The breakfasts were beautiful and delicious. We are already planning our next trip to New Mexico, it felt like coming home.

What A Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member gypsyred

If you are going to Taos---this is the place to stay. It is an oasis in the hectic life of traveling. The hosts are friendly and helpful. Breakfast an experience not to be missed. The food is not only beyond delicious, but a new masterpiece everyday. BRAVO!

Peaceful Adobe Retreat in Taos

by TripAdvisor Member Italiandreams

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights in this lovely property in Taos, NM. The bed and breakfast is located just outside of the busy tourist area of Taos, in a beautiful vegetated setting with a stream running through. It is an historic property and has been lovingly restored. It was relaxing, quiet, and the breakfast every morning was wonderful. The hosts live on the property and are there to assist you with travel information, restaurant recommendations, etc. Every restaurant we visited that was recommended by our hosts was fabulous. Very friendly place, yet large enough so that you have privacy from other guests. The breakfast room was set up every morning and was beautiful and inviting. We stayed in the smallest room which was still very charming with a corner kiva fireplace. While I did not see the other rooms, I'm sure that they are all equally lovely. If you don't like to be cozy, I would go for a larger room. It was fine for us, however.

A perfect getaway

by TripAdvisor Member nonnygirl

For anyone who wants a little rest and relaxation combined with beautiful surroundings this is the place for you. The grounds are beautiful, the hosts are kind and super helpful, and the rooms are comfy and inviting. Breakfast was huge. You won't be hungry for days. We loved it and will be sure to return!

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member GoldenJudy

A wonderful little southwestern B&B. The property is set back far enough from the road that noise is not an issue, and I am a VERY light sleeper. The property is located a few miles from the main plaza which was overloaded with people. It was so refreshing to be able to drive a short distance to get away from the crowds. We dined at Lambert's which was not very successful--overpriced and very ordinary. The breakfast at Adobe and Pines was delicious and they even catered to my special requests. We didn't need the a/c even though it was hot during the day . As we arrived, 4 little pygmy goats greeted us! We would have liked to have seen more flowers and green grass off of the breakfast room. The owners were so friendly and welcomed our dog too. We will not hesitate to return.

A Little Bit Of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member petah

I can't think of a more pleasant repast than spending time at Adobe and Pines. No detail is overlooked---from the comfort of the guests to compelling conversation with the hosts.

If one seeks to relax in an authentic Southwestern atmosphere, away from traffic noise and pollution...think A and P. If one seeks excellent, intelligent and comprehensive information about Taos and surroundings, think A and P. If one seeks "drop-dead" interior design, think A and P.

I would consider returning to Taos just to spend a few more nights with Katharine and Luis at Adobe and Pines!!

Wynne Bouley