Frontier Motel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 36 reviews
Booking.com Travelocity

Worst Place I Have Ever Stayed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2012

I normally don’t take the time to write a review, but when I have such a terrible experience I will take the time.

FIRST I WILL SAY, DO NOT STAY HERE. PAY A LITTLE BIT EXTRA MONEY AND STAY AT THE BEST WESTERN OR ANY OTHER LIKE-TYPE ESTABLISHMENT. DO NOT GO HERE, IT IS NOT WORTH SAVING THE FEW EXTRA DOLLARS.

My wife and I live in San Antonio and recently decided to travel to Roswell, NM and surrounding areas just because we had never been to New Mexico and thought it would be fun.

We chose to stay at the Frontier Motel located on Main St. because we felt it would give us a more local feel and it was very reasonably priced. We also booked through Orbitz.com and felt that they only would deal with reputable places to stay. We arrived in Roswell about 2:00am local time and checked in. It took the desk clerk/owner a very long time to come to the door. Once we got to the front desk, we were treated very rudely, but we just attributed that to the late hour and after we got our keys we proceeded to the room. The room was a bit outdated and the carpet was filthy, but we were tired and felt for what we paid it would be fine.

The next morning, we got up to take showers and saw the shower/tub combo for the first time. It was terribly filthy and disgusting, it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in months, there were clumps of hair on the sides and the tile of the shower. We had to wear sandals in the shower for sanitary purposes. I tried to call down to the front desk, but the phone in the room did not work, so we just left out for our day in New Mexico.

We returned around 11:00pm and when we arrived, there were people out there drunk, definite drug usage, a lot of bad language, threats of violence, screaming, guys making inappropriate cat calls to my wife as well as other females there. It was a place we didn’t feel safe staying in at night, and we are originally from Atlanta. If you want a good idea of what it was like and you get the reference, it was like a Tyler Perry Movie BEFORE Madea shows up, or what Eminem describes in his songs about where he grew up. A Meth commercial would also be a pretty accurate description of what this place was like.

We decided to pack our bags and leave, we felt unsafe staying there and were not going to put ourselves in that position. We called Orbitz for another hotel, they told me to get a refund I would have to go talk to the owner of the current establishment that I was in. When I went to talk to him, I calmly explained my situation and feelings and asked for one night of the two night stay back since we weren’t staying the second night. We had been in our room for exactly 15 min which was long enough for us to make other arrangements and put out stuff in the car, the room was untouched from that days “cleaning”. As I started to talk, the owner started to interrupt me and shake his head at me. Finally he just said I am not giving you your money back and you can leave. I started to tell him how that wasn’t really fair since we weren’t staying the night then he proceeded to start cussing at me, which is when I left the office and started heading towards my car. He followed me out to my car yelling and screaming. I kept trying to figure out what he was saying, but every time I asked he would just walk away and as I headed towards my car door would come back to say some more inappropriate comments that I could only get bits and pieces of.

The last thing I would like to say about this motel is that it really isn’t so much a motel for tourists or people passing through. It was clear and obvious that this was more so a temporary housing establishment for people with low income and people who were out there for temporary general labor type of work.

This is not the type of place to take you family if you care at all about their safety and well-being even in the slightest bit.

The owner of this establishment did nothing to rectify the situation like any professional business owner would, and for that reason, and his unprofessional behavior, I felt inclined to write this review.

Worst Place I Have Ever Stayed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2012

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Roswell Travel Forum

Need advice about Roswell, New Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Roswell and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Roswell hotel reviews