Cities Of Gold Casino

Satisfaction Poor

More about Santa Fe

St. Francis of AssissiSt. Francis of Assissi

Rio Grande Gorge from the bridgeRio Grande Gorge from the bridge

New Mexico Museum of Art, just off the PlazaNew Mexico Museum of Art, just off the Plaza

Loretto Chapel, New MexicoLoretto Chapel, New Mexico

anyone want to meet in The City Different?

by ellielou

hey, I've been back and forth between DC/Balto. and SFe and ABQ for months now. My work there may be ending soon, although I hope not!

Anyway, I have a sense of each place, so I don't need someone to show me around. Was just wondering if anyone would like to meet for dinner in and/or drinks in SFe on July 6, or on July 20th. I'm fine hanging alone or with boss, but really would love meeting some great VT folks from the Land of Enchantment.

happy trails, Ellen

Re: anyone want to meet in The City Different?

by AlbuqRay

Ellen,
I don't look in the NM forum often, so I just saw your posting. It sounds like you get along fine in our part of the world, but if you want some suggestions the next time you are out, drop me an e-mail. I'm guessing, but I think my daughter and her friends are about your age. You might be able to join them sometime. BTW, I used to go to the Baltimore area a lot. Havre de Grace is one of my favorite places.

Re: Re: anyone want to meet in The City Different?

by flumby

i need help. Im looking for an old friend of mine. I havent heard from him in years. We met during a travel in thailand in 98- 99, and we spendt a few months together on koh phangan.
I only know his first name, Denny, and that he was from santa fe, new mexico. We had a few nicknames on him too, like Den, Seadog Den and the Chang-man. He is about 45-50 years old now. I think he got married to a vietnamese girl a few years back, but can not be sure of this.
Denny used to have a mustache.
Please, if anybody knows who Im talking about, let me know. Or tell him to email me.

hchamp2003@yahoo.com
or
fossvold@hotmail.com

Travel Tips for Santa Fe

The Bandelier Monument. It's...

by star091

The Bandelier Monument. It's a tour of the Anasazi. Even if you're into looking at rocks, there's one part of the tour where you climb up this 140ft ladder to a little hole in the rocks. That was where the Anasazi lived. It gives you the feeling of going back in time and being in their shoes. The foods are amazing;spicy. People are soo friendly. Driving to Taos. It felt like a driving game. We started off with cloudy weather. than the sky started raining, snowing, turned dark, and then the sun came up. The feeling Santa Fe sends out is inviting, and warm.

Green Chile

by SFNinja

Santa Feans love green chile on everything. No, Chile isnt a pot of spicy beans and meat, it comes in red and green, although the green is really only common in New Mexico. Make sure you try it, it is much better than any other chile you've had! Another combination is "christmas" which is a combination of both red and green. Try it on enchiladas, pizza...i've even seen it on Ice Cream. Be sure to bring some home too, you'll miss it.

Take A Look At Camel Rock

by VeronicaG

As we traveled through Tesuque on US Hwy. 285 and Rt. 84 we were afforded a fantastic view of the mountains and a natural wonder called Camel Rock.

Camel Rock is a sandstone formation that has been eroded into a camel-like shape. It sits off to one side of the highway, surrounded by a concrete wall which can be accessed by a walkway leading to the top of the hill. A small pull over allows a few vehicles to park, while taking a closer look at this natural formation.

The wind howls through these hills, so its no wonder it has carved away at the rugged landscape.

Chimayo & El Santuario

by Toughluck

North of Santa Fe, outside of Espanola, is El Santuario. It is a small church that has become a pilgramage site for the sick. Miracles have occurred after visiting this site. It's a beautiful drive and a pleasant setting. For the healthy, it is refreshing for the spirit and the body. For more information, see my Chimayo page.

Beautiful landscapes and still lifes

by karenincalifornia about Canyon Road Fine Art

One of our favorite galleries on Canyon Road was Canyon Road Fine Art. It's a small gallery, displaying works of about 10 artists. The owner of the gallery has taste in art very much like my own. I loved just about every work being displayed. Most of the art consisted of still lifes and landscapes with some portraits. We bought a painting entitled "Santa Domingo & Onions" by Wendy Higgins. My husband and I admire the native pottery and we both like to cook, and cook with onions a lot, so this seemed to be a very appropriate piece of art for our home.

The artist Wendy Higgins has an interesting background. She studied art in college, but her art department valued abstract expression more highly than Wendy's representational style. She learned little about art in college. She then became a landscape architect and did not start painting again until 18 years later, and then she moved to New Mexico. Much of her art now has a Southwestern influence.

Comments