Eldorado Hotel And Spa

309 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Best Hotel

Ok So I am not a tourist I am one of those locals you all seem to like to mention. The eldorado hotel is one of the best hotels in town. It hased housed everyone from president bush to several A list celebraties. It is definetly one of the nicest and most prestigest hotels in town. Oh yea and there sunday brunch is to die for.

More about Eldorado Hotel And Spa

Great service!

by TripAdvisor Member kityhwk

My husband and I were with a group of about 300 and stayed at the Eldorado Hotel from April 24-27, 2005. We had a suite which was very large. The bellman were friendly and helpful. Always smiling and knew us by name. They had a new spa director and she was also very nice. All the people I spoke to in our group, who had a spa treatment were extremely happy with their services. I had the hot stone massage and loved it. We were given hot cookies at night which I personally loved! There were apples at the check-in desk. The room was always kept clean. They are having a water shortage and asked guests to conserve on towels etc. We never left towels on the floor, but they always changed them anyway. My only complaint about this hotel is the exercise room. It is extremely small and not many cardio machines. Virtually no weights at all. However, I heard they were in the plans of making a more improved gym. Also, the pool is very small and the water didn't look too clean. We ate at "The Old House" Restaurant with a group of 10 and the food was excellent. Everyone was very happy. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

Disappointed but not awful

We were there 5 days last week for a conference, and I'd expected better. The rooms we were in needed attention. The first room had air conditioning problems (opened window helped but the noise was awful) which were not fixed as promised, so we fortunately were able to move to another room the following evening. Another of the group was told there were no more rooms available when he requested another room. Several in our group mentioned the noise interrupted their sleep. Food was only ok. Staff was verbally accommodating and very pleasant, even when they didn't follow through correcting problems. Bartender was rude. Convenient location, nice art, and the spa was reported to be very good-but I would stay somewhere else.

A lovely typical Santa Fe hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BayAreaRes

The hotel is quite charming, and staff frieindly. I was here on business, and did most of my meetings in the hotel, using their conference rooms. The rooms are well equipped, and coffee, juice, fruit, water came promptly, and the staff most helpful and polite. The hotel lobby is very nice, and has free wi-fi, but poor reception that phased in and out constantly, you are better off paying the 9.95 per day high-speed internet in the room. My room was charming and spacious, but has no view at all. The biggest problem with the room was the shower, which shot out icy cold water and boiling hot water from second to second, I burned myself in the shower every morning. We ate at the Old House Restaurant, supoosed to be a 4 stars restaurant, the service was incredibly and painfully slow, the food was so-so, and it came warm not hot, definitely overpriced for what you get Breaksfasts in the Lounge was equally slow, just to order a simple egg and some toast took over 10 minutes, and then another 10 minutes to get the order. The happy hour free appetizers in the lounge are quite tasty though, so don't miss it. On the whole, it is an OK hotel, if they can sort out the issues above, however, for the $250 a night they charge, it isn't worth it.

pretty nice

by TripAdvisor Member casabear

I have to first say I stayed in two different rooms the time I was there because ended up staying longer than expected. The first room was very lovely. A large couch, 2 nice chairs, cofee table and big bed. The bed had 9 pillows on it, and a soft bed spread. The bathroom was lovely with marble shower and counter. Lots of counter space. There was a full size ironing board and iron. They provided a blow dryer and snacks in the room too. They had high speed internet but it was $10 per day. They had a nice desk to work on and quite a few nice lamps in the room too. They had lots of nice toiletries as well. The second room I did not like....It was a lot smaller, the carpet was ugly and had stains on it. The sink was small and the lighting was horrible. The bed spread was all scratchy too. So...for the most part it was alright...just a little expensive.

Loved El Dorado

by TripAdvisor Member gkraus1

We had our doubts after reading some of the reviews that were posted here. Our experience at this hotel was very good, it has a great location. The room was confortable and clean and they offer a very nice breakfast.
The concierge was very helpful as far as recommendations of places to visit as well as driving directions.
The only thing that I did not like was the fact that they charge $16 per day for parking...

Eldorado Hotel accident

by TripAdvisor Member amoswald

I fell at the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe, NM, in July. Hotel staff was cleaning the tile entry way with a greasy substance and did not put up a caution sign or rope off the entry. The hotel staff was not responsive when I told them I was hurt. My pants were soiled and I had terrible bruises on my knees. My trip was ruined because it was painful to walk. After many attempts I finally reached the general manager after I returned home. He seemed very unconcerned that I had fallen and could have broken my kneecaps. He said he would look into the matter and call me back. He never did.

I eventually contacted Expedia, with whom I made the reservation. Expedia directed me to call the hotel manager, even though I explained he did not answer my calls. The general manager also told Expedia he had spoken to me 3 days ago although he never did.

I spent over $1K with this hotel and they would not respond to me! After many long distance calls I am now trying to get a response from the hotel's risk management department in New York City.

The room was nothing great. Food in the restaurants was good. We ate there more than we planned because I couldn't walk. The pool is tiny and wind blown. The concierge was very pleasant.

we liked it

by TripAdvisor Member skiswimsun

I'd not read anything about the eldorado since my husband planned this trip. but now that i read the negative comments, i think they must have cleaned the place up. the lobby is beautiful, as is the bar. we found the service to be fantastic. yes, it's a pain to pay the valet, but that's what happens when you travel. we had one of the suites with a fireplace. it was very nice, but we were told we couldn't light it ourselves, but had to get a bellman to do it. then, the bellman that came up couldn't get it going. oh well. the only other "negative" is that the bathroom is super small for a suite that size. the views were fabulous. we're going back later this month, and we're not splurging on the suite this time...we really didn't spend too much time in our room. for $158/night, this is a great value. oh, and the restaurant is GREAT.

Top Notch experience

My wife and I just came back from Santa Fe and a wonderful stay at the El Dorado Hotel. I do not know where to begin. The service and staff were outstanding. We loved the fireplace in the room and the outdoor jacuzzi on the roof. The room along with the views were spectacular. We have traveled and stayed at the best resorts in the world and I would rank this up there with any of them. Great time. Would go back and stay there in a heartbeat.

Top notch experience