Fort Marcy Suites

Tags

Arts and Culture Family Travel Museum Visits
See Amenities

Don’t do it

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Fort Marcy for our Anniversary on April 13th. First night there a fight broke out in the parking lot causing damage to our vehicle. Contacted after hours line to only leave a voicemail; message returned 30 min later to be informed the property doesn’t have Security. Both Night Agent & my Husband contacted the Police department to not have any response.

The next morning we discovered the damage to our vehicle and reported it to the front desk. Day Agent informed a police report would need to be completed and incident report. We were informed that a Manager would be in contact w/us. I left my business card with contact information.

I attempted to contact a Manager several days after incident with no contact back. 20 DAYS after the incident I attempt to make contact again to have the GM Luis call my “co-worker” instead of contacting me. After I reach out again I am informed that the property doesn’t have ANY SECURITY NOR INSURANCE for incidents that occur on property. According to the GM “Signage is posted to park at your own risk” apparently he feels that clears them of all liability. Why should I have to absorb the damage to my vehicle when I wasn’t involved in the incident and their poor definition of accountability?!?

I heard nothing but excuses from the GM and a lack of customer service. Once I informed that we will no longer spend our personal money at Fort Marcy & I will reach out to my friends, family & co-workers to not lodge there as well as leave a negative review. The GM “Mr. Professional” or lack thereof accused me of extortion and he will be contacting my co-worker. Really, look up the definition there Luis. I just want what’s right for the hotel to cover the damages to my vehicle! I have a right to place a negative review as a paying customer & a right as an American Citizen to express my freedom of speech. My co-worker has nothing to do with my personal trip! Like I said in the phone call, we will not be spending personal nor business money there in the future. I would hate to see if our company vehicle(s) were damages. Fort Marcy will not take accountability nor cover anything. No thanks, I would rather spend my money elsewhere!

All Seasons Resort Lodging deserves to know how their resort in Fort Marcy is being run as well as paying customers deserve to know the lack of Management Professionalism.

Directions: Dump on side of road

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Amazing suites on a hill over Santa Fe!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2009

This hotel has been chosen by a magazine as one of the top hotels in Santa Fe and usually goes for about $250 per night…but we got a good deal through Expedia for a Saturday and Sunday stay at only $169 per night and then Sunday was FREE! Cool! Stayed April 2009.

I plugged in the GPS the Santa Fe address and we drove about 8-9 hours I think from our home in the Phoenix area. It did look like we were going to the wrong place because the streets were small but finally, we did see the Kearney Road and it was an uphill road and on the left was the main office of Fort Marcy Suites.

Nobody was around because it was already 10 PM. But there was an open door which led to a small room with a PHONE which you pick up for late registration. It was answered in 30 seconds, and then I was given the security code for the safety box which had my suite keycard and details. Cool.

Instructions were easy to follow to go to our one-bedroom suite (they also have 3-BR suites) and we went to Rm #76 I think. We just parked on the inclined street and went down the steps to reach our room and it was a very nicely decorated, looking like a Southwestern home. The kitchen was adequate and well-equipped with refrigerator and utensils…the sofa was not an open-up bed but if you are not too tall, you can sleep on it. The bedroom had a bed which did look smaller than King and unfortunately it was a bit hard. The fan was also kinda noisy.

But there was adequate closet space and the bathroom was an okay size although it would have been nice if it was bigger. The sink was very Santa Fe --- with the mosaic porcelain design.

The next day, the office was open at 8 AM – we asked the reception about the area and they answered directions for going to Roswell which we wanted to visit in two days…
The main issue for me though was that the wireless internet reception in my room did not have good signal, so I had to park at night near the office to get good reception. I think I was there until late the next evening and security got a little curious about my car after it was parked for a while with the headlights on.

But the best thing about the hotel is being on Fort Marcy Hill/Park where we chanced upon the Cross of the Martyrs which has an amazing view of Santa Fe (this cross in one of my tips)…Across our suite buildings, we just saw some teenagers going down a road and my 5 year old son - and we went to where they were heading and saw a sign which said it was the Fort Marcy Park and then we saw a pathway which led to the nice outlook point.

Hit or Miss Condos

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2007

These are indivdually owned condos. We stayed here for a family reunion, and it seems to be hit or miss. Our condo was full of problems, the shower leaked though the celing, the binds would not open, a window broke. Mantainance did come to look at the shower, but told us there was not much they could do, and that the owner had to fix the problem. Another condo reeked of smoke when a non-smoking condo was requested.
This is a pretty property, but there are lots of stairs! (And no handicap acess that we could see).

Unique Quality: The view is amazing from here, because it of it's location on top of a hill. It is a bit isolated, but a easy walk 15-20 minute walk to downtown.

Nearby Fort Marcy Suites

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Santa Fe Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Fe, New Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Fe and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Fe hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Inn on the Alameda
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Santa Fe
Kateri Tekakwitha (Saint Kateri)
Gratitude to Spain monument
Loretto Chapel
Palace of Governors
A Real Disappointment
Restaurants
Shindoni Sculpture garden and glass blowing
Pecos Monument