Fort Marcy Suites

320 Artist Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, United States

Fort Marcy Hotel Suites
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Don’t do it

My Husband and I stayed at Fort Marcy for our Anniversary on April 13th. First night there a fight broke out in the parking lot causing damage to our vehicle. Contacted after hours line to only leave a voicemail; message returned 30 min later to be informed the property doesn’t have Security. Both Night Agent & my Husband contacted the Police department to not have any response.

The next morning we discovered the damage to our vehicle and reported it to the front desk. Day Agent informed a police report would need to be completed and incident report. We were informed that a Manager would be in contact w/us. I left my business card with contact information.

I attempted to contact a Manager several days after incident with no contact back. 20 DAYS after the incident I attempt to make contact again to have the GM Luis call my “co-worker” instead of contacting me. After I reach out again I am informed that the property doesn’t have ANY SECURITY NOR INSURANCE for incidents that occur on property. According to the GM “Signage is posted to park at your own risk” apparently he feels that clears them of all liability. Why should I have to absorb the damage to my vehicle when I wasn’t involved in the incident and their poor definition of accountability?!?

I heard nothing but excuses from the GM and a lack of customer service. Once I informed that we will no longer spend our personal money at Fort Marcy & I will reach out to my friends, family & co-workers to not lodge there as well as leave a negative review. The GM “Mr. Professional” or lack thereof accused me of extortion and he will be contacting my co-worker. Really, look up the definition there Luis. I just want what’s right for the hotel to cover the damages to my vehicle! I have a right to place a negative review as a paying customer & a right as an American Citizen to express my freedom of speech. My co-worker has nothing to do with my personal trip! Like I said in the phone call, we will not be spending personal nor business money there in the future. I would hate to see if our company vehicle(s) were damages. Fort Marcy will not take accountability nor cover anything. No thanks, I would rather spend my money elsewhere!

All Seasons Resort Lodging deserves to know how their resort in Fort Marcy is being run as well as paying customers deserve to know the lack of Management Professionalism.

Directions: Dump on side of road

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Amazing suites on a hill over Santa Fe!

This hotel has been chosen by a magazine as one of the top hotels in Santa Fe and usually goes for about $250 per night…but we got a good deal through Expedia for a Saturday and Sunday stay at only $169 per night and then Sunday was FREE! Cool! Stayed April 2009.

I plugged in the GPS the Santa Fe address and we drove about 8-9 hours I think from our home in the Phoenix area. It did look like we were going to the wrong place because the streets were small but finally, we did see the Kearney Road and it was an uphill road and on the left was the main office of Fort Marcy Suites.

Nobody was around because it was already 10 PM. But there was an open door which led to a small room with a PHONE which you pick up for late registration. It was answered in 30 seconds, and then I was given the security code for the safety box which had my suite keycard and details. Cool.

Instructions were easy to follow to go to our one-bedroom suite (they also have 3-BR suites) and we went to Rm #76 I think. We just parked on the inclined street and went down the steps to reach our room and it was a very nicely decorated, looking like a Southwestern home. The kitchen was adequate and well-equipped with refrigerator and utensils…the sofa was not an open-up bed but if you are not too tall, you can sleep on it. The bedroom had a bed which did look smaller than King and unfortunately it was a bit hard. The fan was also kinda noisy.

But there was adequate closet space and the bathroom was an okay size although it would have been nice if it was bigger. The sink was very Santa Fe --- with the mosaic porcelain design.

The next day, the office was open at 8 AM – we asked the reception about the area and they answered directions for going to Roswell which we wanted to visit in two days…
    The main issue for me though was that the wireless internet reception in my room did not have good signal, so I had to park at night near the office to get good reception. I think I was there until late the next evening and security got a little curious about my car after it was parked for a while with the headlights on.

But the best thing about the hotel is being on Fort Marcy Hill/Park where we chanced upon the Cross of the Martyrs which has an amazing view of Santa Fe (this cross in one of my tips)…Across our suite buildings, we just saw some teenagers going down a road and my 5 year old son - and we went to where they were heading and saw a sign which said it was the Fort Marcy Park and then we saw a pathway which led to the nice outlook point.

• Hit or Miss Condos

These are indivdually owned condos. We stayed here for a family reunion, and it seems to be hit or miss. Our condo was full of problems, the shower leaked though the celing, the binds would not open, a window broke. Mantainance did come to look at the shower, but told us there was not much they could do, and that the owner had to fix the problem. Another condo reeked of smoke when a non-smoking condo was requested.
    This is a pretty property, but there are lots of stairs! (And no handicap acess that we could see).

Unique Quality: The view is amazing from here, because it of it's location on top of a hill. It is a bit isolated, but a easy walk 15-20 minute walk to downtown.

More about Fort Marcy Suites

View of Santa Fe Downtown - Cross of Martyrs

by jumpingnorman

We stayed at the Fort Marcy Suites which is a set of nice condo-style suites set on a hill overlooking Santa Fe. Just across it, we stumbled upon the park of Fort Marcy which also had a paved pathway which eventually led to an amazing view of Santa Fe- looking at the northeast corner of downtown. You could see the St. Francis Cathedral which was being renovated at the time (April 2009).

At the outlook point, there is a large white cross which is called the Cross of the Martyrs, referring to the Franciscans killed during the Pueblo Rebellion of 1680. To be more accurate, the cross is located at the top of a winding brick walkway from Paseo de Peralta near Otero Street. It is part of the Fort Marcy Park which marks the 1846 site of the first U.S. military reservation in the Southwest.

My son and I were there at sunset, and the whole family went during the night (9PM) as well since the park is open 24 hours. We did not encounter any problems – there were only a couple of teenagers dating in the romantic setting. However, very late at night, it might not be too safe.

617 Paseo de Peralta

Gem of the city

by TripAdvisor Member tadec5

Fort Marcy Suites/condos was a terrific find. Only a few blocks from the center Plaza, but far enough away to lessen traffic noise. Fully appointed condos, that are well taken care of. Besides comfort and plenty of room to relax in, Fort Marcy also offers the most fabulous shuttle service. The drivers are friendly, polite and informative. We never waited more than a few minutes for them to arrive and take us to our next desired destination. I will definitely stay here again when I come back.

A Wonderful Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member Pahoot

Having read some of the reviews about Fort Marcy Suites we were prepared to be less than enchanted. So how thrilled we were to find our condo to be spacious, extremely well equipped and surgically clean! Our unit looked out over a small canyon and the smell of the piñons and the sounds of the birds were a wonderful way to end and begin our days.

We did find that on the weekend there was a full house and with that, a bit more noise, but nothing we couldn't handle. Yes, the kitchen was a bit dated but everything worked fine and we weren't there to spend time in the kitchen. The units are within walking distance to the plaza yet removed from the bustle of town.

We loved Santa Fe and were very pleased with the suite.

Wonderful oasis amidst the summer hubbub

by TripAdvisor Member janea54

My 21 year old daughter and I spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom (1 king, 1 queen) suite as a last hurrah before her last college semester resumed. I don't think I could've chosen a better place for two gals who "need their space" and want to be close to the action but not right on top of it.

Speaking of being on top of it, yes, Fort Marcy is up a steep hill; but this is actually a huge advantage providing all but the mountain goats among you use the free shuttle EVERY time you are ready to ascend on foot. The 3-4 block walk down to the plaza is a piece of cake, but after ascending only once I vowed never to do it again! Our friendly shuttle driver basically thought anyone would be crazy to do it!

Re. the shuttle, I booked the opera package (included a $50 gift certificate and a supposed ride to and from the opera). One problem re. the shuttle: they stop service at 10 pm and the opera runs till 11:30. Yes, they could get you there; but you would need to make other arrangements to return. We saw quite a few folks boarding Santa Fe Opera shuttle buses. I believe they charge $20 per person. It was not a big deal to me, as the opera is about a 10 minute drive; but it could be a deal breaker for some.

I can't say enough about the quietude, lovely western mountain sunset view and feeling of being at home. We also took advantage of the full kitchen. Since we were driving, I brought many supplies, but only used one of my dish towels (only one in the unit which isn't enough to dry a few handwashed dishes left over after running the big d/w load). There was even a sponge (a recent guest noted a sponge problem!). We paid a visit our first night to Whole Foods on Cerillos and got a wonderful assortment of odds and ends. There is also a Smith's fairly close by car, which we also could've frequented.

We did not take advantage of either the pool or continental breakfast. If you have a car, I question why you would pull yourself out of bread, get dressed and walk to the office just for a danish and coffee when you could walk pajama-clad down the hallway to the wonderful kitchen in your own unit. Some have remarked on the huge walk-in master closet. Yes, it's a joy complete with ironing board and iron and a window. Rather bizarre layout, though, as it means this is the only window in the master. I'm one of those who likes my closet door(s) shut when I retire, and I would've felt a bit claustrophobic had it not been for the skylight. We are all wired differently, though, and some might prefer no window. I also noted that the livingroom tv is oddly positioned in relation to the loveseat and couch. The hutch should've been moved from the corner and positioned a few feet away on the same wall. Note that the second tv is in the master as it should be.

In pricy Santa Fe, there are a lot of options, many on Cerillos which wouldn't have broken the bank; but for those who want a more intimate experience and cherish the space and proximity to the plaza, I would not hesitate to recommend Fort Marcy Suites.

Check-in could've been a bit warmer. I joked with the gal that she might have end of the season burnout. Other staff I encountered was friendlier, but this is only a suggestion that all should be welcoming. That first impression is important.

Note that housekeeping isn't included for stays less than 6 days. Not a problem unless you accumulate a lot of trash or need more towels (just call desk). Also, if you want to use your fireplace or woodburning stove, they charge you about $11 for the wood.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member EPWalker

This was our fourth stay at Fort Marcy. We booked a two bedroom, 2 bath unit for us and another couple. The unit was every bit as comfortable as our own home. It was well maintained (these are condos, and sometimes the owner hasn't upgraded the unit sufficiently), attractive and spacious. We always prefer a kitchenette as this helps reduce travel costs. Everything worked as it should, the staff was friendly and helpful. I believe this management company is new as of a couple of years ago, and it shows.

What a beating

by TripAdvisor Member jeferimomma

The first room we were given was dark and depressing. We were moved to a condo with a washer and dryer, which was nice for a six night stay. Did I mention a six night stay with roaches and ants? And when we called the front desk about the ants, the young lady said she couldn't get the maintenance man to come to our room because he didn't have any spray and "he was mean to me." And, we prepaid through Orbitz, but the hotel is trying to charge us for two additional nights that we didn't stay there. The condos vary in quality, but the customer service consistently sucks. Glad to have the w/d though, because we had to wash our own linens. Only saw housekeeping once the whole week. TV in the master bedroom didn't work. TV in the living room got lousy reception. Absolutely DO NOT take your kids!!!

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member Kellarvacations

Bob Kellar Glendale, AZ

We did not know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The service was excellent. The shuttle to downtown was a life saver for us. We didn't have to search for a place to park. The rooms were spaceous and pleasantly decorated.. The full kitchen was extremely helpful.

Great Family Vacation Experience

by TripAdvisor Member CowboyFamily

My wife and I with our 15 month old child just completed a wonderful 5 night stay at Fort Marcy. We arrived early Sunday morning and were give a one level two bedroom suite with a wonderful view of the mountains and only a short walk to oversee the city. The room included a small patio, grass front yard and a stacking washer and dryer. Our room was clean and we did not encounter any problems. The staff was very helpful and willing to assist our requests. The manager always asked if we were happy or needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable. This hotel is in a great location for families who want a nice room with only a short walk to the plaza. There is also a park with hiking trails just across the street. We were married at the Loretto Chapel 3 years ago and visit Santa Fe 2-3 times a year and were quite pleased with this location and will certainly return in the future. This hotel would be great for families as well as people who want a full service room and kitchen close to the plaza.

Cross of the Martyrs, Fort Marcy, Santa Fe, NMCross of the Martyrs, Fort Marcy, Santa Fe, NM

Comments